Fire Emblem series -

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Still on Golden Deer. Part 2. Battle of Arieli
I played chapter 1 of AW but then found out you cant recruit them. So I'm basically gonna play through GD regularly then start new game plus with Black Eagles. I'm still debating on making Dorothea the dancer for my next playthrough. Flayn is the dancer currently but she doesn't really feel useful?

AzuraAquafina

The Naga clan got some nice violet lovedolls ;)
kiwifarms.net
I played chapter 1 of AW but then found out you cant recruit them. So I'm basically gonna play through GD regularly then start new game plus with Black Eagles. I'm still debating on making Dorothea the dancer for my next playthrough. Flayn is the dancer currently but she doesn't really feel useful?
I find Flayn dancer to be mediocre in my first playthrough. I know rescue range sucks ass, but I'd rather have the option open alongside dancing. Dancers, in general, aren't that useful in 3H compared to other entries in the series. That doesn't mean you should pass up the Heron cup though. They're useful for LTC strats and the side-benefits are nice if you know who to give it to. If you have a unit that is doing poorly you can salvage them by making them a dancer, but make sure to give them the charm to win the cup.

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
Felix or Ferdinand make good dancer dodge tanks. I just use Dorothea for Warlock Meteor shenanigans. And other things I guess. She grew on me a lot.

Reactions: AzuraAquafina

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Finished Golden Deer. I liked it. I love Joe Zieja. Hes amazing. Claude and I were a successful match lol

Why do people love Blue Lions? Most of my friends do and it placed first in every Japanese poll. I don't really get it. Tbh the only character I like on that team is Mercedes. But that is because she owns everyone in her supports.

About to start BE. Gotta get my love for Tara Platt and Chris Patton lmao. And I can finally do the DLC. Apparently the canon route is the church route?

Also...I didn't recruit most students before. Is it reccomended to do so for story/dialogue/more lively academy reasons?

Also what's everyone's favorite and most hated timeskip designs?

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
Finished Golden Deer. I liked it. I love Joe Zieja. Hes amazing. Claude and I were a successful match lol

Why do people love Blue Lions? Most of my friends do and it placed first in every Japanese poll. I don't really get it. Tbh the only character I like on that team is Mercedes. But that is because she owns everyone in her supports.

About to start BE. Gotta get my love for Tara Platt and Chris Patton lmao. And I can finally do the DLC. Apparently the canon route is the church route?

Also...I didn't recruit most students before. Is it reccomended to do so for story/dialogue/more lively academy reasons?

Also what's everyone's favorite and most hated timeskip designs?
Mainly because it's the most "complete" out of all of them. Without any spoilers, GD and Church are very identical and BE, while it may be the most original in terms of events, feels very unsatisfying. It also fleshes out the main lord in a way that doesn't completely suck his dick. I consider BL as the """best""" written out of all of them but personally I find it mediocre. I have no idea about cannon route, where did you get that source?

It depends I suppose. Not recruiting certain units adds a bit to the emotional tension in the story. Recruiting allows for more paralogues, dialogues, and extra weapon exp for Byleth.

Favorite timeskip designs: Dorathea, Ingrid, Annette, Dedue, Marianne, Ferdinand, and Lorenz
Least favorite timeskip designs: Sylvain and Bernadetta

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are there any notable lolcows in the FE fandom? One lolcow I see quite a lot on Twitter is Molebeef/why_hime and AGoddamn can be a bit of one too.

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
Are there any notable lolcows in the FE fandom? One lolcow I see quite a lot on Twitter is Molebeef/why_hime and AGoddamn can be a bit of one too.
Aside from Cirosan maybe, I can't think of any. I know Agoddamn can be pretty autistic with her analysis and a bit of a hypocrite, but what did the other person do?

Edit: Oh, never mind.
Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 2.46.36 AM - Edited.png

Last edited:

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mostly know Molebeef from the Final Fantasy XIV community because she routinely has meltdowns over Shadowbringers accusing the game of racism and sexism constantly. She gets really angry over non issues and demands people call the developers out more for mundane shit. In the FE fandom she recently went after an Edeleth fan, accusing them of racism over something stupid. Her he/him lesbian friend jumped in on the fun and chimped out at the Edeleth fan because they misgendered her. Said friend got really angry over they/them pronouns being used. The whole Twitter exchange is a mess and a lot of it was nuked. I can’t find most of it and by the time I actually did come across the shit storm most of it was gone.

Molebeef is also extremely obsessed with looking for racism in every thing she sees, especially when it comes to brown characters. The best part is that she is white herself.

http://archive.li/1xrcL and http://archive.li/2Iz05 have some context on her behavior. She goes by why_hime and molebeef on Twitter, with the latter being her primary FE account.

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
I mostly know Molebeef from the Final Fantasy XIV community because she routinely has meltdowns over Shadowbringers accusing the game of racism and sexism constantly. She gets really angry over non issues and demands people call the developers out more for mundane shit. In the FE fandom she recently went after an Edeleth fan, accusing them of racism over something stupid. Her he/him lesbian friend jumped in on the fun and chimped out at the Edeleth fan because they misgendered her. Said friend got really angry over they/them pronouns being used. The whole Twitter exchange is a mess and a lot of it was nuked. I can’t find most of it and by the time I actually did come across the shit storm most of it was gone.

Molebeef is also extremely obsessed with looking for racism in every thing she sees, especially when it comes to brown characters. The best part is that she is white herself.

http://archive.li/1xrcL and http://archive.li/2Iz05 have some context on her behavior. She goes by why_hime and molebeef on Twitter, with the latter being her primary FE account.
Pretty much summed up my 15-minute experience of lurking through her Twitter.

To be honest, I'm really cautious of fans doing their own translation of a work, especially if they're a hardcore shipper or knee-deep in their political echo chamber. I'm barely bilingual, but I know that translating, say, a novel or a work of literature requires a level of your own interpretation as most languages cannot be taken literally without coming off stilted. It seems like what they did is a lot more autistic than whatever Cirosan did in Project Exile. It doesn't help that she writes her own fanfiction.

This whole Edeleth ship is such a shitshow. One of them barely has any character, so I don't really see the point in arguing the validity of the ship, let alone any ship.

I'm curious if she's an Awakening baby, if so, then I'm sure she would have a massive meltdown over the Verdanites.

Silver Chariot

Oi Josuke! I used ZA HANDO to erase our avatars!
kiwifarms.net
for those that cared about FE Cipher - probably no one - the card series is ending

I'm only gonna miss the art. Well, that's all anyone's gonna miss, really...

• Informative

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aside from Cirosan maybe, I can't think of any. I know Agoddamn can be pretty autistic with her analysis and a bit of a hypocrite, but what did the other person do?

Edit: Oh, never mind.
View attachment 1212401
Molebeef is always screaming about sexist writing in every media she consumes. You could have her watch Mister Roger’s Neighborhood and she’d still find some way to call it sexist. She is extremely obsessed with calling out racism even if it isn’t there. Any time someone on Twitter says or does something innocent that she finds even remotely racist she is on their ass attacking them like they committed a real world hate crime. She also spergs constantly about a FFXIV character being white washed in their official artworks despite the character never being dark skinned at all.

I think she is low key hiding a fetish for brown people and their cultures. Her XIV character is dark skinned and comes from a region that is the in game equivalent of India. Any criticism of the region, including disliking the map layout will have her accuse you of racism and hating MENA cultures. In the FE fandom she gets extremely defensive over Claude and will go to great lengths to harass people who wrong him as if he were a real person. Yet she isn’t this autistic over Dedue.

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
Molebeef is always screaming about sexist writing in every media she consumes. You could have her watch Mister Roger’s Neighborhood and she’d still find some way to call it sexist. She is extremely obsessed with calling out racism even if it isn’t there. Any time someone on Twitter says or does something innocent that she finds even remotely racist she is on their ass attacking them like they committed a real world hate crime. She also spergs constantly about a FFXIV character being white washed in their official artworks despite the character never being dark skinned at all.

I think she is low key hiding a fetish for brown people and their cultures. Her XIV character is dark skinned and comes from a region that is the in game equivalent of India. Any criticism of the region, including disliking the map layout will have her accuse you of racism and hating MENA cultures. In the FE fandom she gets extremely defensive over Claude and will go to great lengths to harass people who wrong him as if he were a real person. Yet she isn’t this autistic over Dedue.
I wonder what she would think of Deirdre. She's starting to remind me of Lena Dunham. Both are vapid and ill-equipped to discuss sexism and racism then they turn around and fetishize people with darker skin. I didn't know she was defensive of Claude, the only tweet that I found regarding Claude is the translation of a word that meant scheming but may have had a different connotation. Not that it really addresses my issue with the way Claude is written.

Reactions: SnowBall

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what she would think of Deirdre. She's starting to remind me of Lena Dunham. Both are vapid and ill-equipped to discuss sexism and racism then they turn around and fetishize people with darker skin. I didn't know she was defensive of Claude, the only tweet that I found regarding Claude is the translation of a word that meant scheming but may have had a different connotation. Not that it really addresses my issue with the way Claude is written.
The whole reason she went after that one Edeleth fan was because they removed Claude from a picture, despite removing all the guys from it including the white Dimitri. Considering how much she hates Edeleth fans she probably wanted an excuse to pick a fight with one who was minding their own business, thus pulling the racism accusation out of her ass. I don't do any Fire Emblem ships but from what I have been told many Edeleth fans have gotten harassed by her for no reason. I swear the anti fans are just as rabid as the stans and shippers. For how much Agoddamn goes on about terrible Edelgard stans she herself is equally as obsessed with the character.

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
The whole reason she went after that one Edeleth fan was because they removed Claude from a picture, despite removing all the guys from it including the white Dimitri. Considering how much she hates Edeleth fans she probably wanted an excuse to pick a fight with one who was minding their own business, thus pulling the racism accusation out of her ass. I don't do any Fire Emblem ships but from what I have been told many Edeleth fans have gotten harassed by her for no reason. I swear the anti fans are just as rabid as the stans and shippers. For how much Agoddamn goes on about terrible Edelgard stans she herself is equally as obsessed with the character.
Their argument against Edeleth is that it contributes to the male gaze or something like that. But you could literally make that argument with any of Byleth's S-supports.

F!Byleth and Dimitri, for example, is popular among those who are into the tragic male that is cured by a female love interest. You could argue that the ship is problematic since it renders Dimitri's arc as a dangerously inept way of handling mental illness. Of course, I'm not against shipping it since it's just two characters and whatnot. And besides, the dating sim aspect of 3H is there to jerk the player off. I don't personally like having dating sim elements in Fire Emblem but I can at least compartmentalize my feelings of the game's fanservice over consistency.

Silver Chariot

Oi Josuke! I used ZA HANDO to erase our avatars!
kiwifarms.net
Look, Byleth is a simp unless you play him/her like an absolute loner or chill professor that doesn't want to fuck the students

I wonder what she would think of Deirdre.
Wait wait, Deirdre from FE4 or Dedue from FE3H like the post above you says?
Because yea, I'm surprised that Molebeef hasn't brought up Ingrid's rather obvious racism towards the dark skinned guy (at least according to what I'm reading from this thread)
And if you really did mean Deirdre from FE4, I always saw her as a victim of 80s anime writing of women- which is weird because Caeda was a thing in FE1 & 3.

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
Look, Byleth is a simp unless you play him/her like an absolute loner or chill professor that doesn't want to fuck the students

Wait wait, Deirdre from FE4 or Dedue from FE3H like the post above you says?
Because yea, I'm surprised that Molebeef hasn't brought up Ingrid's rather obvious racism towards the dark skinned guy (at least according to what I'm reading from this thread)
And if you really did mean Deirdre from FE4, I always saw her as a victim of 80s anime writing of women- which is weird because Caeda was a thing in FE1 & 3.
I meant exactly Deirdre from FE4. But in regards to Ingrid, I do recall Molebeef portraying her being pretty racist/sexist/transphobic in the JP version. Or at least one of her associates did.

I don't know if I fully agree that Deirdre is a victim of her time since FE4, specifically gen 1, is deeply rooted in Norse and Celtic folklore. The concept of her character is pretty faithful to her own folklore, both characters and their lovers end in tragedy. I would even go as far as to say that Sigurd's fate is heavily based on certain events in the Volsunga Saga. I think Kaga tried to write strong female characters but are executed shoddily sometimes. For example, Arya forced to work with the Verdanites even she could probably strike down Shannon's captors or Minerva constantly playing second fiddle to Michalis when it comes to being a political leader for whatever reason. I would say Caeda is just closer to what a strong female character could be, at least in Kaga writing.

• Informative
Reactions: Silver Chariot

AzuraAquafina

kiwifarms.net
Isn't the reason why she's racist towards Dedue is because of her fiance? It seems pretty cruel to bash her because of her own hang-ups. Every time I go onto Twitter for 3H, it's like I'm in a different timeline or something. I don't recall Ingrid being homophobic toward Sylvain or sexist toward Dorothea. Although that might be because of white-washed localization. Even then, if these people are sperging towards fans who are only familiar with the English version then that's pretty lolcow worthy lol.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For a fandom that gets Autistic over every single little detail of the game they get so awfully hung up on their own biases that they will white wash canon to fit their narrative. It doesn’t matter if Ingrid has a reason to feel anger towards Duscur or have it be her flaw, in their eyes it it irredeemable that her character flaw is ignorance towards a group of people. Characters are allowed to have flaws, but only fandom approved ones. They aren’t allowed to learn from their mistakes and grow, they will forever be trash in the eyes of the fans.

The whole Ingrid being homophobic and transphobic comes fron fan translations and I wouldn’t be shocked if these people purposefully twisted some of it around to take artistic liberties out of bias.

Also I don’t understand why Hilda’s whole support chain with Cyril doesn’t get anywhere near as much attention as Ingrid’s one with Dedue. It gets acknowledged but not as much as the latter despite being worse. You also have Felix insulting Dedue by calling him a dog but that also gets glossed over compared to Ingrid. Ingrid even apologizes to Dedue in their supports.

You know compared to the rest of the characters Ingrid is actually quite tame when it comes to prejudice. If you never played the game and your only knowledge of her came from fandom interpretations alone you’d think she was some horrible racist homophobe who tossed slurs at everyone and regularly committed hate crimes.

This is why I call fandoms who nitpick and are are anal about canon while ignoring it when it goes against their narrative “selective autism.”

• Agree
Tags
None