Fire Relief Fund -

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
I'm proud of everyone who's donated, really. I just personally don't feel comfortable doing so.

UltraSonichu

BASICALLY PROMISED
kiwifarms.net
I don't think anyone that donated thinks that EVERY SINGLE RED CENT will go on useful things to help Chris and Barb get back on their feet. But come on - bad as they were, they didn't deserve to lose the house, and nobody else gives a shit about them, and for a good reason. If we didn't give just because we wouldn't be thanked, or because we thought they deserved misfortune, honestly what would make us, as people, morally better than Chris? (apart from the lack of :briefs: anyway)

I do see the other side though - like that falling through the net would be a character building experience for Chris and Barb and teach them a lesson. HOWEVER. We're talking a pair of mentally ill serial half-wits here. They're not capable of doing anything different, they're too far gone. Think of it as donating a penny to the village idiots - you don't expect any meaningful change, but even selfish idiots are still people.

Greg Sestero

kiwifarms.net
CatParty said:
Null said:
Am I seriously going to have to lock this thread? Set up something in the discussion board if you want to argue the logic.

Nobody here is expecting a "thank you". We expect Chris to take it for granted, but to most people, I think the idea of a 70 year old gentry with scabies and a 30 year old man not able to afford soap because of having to board their pets in kennels and pay for contractors to safety-proof their house before insurance pays out is why they donate.

please lock this thread

I agree, please lock this thread. We started another topic on Discussion on whether Chris deserved donations, like we were told to, but then it got locked. I say if people who think Chris doesn't deserve donations aren't being allowed to express that opinion civilly, we should lock this down too.

Huntin' Slash

in memory of @hyperion 1980-2017
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
Greg Sestero said:
I agree, please lock this thread. We started another topic on Discussion on whether Chris deserved donations, like we were told to, but then it got locked. I say if people who think Chris doesn't deserve donations aren't being allowed to express that opinion civilly, we should lock this down too.
I don't think that thread should be locked (at least not yet), so I unlocked it unless Katsu or whoever else wants it to stay closed.

DustyR

kiwifarms.net
You know something, big daddy? I think everyone has said everything that could be said in favor or against donations, so anything else would just be repetition really. I know I sat here and typed up a fury of words, but there's nothing more on that I can say. This thread would be good to see updates on how the fund progresses and any additional donations, suggestions for their usage, etc.

QuestionablePoster

kiwifarms.net
I am thinking the time to donate money is over, but I do want to give Chris something to take his mind off the troubles. I want to make him a Steam Account and put some games on it for him, here's hoping he has access to a decent computer to enjoy it.

What do you guys think?

Silvana

Innocent Journalist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My router got blown out by lightning on New Year's Day, and I've only just got back online, but having quickly got up to date, I've donated $10 - hope I'm not too late...

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DustyR said:
You know something, big daddy? I think everyone has said everything that could be said in favor or against donations, so anything else would just be repetition really. I know I sat here and typed up a fury of words, but there's nothing more on that I can say. This thread would be good to see updates on how the fund progresses and any additional donations, suggestions for their usage, etc.

ugh gimmick posters.....

rocket

14/f/japan
kiwifarms.net
CatParty said:
DustyR said:

ugh gimmick posters.....
I blame this phenomenon on reddit

Hulk get in here and show these scrubs who runs this town

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Tomorrow, all materials should arrive and I should be able to put together the box. I'll leave the channel up today in case any last minute donations come in, but I'll turn off the box.

Including my contribution and the 2 donations that got lost that I'll make up for, the final number comes to: $911.23

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Null said:
Tomorrow, all materials should arrive and I should be able to put together the box. I'll leave the channel up today in case any last minute donations come in, but I'll turn off the box.

Including my contribution and the 2 donations that got lost that I'll make up for, the final number comes to: $911.23

do you have a picture of the final relief package?

Mourning Dove

Zenaida macroura
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I never would have guessed in the last couple months that the CWCki forums would somehow be compelled to give Chris an entire tugboat from their own pockets and then some. As is the crazy life of Chris.

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mourning Dove said:
I never would have guessed in the last couple months that the CWCki forums would somehow be compelled to give Chris an entire tugboat from their own pockets and then some. As is the crazy lazy life of Chris.
fixed

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
CatParty said:
Null said:

do you have a picture of the final relief package?
Not yet. I was originally only planning on getting just the items from the store, but since the number quintupled expectations I'm getting extra stuff off Amazon and I don't know how big all of that's going to be. Before I can start setting up the postal box I need to know how much space I need.

Coming off Amazon was extra giftcards, simple craft supplies, and socks. Because I fucking love socks. You'd also be surprised at how quickly socks get ruined when you're stepping through a house that has a combination of firehose water and ash caked into the carpet.

Himawari

Nigga that's kawaii
kiwifarms.net
QuestionablePoster said:
I am thinking the time to donate money is over, but I do want to give Chris something to take his mind off the troubles. I want to make him a Steam Account and put some games on it for him, here's hoping he has access to a decent computer to enjoy it.

What do you guys think?
He doesn't.

Venusaur

Kiwi Farms Produce Inspector
kiwifarms.net
Wow that's an impressive amount, almost a grand! Good job organizing all this Null.

As for the Steam suggestion... I don't think Chris has a reliable computer, and I don't think he's a PC gamer. It's a nice idea and all, but I really don't know if it'll be worth it.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
^It wouldn't. Not only has Chris not had access to a computer for the last 3 years, but he couldn't give a shit and a half about PC games because they don't operate on a console.

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mr. 0 said:
^It wouldn't. Not only has Chris not had access to a computer for the last 3 years, but he couldn't give a shit and a half about PC games because they don't operate on a console.

and he's gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino