Five Nights At Freddy's -

RetardBus

Isn't it lunch time?
kiwifarms.net
Five Nights At Freddy's is a really fun and innovative indie survival horror game that has enough fun stuff, secrets, and possible experiences to have that I thought it deserved it's own thread. You play the role of a security guard working the graveyard shift at Chuck E. Cheese's in your nightmares Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. The animatronic robots are set to a mode where they roam the restaurant freely at night while it's closed to prevent their servos from locking up.

Watch out, if they see you after the pizzeria is closed, they'll think you're an animatronic endoskeleton outside of it's costume and forcefully stuff you into one, which kills you, as these costumes are not meant for humans to wear and have wires, frames, and sharp metallic bits inside of them.

You are trapped inside of your security office from 12 AM to 6, and the only ways you can defend yourself are by watching the cameras to see where the various animatronics are, and shutting the doors to your office when they get to close. You can also turn on lights to see if an animatronic is right outisde of your office, and if you see one, shut that door immediately or you're dead meat!

However, because of past incidents which has caused the corporation to lose great amounts of money, the pizzeria is on a "power budget" late at night and because of this, you have to shut doors, turn on lights, and use your cameras very sparingly until 6 AM, because if you run out of power, Freddy'll be coming for you.

I think this is an innovative and fun survival horror game for a variety of different reasons, ranging from it's design, it's theme, it actually being disturbing, and also the game being simple yet at the same time very strategic. It's a very psychological game that preys on your fears and instincts, and you have to decide on one thing. Will you be as safe as you can until the power goes out, or will you be brave and try to put your fears aside, taking as much chances as you can to conserve power until 6 AM? The choice is yours, and whether you survive or not depends on how you play your cards.

So far I've made it to Night 2 in the demo, the farthest I've gotten being 5 AM with 7% power before getting caught by Freddy after the power got zapped. This seems like the kind of game I think I'll try to get friends to play around Halloween, and tell them as little as possible about it just to make the experience more unnerving. :lol:

Last edited:

R.A.E.L.

Blind spider waifu
kiwifarms.net
Too pussy to play it myself; Markiplier did that for me. :p It's already got quite the fanbase.
tumblr_nafgm6h1Rj1s4forpo1_1280.png

Dollars2010

Necromancer Corgi Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've only made it to night 3 before I stopped because:
the damn fox at Pirate Cove got me. Seeing him run down the hallway was just freaky as all get.

It's a pretty neat game concept and makes you have to figure out a technique to conserve your energy, between checking the cameras and checking the hallways, to make sure you make it to 6am before the spooky dolls get you.

The chicken is the spookiest with those teeth of his, (:_(

RetardBus

Isn't it lunch time?
kiwifarms.net
So far on Night 2 I have to say, the rabbit is the fucking worst. :cryblood: He can move so quickly! One second he was backstage, and then the next he was right outside the security office. :'( I quite literally jumped when I switched on the lights and saw that. I like how this game tries to make the player screw up out of fear. I have yet to have the pirate fox sprint down the hallway and murder me, but that will probably change soon.

The way the chicken is so slow makes it all the more nerve wracking when it begins making its way to the office. You frantically check the cameras, wondering when it will be right outside of the door. Even on Night 2 I've lost power because both the rabbit and the chicken were right outside of the office.

Last edited:

c-no

I Love Me Some White Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gave the demo a try. Around 4 AM on the first day, the chicken gotten me and I honestly thought that before, it moved to some other room. I honestly do hope this game gets released on Steam since it has been greenlighted.

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
If Shrek was in the game, all of the animatronics would be hiding in the office trying not to get #rekted by him.

> Power goes out
> All Star by Smash Mouth plays
> Flickering light at the left door
> It's Shrek
> Music ends
> He pops up from below the screen
> "THIS IS MY SWAMP!!!111!!1!!"
> Game Over screen shows scrap metal and onions
> Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

Now to get on topic; I've only seen LPs of this game, and I don't even want to scroll up. I hate jump scares. I also wonder how they shove you into a suit. Do they just cram you into the head and torso? I love how Foxy gets you; he's like "I HEARD YOU TALKING SHIT!" -insert game over-.

All in all, it's a pretty unique looking game. Haven't seen anything like this since Night Trap. Indy horror games have not disappointed.

Last edited:

c-no

I Love Me Some White Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bought the full game on Steam today and I'm back at Night 2. I'm ready for Freddy whether I want him in my security office or not.
What about Foxy or Chika or even Bonnie?

bf6.gif

RetardBus

Isn't it lunch time?
kiwifarms.net
Might work better in the image thread I set up for this. Should this just be merged with the image thread? Didn't think about that before I started this thread in Games. I still think this thread should probably remain in gaming because we'd still be discussing the game itself in between posting the endless amounts of hilarious fan art and image edits.

Last edited:

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
Might work better in the image thread I set up for this. Should this just be merged with the image thread? Didn't think about that before I started this thread in Games. I still think this thread should probably remain in gaming because we'd still be discussing the game itself in between posting the endless amounts of hilarious fan art and image edits.
I'm really not sure why you made a separate thread for fanart. I get that you want to discuss the game and still post a lot of artwork, but having just one thread works fine for that. I mean, every gaming thread (or really any thread by fans about something) works like that.

RetardBus

Isn't it lunch time?
kiwifarms.net
I'm really not sure why you made a separate thread for fanart. I get that you want to discuss the game and still post a lot of artwork, but having just one thread works fine for that. I mean, every gaming thread (or really any thread by fans about something) works like that.
It was a hasty decision I made in the midst of laughing with ASoulMan on chat. If a mod is reading this, I think we should retain the title of the image thread with "Image thread" changed to "Image and discussion thread".