First concert - it's ok if mommy took you

ADN_VIII

I need more coffee
kiwifarms.net
My mom took me to an OAR concert when I was in high school.

I loved it, not least because the music was genuinely fun to listen to.

Reactions: Bassomatic

FatFuckFrank

Maybe in time, you'll want to be mine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
depends

either the Christian musical act Carmen, or some other christian group like Plus One (it was a family gathering)
Only Carmen I still remember vividly

First I have fond memories of is Weird Al

My absolute favorite is either Kenny Loggins or Roger Waters The Wall tour

• Winner
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

Maltninja

Ready fi dem
kiwifarms.net
Dinosaur Jr. When Green Mind came out, 91-92 time. Mascis was a mess, a few songs got abandoned. They played a few blinders nonetheless.

Bonus trivia: Boo Radleys were the support act. They played their socks off,

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net

Simon and Garfunkel free concert in Central Park, New York, Sept. 19, 1981. I was a high school kid then.

This was my little Woodstock experience. Well, mine and couple of hundred thousand others'.

My first paid concert ticket was Bob Dylan, Meadowlands Arena, New Jersey, Oct. 27, 1981

(I could find no video of that, but this is from the same year)

And yes, old guys can navigate the internet, kids. At least some of us can.

The Shadow

The Shadow knows!
kiwifarms.net
Enema-era Blink-182. My dad took me.

A lot of parents dragged their brats out due to the swearing and dick jokes, but my dad thought it was hilarious.

Reactions: Recon and Kiwi Jeff

Clown College

Soulless minion of orthodoxy
kiwifarms.net
My older brother took me to see Bush with The Toadies and Hum in '95.

My first solo was a Halloween concert in '98 with Sevendust, Machine Head, Chevelle and Orange 9mm.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Faket0Fake

ポニプニパニポニ歩いて行くよモニムニマニモニ毎日
kiwifarms.net
It was either Doomsday Festival or Rock am Ring in 2000, I forget which was first. I was around 16 and my brother and his university friends took me and my friend in a camper van. They were going to take me previously but this was the first time my parents allowed it.

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mom and grandma took me to see Raffi when I was 4 or 5 and I still remember it vividly. My first big boy concert was Godsmack.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino