Fix Alex's Shit Designs - Yansim art thread

TheFinalBoss

The battle you've been waiting for..
kiwifarms.net
But that argument kinda leads to "It's just my artstyle!!" to justify bad anatomy, fetishes and same face syndrome, which are basically what I always try to fix on my edits. Kjech actually KNOWS how to draw good art with no sexualization or crappy ecchi vibes, and that's why the edits are so important imo. It shows that kjech could make the art truly good if Eva didn't ask him to make all the characters be hentai waifus or plain John Does all the time.
But it's literally an anime/japanese inspired game. Isn't that a big portion of why they're styled like that in the first place? What does redrawing a nose add to the 'design' unless that nose or other feature was skewed to begin with?

A bit of detail on the faces and most of the anatomy can be altered to avoid sameface syndrome and make corrections, but this is a 'fix designs' thread, therefore I think it should be primarily for fixing errors or suggesting a different design choice.

E

ES 148

kiwifarms.net
But that argument kinda leads to "It's just my artstyle!!" to justify bad anatomy, fetishes and same face syndrome, which are basically what I always try to fix on my edits. Kjech actually KNOWS how to draw good art with no sexualization or crappy ecchi vibes, and that's why the edits are so important imo. It shows that kjech could make the art truly good if Eva didn't ask him to make all the characters be hentai waifus or plain John Does all the time.
Yes. And I never stated that your edits were the ones I had problems with.

Cupcake9

kiwifarms.net
But it's literally an anime/japanese inspired game. Isn't that a big portion of why they're styled like that in the first place? What does redrawing a nose add to the 'design' unless that nose or other feature was skewed to begin with?

A bit of detail on the faces and most of the anatomy can be altered to avoid sameface syndrome and make corrections, but this is a 'fix designs' thread, therefore I think it should be primarily for fixing errors or suggesting a different design choice.
There seems to have this misconception that anime=cute sameface, when in reality anime is made of many and many diferent styles and trends that can change just like cartoon art. Eva is one of the people who thinks that all anime are made of moeblob waifus and the same face and body for everyone in a colored background. I mean, many times he turned down Druelbozo's offerings to model a new base mesh for YanSim because he didn't consider it "anime enough".

Long story short, he makes his characters like SAO ones while ignoring the existence of animes/mangas like Ergo Proxy, Berserk and even Mob Psycho 100.

TheFinalBoss

kiwifarms.net
There seems to have this misconception that anime=cute sameface, when in reality anime is made of many and many diferent styles and trends that can change just like cartoon art. Eva is one of the people who thinks that all anime are made of moeblob waifus and the same face and body for everyone in a colored background. I mean, many times he turned down Druelbozo's offerings to model a new base mesh for YanSim because he didn't consider it "anime enough".

Long story short, he makes his characters like SAO ones while ignoring the existence of animes/mangas like Ergo Proxy, Berserk and even Mob Psycho 100.
I already said I agreed that faces could be altered a little to avoid blatant cute sameface. But we're not here to nitpick at an artist's choice of animuu styling, we're here to pick at the character designs which are hilariously skewed and look like they belong in a hentai.

If you want to redraw everything in a Mob Psycho or Beserk style or something else, have fun with that, but you're not 'correcting' much of anything other than a personal preference away from moeblobs lol

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
Well, since this thread is about redesigns, I might as well post my favourite edits here ;)
View attachment 238859
View attachment 238860 View attachment 238861 View attachment 238862
The delinquent's legs have always bugged me. They don't match the rest of her pose. Yours works way better. I think the gardening club girls would look better with small hairpins or smaller flowers instead of huge comical flowers. If you're gonna do that at least give them fairy wings and wands to match the absurdity.

• Agree
Reactions: Vocaloid Ruby

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
I feel like that retard with the "athletic woman" pic doesn't know the difference between athletic looking and actual athletes. Boobs would get in the way of an athlete while they're competing so it makes sense not to have them. Also the design for the athlete is like between a butch-looking woman and just normal Alex fetish stuff. If she had a different hair cut then maybe the boobs would look better on her but with the hair cut she has now it just makes sense to get rid of them, at least design-wise.

TheFinalBoss

kiwifarms.net
Holy fucknuggets. I never knew 4Chan had such a hate boner for this place. Can't they just leave these editors alone
Nothing on the internet is sacred.
/ic/ in particular is very critical, but we can't always be kissing each other's asses either. This whole website is for poking fun of people, and I honestly think the thread is hilarious. Good find.

I get it that 'supposedly' Taro is ironically meant to be among the most memorable of the yansim cast. but this Kirito lookalike needs a desperate makeover to make his design suit his 'character'. Ironic that I choose to try and redeem myself after messing up the first time.View attachment 242353
"Thank you for the critique, I admit that the male was definitely not my best edit and I hope to improve this one."
4chan is a fun place isn't it?

Last edited:

charmaide

kiwifarms.net
While some of the criticisms on /ic/ are rational, there's some exceptional weeb-tastic anons there for sure. Honey, you haven't seen tumblr nose, have you?

Then again, the kiwis here are trying to make the designs not-so overtly sexualized and appeal to reality rather than anime weeb shit, since Alex can't choose between going full anime tropes and cliches and going toward reality. But hey, everyone has their own tastes and /ic/ is no exception.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Junkail

kiwifarms.net
Redesigned Ayano:

IMG_20180404_234530.jpg

As opposed to the Ayano we know as a generic-looking schoolgirl, this one has minor details that make her seem more like an iconic character. I like to think of her as someone that tries to act normal, but still seems a little off. Most people simply pass her off as a little strange, but others are sharp enough to notice her darker nature.

Last edited:

Junkail

kiwifarms.net
I redesigned Senpai too:
IMG_20180407_220403.jpg
Senpai is an amazing guy. He defends the helpless with his ridiculously long and pointy chin. His farts can kill a whole termite colony, and whenever he has to take a big dump, the toilet explodes. Fortunately, Akademi high is wealthy enough to replace all the destroyed toilets over the years. However, they no longer serve any bean-based foods for this reason. In order to pay for his tuition (and the damages), he works as a pest exterminator on the school grounds. Every day, he goes and moons the roses and sakura trees to give them a good, long fart. All the plants are genetically engineered to withstand his farts. All humans are protected by his military-grade underwear, which contains the smells from spreading throughout the school.

Senpai met Ayano when she was being pestered by a creepy programmer to become his waifu. Senpai, seeing the damsel-in-distress, strips off his underwear in public and tosses them at the guy's face, effectively knocking him out with all the sealed gases. After that day, Ayano has been longing for Senpai ever since.

Okay, fine. Here is the real redesign...

A kind and strong young man who will go above and beyond for anyone in need. With his charisma and friendliness, he has won the hearts of many people, including Ayano.

Attachments

Last edited:
M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
Forgive the shitty background, I was in a rush to get this one done.

Anyways, one of my biggest pet peeves with Ayano’s design is that Alex doesn’t give us any impression of her being innocent and sweet on the outside- which misses the point of the Yandere trope entirely. Yes they often kill for the ones they love, but they’re usually appear to be very sweet on first impression (think: Kotonoha Katsura from School Days).

So I decided to go with giving Ayano a simple design that would suggest most people see her as being innocent.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Junkail