Fire Emblem series -

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WAITING FOR MORE 2HUS
kiwifarms.net
Her ending is better with out all the weird shit that comes after in Claude's, and I'm assuming the other two routes.

I don't know if it's better than Blue Lions, though I wouldn't automatically call it worse either.

Lions and Eagles are more similar to each other than Deer is.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's better than Blue Lions, though I wouldn't automatically call it worse either.

Lions and Eagles are more similar to each other than Deer is.

I've played Edelgard Eagles and Deer, not Lions or Church Eagles. Planning to do Lions someday, not sure if I'm interested in betraying Edelgard in her route.

AzuraAquafina

Retarded Galaxy Snek ;D
kiwifarms.net
It really feels like Intsys is interested in making sure your magic users are situational at best most times. Dodge rates have never been more suspect since Fates came around and you have to be pretty careful when raising a magic user in 3 Houses lest they get left behind due to their limited uses.

Which I only partially understand. Magic was overpowered in ye ol' GBA Emblem which made much of the Western audience want to do nothing but baby them since, and Tharja and Robin's Soul Sucking Adventures in YlliseLand certainly didn't help matters either, but when I think about the franchise as a whole, I feel like Magic in general was better balanced in older titles than it is now (sort of RNG based with limited utility.)

And if it's not that then Intsys is just trying to make things like cheesestrats with Rescue and what-have-you unviable. But, like, nobody is being forced to use those strategies to begin with? I don't know, after clearing most of Fates and 90% of SoV and 3 Houses without magic I'm starting to wonder...
What I find interesting about the older games is that characters generally had lower resistance. In a way, it almost felt like magic was playing by a different set of rules that added a small layer of complexity. It was something you had to watch out for but the caster themselves are fragile as shit that you could reasonably dismantle within reach.

Making rescue/warp cheese unviable is pretty ironic when divine pulse is a forced mechanic that the game is designed around.

HIVidaBoheme

Lurk moar retarded newfags
kiwifarms.net
Annnnd I just found out, today, that Warp only has one use in 3H. Although I don't really see myself using it except for sending one of my horsemen to secure an distant objective.
I got to 2 uses for Lysithea and Manuela as Gremories, Linhardt only got to 1 but I had him as a Mortal Savant so he may have more if sticking to a strictly magical class.

ETA: Regarding magic in the older games, I will never forget how Ivaldi and Bolting could zap your entire army with so much as a misstep (:_( even worse with the maps that had fog of war with Valkiries (I am looking at you Battle Before Dawn and Cog of Destiny in Hector mode)

Last edited:

Dr.Pingas

I will be your doc for today
kiwifarms.net
Remember Lukas from SoV? A journalist has declared that he's asexual from a single line of dialogue and Reddit agrees.
I don't get this fixation on characters sexualities in the modern FE community. Its the same in Claude related discussions where its inevitable that someone insists Claude should've been bi-sexua because he winks in a cutscene.
I could shrug this off easier if it wasn't for the fact that complaints about same sex ships in Three Houses feel more common than complaints about the shitty maps which has me worried for future games.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
I don't get this fixation on characters sexualities in the modern FE community. Its the same in Claude related discussions where its inevitable that someone insists Claude should've been bi-sexua because he winks in a cutscene.
I could shrug this off easier if it wasn't for the fact that complaints about same sex ships in Three Houses feel more common than complaints about the shitty maps which has me worried for future games.
It's the shippers.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joe Zeja is......ehh. I guess when you're conventionally attractive you get rewarded for things.

I only played GD. My understanding is that the general consensus is

BL >> BE >> GD

HIVidaBoheme

Lurk moar retarded newfags
kiwifarms.net
Joe Zeja is......ehh. I guess when you're conventionally attractive you get rewarded for things.

I only played GD. My understanding is that the general consensus is

BL >> BE >> GD
They also cling to the fact Claude is the only lord who takes you out to dance regardless of Byleth's gender. While I agree with that there should have been an equal number of homo ships ultimately that is secondary in nature to what the game is about.

Shippers just tard out because they wanna tard out, support mechanic was never meant to be a huge part of a game. It was only meant to be a neat little bonus (:_(

ETA: I am still in the middle of my GD run, their characters are pretty lame for the most part but I have found they are more versatile than most characters of the other houses. They make for good hybrid units. Also never making the same mistake of playing Hard when trying a new route again.

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
They also cling to the fact Claude is the only lord who takes you out to dance regardless of Byleth's gender. While I agree with that there should have been an equal number of homo ships ultimately that is secondary in nature to what the game is about.

Shippers just tard out because they wanna tard out, support mechanic was never meant to be a huge part of a game. It was only meant to be a neat little bonus (:_(

ETA: I am still in the middle of my GD run, their characters are pretty lame for the most part but I have found they are more versatile than most characters of the other houses. They make for good hybrid units. Also never making the same mistake of playing Hard when trying a new route again.
they're mad as fuck bc claude doesn't want bussy.