Fire Emblem series -

RurkerHivemind

kiwifarms.net
I recently got past Floor 7 of Lagdou Ruins finally. It was a pain dealing with all the magic units and Stone ranges.

The next floor made me quit since I didn't want to lose my progress this time. I will be boosting some stats like Resistance and Luck to lower crit chances sneaking up on my Frontline units. I cannot wait to get to Floor 9 to cheese it with the Mine Glitch.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
I recently got past Floor 7 of Lagdou Ruins finally. It was a pain dealing with all the magic units and Stone ranges.

The next floor made me quit since I didn't want to lose my progress this time. I will be boosting some stats like Resistance and Luck to lower crit chances sneaking up on my Frontline units. I cannot wait to get to Floor 9 to cheese it with the Mine Glitch.
Are ya completing it just to get it done, or will you go for Lyon?

RurkerHivemind

kiwifarms.net
Well guess what? I managed to finally unlock Lyon.

143410279_2868520500095026_1675370287165147887_o.jpg

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
With another refresher playthrough of Fire Emblem Conquest sitting at the forefront of my mind, I figure now is a good time to elaborate on why I personally find it to be about as low-quality as the rest of the Fates experience despite it being the unquestionable top dog of the 3, as well as post some highlights where I think it shines. For reference, I played the game on Hard/Classic. I didn't do much in the way of grinding outside of occasionally spending some time in the DLC Gold map that I downloaded when I first got the game, and anything extra was simply the one-time free DLC gifts in the Witch's Mark and the free Boots/Paragon. Outside of that, I played a relatively normal Conquest run.

In a nutshell: Gimmicks. I know Revelations is the game known for extremely gimmicky maps, but I couldn't get over on this particular playthrough how much of the difficulty and frustrations that come from Conquest are in the form of some extremely detrimental map effects that the player has to walk a tightrope around and that leads to some of the most unfun maps in the entire franchise in my humble opinion. Admittedly, I understand they're supposed to make you think, but I don't understand why many are necessary when the best maps in Conquest are the most "Normal Fire Emblem". From Chapter 12 all the way down to Chapter 22 are all tinged with so much busywork and micromanaging that they become exhausting slogs, exceptions being Chapter 13 and Chapter 15(which is just a massively boring chapter so it gets no credit from me.)

There's also the fact that the Hoshidan army is just plain superior to the Nohr army. Their skills tend to be more useful, their classes more varied, they have one of the best classes in the game en masse (Ninja)...sure, you're not fighting them the entire playthrough but aside from not having access to the actual best class in Fates (Wyverns), there's very little they don't have to fuck with the relatively more simple, situational skillsets of the Nohrian army. Why there isn't some sort of cleansing, limited staff to mitigate all the skills and rods floating around is beyond me, but it would have mitigated a lot of the headache.

This is besides the fact that, in a vacuum, I think the units you're given in Conquest tend to be better than who you're given in Birthright. (I mean, there are still stinkers, but you're never given a Setsuna.)

Speaking of units, here's some highlights.

Effie.jpg

Effie made my entire game possible basically on her own, only barely trailing behind a Paladin Corrin in usefulness and otherwise being my go-to problem solver. She took on everything Conquest had to throw at her and got some major blessings in her stats. Having a Knight be capable of shutting down a horde of magic-abusing units really is a sight to behold. She married Silas since the two were a power-couple for the entire game, and humorously, pairing the +Skill of the Stick meant she got to proc Luna a stupid amount of times. 100% the true MVP of my playthrough.

Silas.jpg

Silas is good. Nobody ever says Silas isn't good. Nobody should be surprised that my Silas ended up good. Still, I got lucky being able to forge Nohrian Blade up a few levels, as without it he wouldn't have been able to been as efficient as a blockade as he ended up being. He paired with Effie extremely well and I could rely on him to hold the line basically anywhere (since Effie still had inferior Mov) I asked him to sans situations where Mages were a thing. I got Sophie on my team, and while she grew to have massive Skill, Strength, and Speed, her defenses were stat-screwed despite her parents and she wasn't nearly as much of a highlight as I expected her to be.

Selena.jpg

In true Severa fashion, she must've seen how good Effie was turning out and decided that she could be just as good. She might've actually done it, if Fates didn't feel the need to give her such a low Strength cap. Regardless, Severa was an absolute monster as a Bow Knight who was hitting her stride arguably faster than even Corrin or Effie. A lack of strong Bow-users in Conquest coupled with Bows being decent in Fates meant that Severa ended up being my defacto "Sniper", and her reclassing to Kinshi Knight made her an excellent support unit. As long as it wasn't an Oni Fighter or Knight of some sorts, she was pretty damn capable of assassinating anything I threw at her. Hexlock Spear was also a good grab since she already had great Res. While she isn't MVP material, Beruka was an amazing partner for Severa and the two solved pretty much all of my Flier problems.

Nyx.jpg

This is not a "Nyx is actually good" post. She'll never be a viable unit in most playthroughs and I'm not about to advocate for that. With that said, Nyx was absolutely a top contender in my playthrough. Insta-promoting her to Witch in her joining chapter makes her capable of one-shots on pretty much anything in her range, her ability to snipe units in Chapter 10 alleviated a ton of the pressure from my front-line units, and she was surprisingly Crit happy. Basically, I sent Nyx against anything in a desperation move and she took care of it basically every time. Ninjas, Maids, Faceless, Wyverns...if there was a problem sending her was a really strong gamble despite her low BST. When she learned Warp, things started to get crazy as she suddenly was able to co-op with Effie and Severa for extremely powerful strikes from basically anywhere, and paired with Azura she opened up an amount of offensive potential that my team was sorely lacking for a large chunk of the run. I thought she couldn't get any better, but then I snagged Disrobing Gale in a random My Castle drop and suddenly she could double 90% of anything with her insane speed. I wouldn't recommend Nyx in normal playthroughs, but if you feel like managing paper defenses, she can be really fun to play with. She was also my only real Magic user, as Elise fell through on being anything other than a Staff bot.

Shura.jpg

Shura isn't a spectacular unit, and usually isn't worth the boots. *Usually.* This playthrough, however, I managed to put him to work. He had decent Pair-Up bonuses with Corrin and his decent healing and use of Bows carried me in places I didn't think he could. He wasn't stand-out compared to the other 4 units in my MVP's, but he also bailed me out of resetting situations more times than I can count. He paid his dues and I find that worth more than the consistently average performances of my other units such as Leo, Camilla, and Charlette.

To be blunt, Conquest's best qualities are that it has some genuinely good maps, some contenders for best in the series. That's definitely worth a lot in my book, but I wish they weren't in between a lot of crap combo'd with an absolutely rancid story that is just infuriating in it's sheer stupidity. I won't say I didn't have some fun, but I can't say I'm ever "enjoying" the full experience of Conquest when so much of it feels like a hassle to play. It's got some bite, the designers clearly went out of their way to make it a more thought-provoking experience than the rest of Fates, but it's still Fates, and the refined combat mechanics aren't put to full use when the game uses those same mechanics to annoy the shit out of you.

Better than Birthright (which I'll probably do next.) and Revelations, but that really isn't saying much since I wouldn't go back to this game either aside from morbid curiosities.

And, for shits and giggles, here's the "No-Hopers" of my team: Stat-screwed units that I tried to use but fell off due to terrible RNG.
Niles.jpg

Odin.jpg

Laslow.jpg

Jakob.jpg

Not Pictured: Arthur, who flunked so bad that he died and I absolutely did not feel like it was worth a reset for someone as bad as he was. (Chapter 9 btw)

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Finally got back into this series after a long ass break from playing everything up to the GC games on emulators.

Now I have a Switch, and Citra runs FE Awakening pretty good on my phone. Been having fun so far with that and Three Houses.

I will say, me and my wife are finding it amusing making fun of the "professor" MC. Especially since he essentially keeps a binder full of stalker notes of his students.

The Iconoclast

No more half-measures
kiwifarms.net
With another refresher playthrough of Fire Emblem Conquest sitting at the forefront of my mind, I figure now is a good time to elaborate on why I personally find it to be about as low-quality as the rest of the Fates experience despite it being the unquestionable top dog of the 3, as well as post some highlights where I think it shines. For reference, I played the game on Hard/Classic. I didn't do much in the way of grinding outside of occasionally spending some time in the DLC Gold map that I downloaded when I first got the game, and anything extra was simply the one-time free DLC gifts in the Witch's Mark and the free Boots/Paragon. Outside of that, I played a relatively normal Conquest run.

In a nutshell: Gimmicks. I know Revelations is the game known for extremely gimmicky maps, but I couldn't get over on this particular playthrough how much of the difficulty and frustrations that come from Conquest are in the form of some extremely detrimental map effects that the player has to walk a tightrope around and that leads to some of the most unfun maps in the entire franchise in my humble opinion. Admittedly, I understand they're supposed to make you think, but I don't understand why many are necessary when the best maps in Conquest are the most "Normal Fire Emblem". From Chapter 12 all the way down to Chapter 22 are all tinged with so much busywork and micromanaging that they become exhausting slogs, exceptions being Chapter 13 and Chapter 15(which is just a massively boring chapter so it gets no credit from me.)

There's also the fact that the Hoshidan army is just plain superior to the Nohr army. Their skills tend to be more useful, their classes more varied, they have one of the best classes in the game en masse (Ninja)...sure, you're not fighting them the entire playthrough but aside from not having access to the actual best class in Fates (Wyverns), there's very little they don't have to fuck with the relatively more simple, situational skillsets of the Nohrian army. Why there isn't some sort of cleansing, limited staff to mitigate all the skills and rods floating around is beyond me, but it would have mitigated a lot of the headache.

This is besides the fact that, in a vacuum, I think the units you're given in Conquest tend to be better than who you're given in Birthright. (I mean, there are still stinkers, but you're never given a Setsuna.)

Speaking of units, here's some highlights.

View attachment 1899150
Effie made my entire game possible basically on her own, only barely trailing behind a Paladin Corrin in usefulness and otherwise being my go-to problem solver. She took on everything Conquest had to throw at her and got some major blessings in her stats. Having a Knight be capable of shutting down a horde of magic-abusing units really is a sight to behold. She married Silas since the two were a power-couple for the entire game, and humorously, pairing the +Skill of the Stick meant she got to proc Luna a stupid amount of times. 100% the true MVP of my playthrough.

View attachment 1899158
Silas is good. Nobody ever says Silas isn't good. Nobody should be surprised that my Silas ended up good. Still, I got lucky being able to forge Nohrian Blade up a few levels, as without it he wouldn't have been able to been as efficient as a blockade as he ended up being. He paired with Effie extremely well and I could rely on him to hold the line basically anywhere (since Effie still had inferior Mov) I asked him to sans situations where Mages were a thing. I got Sophie on my team, and while she grew to have massive Skill, Strength, and Speed, her defenses were stat-screwed despite her parents and she wasn't nearly as much of a highlight as I expected her to be.

View attachment 1899173
In true Severa fashion, she must've seen how good Effie was turning out and decided that she could be just as good. She might've actually done it, if Fates didn't feel the need to give her such a low Strength cap. Regardless, Severa was an absolute monster as a Bow Knight who was hitting her stride arguably faster than even Corrin or Effie. A lack of strong Bow-users in Conquest coupled with Bows being decent in Fates meant that Severa ended up being my defacto "Sniper", and her reclassing to Kinshi Knight made her an excellent support unit. As long as it wasn't an Oni Fighter or Knight of some sorts, she was pretty damn capable of assassinating anything I threw at her. Hexlock Spear was also a good grab since she already had great Res. While she isn't MVP material, Beruka was an amazing partner for Severa and the two solved pretty much all of my Flier problems.

View attachment 1899286
This is not a "Nyx is actually good" post. She'll never be a viable unit in most playthroughs and I'm not about to advocate for that. With that said, Nyx was absolutely a top contender in my playthrough. Insta-promoting her to Witch in her joining chapter makes her capable of one-shots on pretty much anything in her range, her ability to snipe units in Chapter 10 alleviated a ton of the pressure from my front-line units, and she was surprisingly Crit happy. Basically, I sent Nyx against anything in a desperation move and she took care of it basically every time. Ninjas, Maids, Faceless, Wyverns...if there was a problem sending her was a really strong gamble despite her low BST. When she learned Warp, things started to get crazy as she suddenly was able to co-op with Effie and Severa for extremely powerful strikes from basically anywhere, and paired with Azura she opened up an amount of offensive potential that my team was sorely lacking for a large chunk of the run. I thought she couldn't get any better, but then I snagged Disrobing Gale in a random My Castle drop and suddenly she could double 90% of anything with her insane speed. I wouldn't recommend Nyx in normal playthroughs, but if you feel like managing paper defenses, she can be really fun to play with. She was also my only real Magic user, as Elise fell through on being anything other than a Staff bot.

View attachment 1899335
Shura isn't a spectacular unit, and usually isn't worth the boots. *Usually.* This playthrough, however, I managed to put him to work. He had decent Pair-Up bonuses with Corrin and his decent healing and use of Bows carried me in places I didn't think he could. He wasn't stand-out compared to the other 4 units in my MVP's, but he also bailed me out of resetting situations more times than I can count. He paid his dues and I find that worth more than the consistently average performances of my other units such as Leo, Camilla, and Charlette.

To be blunt, Conquest's best qualities are that it has some genuinely good maps, some contenders for best in the series. That's definitely worth a lot in my book, but I wish they weren't in between a lot of crap combo'd with an absolutely rancid story that is just infuriating in it's sheer stupidity. I won't say I didn't have some fun, but I can't say I'm ever "enjoying" the full experience of Conquest when so much of it feels like a hassle to play. It's got some bite, the designers clearly went out of their way to make it a more thought-provoking experience than the rest of Fates, but it's still Fates, and the refined combat mechanics aren't put to full use when the game uses those same mechanics to annoy the shit out of you.

Better than Birthright (which I'll probably do next.) and Revelations, but that really isn't saying much since I wouldn't go back to this game either aside from morbid curiosities.

And, for shits and giggles, here's the "No-Hopers" of my team: Stat-screwed units that I tried to use but fell off due to terrible RNG.

Not Pictured: Arthur, who flunked so bad that he died and I absolutely did not feel like it was worth a reset for someone as bad as he was. (Chapter 9 btw)
Man, I should probably play Fates again. It's been too long and I kinda cheesed my way through the three games by using a save editor lmfao

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
Man, I should probably play Fates again. It's been too long and I kinda cheesed my way through the three games by using a save editor lmfao
That save editor was fun. I always tried to make "legal enough" sets for everyone. And it was good to see all of the hidden jank without going through the "on-cart" DLC.

Still, nothing beat cheesing Lunatic on each path by recruiting stat-hacked or Eternal Seal-capped Corrins.

Last edited:

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
So the more I play 3H, the more I want to believe it's a parody. Seriously, everyone talks like the MC is some deep, supportive person and I'm like "what, the guy that deadpan stares off into the distance?"

Also the cooking segment gets me everytime. He stands there deeply pondering as the pan becomes engulfed in flames.

All in all, the game gives me a good laugh and is fun to play. Is the dlc worth the $25 on a 2nd playthrough?

MisoSupper

Bongistani Salt Mines 2055
kiwifarms.net
So the more I play 3H, the more I want to believe it's a parody. Seriously, everyone talks like the MC is some deep, supportive person and I'm like "what, the guy that deadpan stares off into the distance?"

Also the cooking segment gets me everytime. He stands there deeply pondering as the pan becomes engulfed in flames.

All in all, the game gives me a good laugh and is fun to play. Is the dlc worth the $25 on a 2nd playthrough?
Multiple playthroughs are worth it, but not with the DLC. Most of the DLC packs are extremely sparse for what you pay. You get really shitty cosmetics (honestly its straight criminal how ugly some of these things look), more boring axillary battles, and various other completely forgettable crap that no one asked for. The big pack, Cinder Shadows also is pretty underwhelming, despite having some really good character design. This video pretty much sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_TpAeE2lqU
So honestly just save your money. IS really phoned in the DLC for this game. Any other developer not under the greedy thumb of Nintendo, would've made most of those additions free updates.

AzuraAquafina

Retarded Galaxy Snek ;D
kiwifarms.net
it's still being brought up on social media and i swear some people were pinging some of the VAs over it even recently.
That sounds gay.

But to answer your question, Mangs did get into a tussle with the devs behind Project Ember. One of the devs requested him not to do a playthrough on their hack. Mangs disregarded this and did it anyway. Devs got mad and Chaz and pals got on their soapboxes.

Apparently some people on /feg/ implied there was some sort of gay-op behind the scenes that would shoot down the ROM hacking scene by exposing unsavory things about Arch, who's a big name in hacking. Also really fucking gay.
gayop1.jpggayop2.jpg
I hang around the hacking community every once in awhile and I have yet to see anything exposing but anyone is free to correct me. I just saved these two screenshots because I thought it was really funny. Though I do regret not taking more because there were some lulzy content on that board like comparing Mangs to Jesus or comparing themselves to the Marths and Ikes in the world defeating the Medeus(Chaz) and Asheras(A bunch of other e-celebs). Real delusions of grandeur you would see in Qanons.

The only thing interesting I've found nowadays is orbitals, mostly Mangs, sperging on high school tier drama that happened over six months ago. I haven't checked Twitter, but, you know, I have my limits.

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
That sounds gay.

But to answer your question, Mangs did get into a tussle with the devs behind Project Ember. One of the devs requested him not to do a playthrough on their hack. Mangs disregarded this and did it anyway. Devs got mad and Chaz and pals got on their soapboxes.

Apparently some people on /feg/ implied there was some sort of gay-op behind the scenes that would shoot down the ROM hacking scene by exposing unsavory things about Arch, who's a big name in hacking. Also really fucking gay.
I hang around the hacking community every once in awhile and I have yet to see anything exposing but anyone is free to correct me. I just saved these two screenshots because I thought it was really funny. Though I do regret not taking more because there were some lulzy content on that board like comparing Mangs to Jesus or comparing themselves to the Marths and Ikes in the world defeating the Medeus(Chaz) and Asheras(A bunch of other e-celebs). Real delusions of grandeur you would see in Qanons.

The only thing interesting I've found nowadays is orbitals, mostly Mangs, sperging on high school tier drama that happened over six months ago. I haven't checked Twitter, but, you know, I have my limits.
fire emblem fandom is an autistic greenhouse waiting to be sowed

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
Well,between the min-maxing, the shipping, and the waifus; I don't know where to start, when it comes to the fanbase.
the elitism, the autism, and the weirdly long history of people in the FEtuber community that have the combination of alcohol problems and also have jobs that involve children.

The Iconoclast

No more half-measures
kiwifarms.net

I don't know about $25 but you do get four new units and an item that allows its holder to null effective damage (like bows against fliers) and counter from any distance, alongside all the other benefits Abyss gives in the main game

Cindered Shadows is short but it's pretty fun and challenging if you play on hard/classic

Apparently the Sauna, which doubles skill points earned, and more difficult auxiliary battles, which help to train your units better, are DLC exclusive too

I've had the DLC since day 1 so I can't quite remember what else it offers that isn't in the base game

If it ever goes on sale then def pick it up lol

HIVidaBoheme

Lurk moar retarded newfags
kiwifarms.net
Got to the final battle of Azure Moon route today in 3H. I've had fun following this route and grown fond of my units. Took me a good chunk of time and effort to have no one dying in Classic Hard off the bat.

My biggest disappointment has to be Hanneman in the dark Bishop class (:_( they did him so dirty with only earning Miasma from it.

JamalActimel

Niggus Maximus
kiwifarms.net
My biggest disappointment has to be Hanneman in the dark Bishop class (:_( they did him so dirty with only earning Miasma from it.
Yeah the class is pure trash. But since seals are hard to obtain most assume it's a good deal.

The best class for Hanneman is sniper imo then warmaster/dark knight