• "Im sure you would be comfortable with Sodomy if you gave it a try"

Fix Alex's Shit DesignsYansim art thread

Discussion in 'Art & Literature' started by Ido, Jun 22, 2017.

1. But it's literally an anime/japanese inspired game. Isn't that a big portion of why they're styled like that in the first place? What does redrawing a nose add to the 'design' unless that nose or other feature was skewed to begin with?

A bit of detail on the faces and most of the anatomy can be altered to avoid sameface syndrome and make corrections, but this is a 'fix designs' thread, therefore I think it should be primarily for fixing errors or suggesting a different design choice.

• Agree Agree x 9
    TheFinalBoss

TheFinalBoss As unimpressive as you worried I'd be

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yes. And I never stated that your edits were the ones I had problems with.

Vrakks

Vrakks Sweet Christmas! Big-mouthed floating thingies!

kiwifarms.net
  3. There seems to have this misconception that anime=cute sameface, when in reality anime is made of many and many diferent styles and trends that can change just like cartoon art. Eva is one of the people who thinks that all anime are made of moeblob waifus and the same face and body for everyone in a colored background. I mean, many times he turned down Druelbozo's offerings to model a new base mesh for YanSim because he didn't consider it "anime enough".

Long story short, he makes his characters like SAO ones while ignoring the existence of animes/mangas like Ergo Proxy, Berserk and even Mob Psycho 100.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I already said I agreed that faces could be altered a little to avoid blatant cute sameface. But we're not here to nitpick at an artist's choice of animuu styling, we're here to pick at the character designs which are hilariously skewed and look like they belong in a hentai.

If you want to redraw everything in a Mob Psycho or Beserk style or something else, have fun with that, but you're not 'correcting' much of anything other than a personal preference away from moeblobs lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    TheFinalBoss

kiwifarms.net
  5. The delinquent's legs have always bugged me. They don't match the rest of her pose. Yours works way better. I think the gardening club girls would look better with small hairpins or smaller flowers instead of huge comical flowers. If you're gonna do that at least give them fairy wings and wands to match the absurdity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Dysnomia

Dysnomia Good friends and a bottle of kawaii

kiwifarms.net
  6. Perhaps an edit can be made where students are in high school uniforms rather than middle school ones?

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #47 FisterSister, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:44 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 4:49 PM
    FisterSister

FisterSister Once fisted a horse.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 4
    UnderwaterUnderworld

UnderwaterUnderworld Sometimes you have to drown before you die

kiwifarms.net
  7. I feel like that exceptional individual with the "athletic woman" pic doesn't know the difference between athletic looking and actual athletes. Boobs would get in the way of an athlete while they're competing so it makes sense not to have them. Also the design for the athlete is like between a butch-looking woman and just normal Alex fetish stuff. If she had a different hair cut then maybe the boobs would look better on her but with the hair cut she has now it just makes sense to get rid of them, at least design-wise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Buer

Buer The God of Tits and Wine

kiwifarms.net
  8. Nothing on the internet is sacred.
    /ic/ in particular is very critical, but we can't always be kissing each other's asses either. This whole website is for poking fun of people, and I honestly think the thread is hilarious. Good find.

"Thank you for the critique, I admit that the male was definitely not my best edit and I hope to improve this one."
    4chan is a fun place isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    #50 TheFinalBoss, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM
    TheFinalBoss

kiwifarms.net
  9. /ic/ is right.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Organic Fapcup

Organic Fapcup The Father in the Cave

kiwifarms.net
  10. While some of the criticisms on /ic/ are rational, there's some exceptional weeb-tastic anons there for sure. Honey, you haven't seen tumblr nose, have you?

Then again, the kiwis here are trying to make the designs not-so overtly sexualized and appeal to reality rather than anime weeb shit, since Alex can't choose between going full anime tropes and cliches and going toward reality. But hey, everyone has their own tastes and /ic/ is no exception.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Kewl, but why is this anon pretending to be me? I didn't post these.

batata.png

• Feels Feels x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
    Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
    No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
    No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Kiwi Farms.

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.