Fix Alex's Shit Designs - Yansim art thread

M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
neat thread. Hope I'll be able to access to my graphic tablet soon so I can join in too :heart-full:

Eva's gonna go cray cray seeing all his "waifu"s have their chest deflated and no more skimpy clothing(:_(
Alex will probably make a call out video against all of this to claim that we are unable to understand the reasons for his designs.

I forgot to mention that I lengthed the skirt on Ayano’s uniform to be slightly above the knees because most sailor styled uniforms have that skirt length over there- for modest reasons.

Anasui

I'll Diver Down your ass, believe me.
kiwifarms.net
Alex will probably make a call out video against all of this to claim that we are unable to understand the reasons for his designs.
eh, inb4 a long ass essay from him justifying why his waifus need to have always-on-high faces and big busty boobies and thicc hips coming on :popcorn: normally I would care less about anatomy and stuff, but this is really over the top on those watermelon boobies that they make me sick:suffering:

I forgot to mention that I lengthed the skirt on Ayano’s uniform to be slightly above the knees because most sailor styled uniforms have that skirt length over there- for modest reasons.
Or just, any school in real life. But we all know Eva just can't make up his mind whether he wants his "game" realistic or animu.

Oh and a little nitpicking on the art you posted, maybe you could make Ayano be much bigger and focused so that she is more of the main point of focus. Or making the splots be a little smaller. For now we (or at least, I) will most possibly focus on the blood at the side first because of how striking and huge they are. Else its neat :like:

GoomsThrowawayAccount

Pathetic.
kiwifarms.net
Well, since this thread is about redesigns, I might as well post my favourite edits here ;)
View attachment 238859
View attachment 238860 View attachment 238861 View attachment 238862
A lot of this post is just "Let's change the style and call it a day!"
You have valid criticisms but a lot of it is silly.

Angry Sports Girl:
I appreciate the subtle pose adjustment and also thougt giving her scars is a little silly, but it also helped her stand out I guess. Ironically your iteration is even more boring than the original as a result.

Flower Girl:
Your face is a lot better, but the pose change here is for the worse. The knees may be broken, but they look more dynamic while your entire lower body is a static catastrophe. I'm pretty sure you even copypasted the leg, you lazybum.

Music Lass:
This one is straight up redesigned due to personal preference (although I do like your iteration of her too)

Science Dude:
You made him and old man. Congrats. The real problem with this guy isn't his design, it's his pose. What kjech tried to do was this really eccentric and dynamic crazy scientist pose, but due to his clothes falling straight down (and the pose itself not being exaggerated enough) it looks like he's half-heartedly posing for a photo or something. It's very static. This is generally a problem with the art in YandereSim.

EDIT:
Also kjechs "Atrocious Art" isn't attrocious because hes bad. When he's not drawing for Yandere Simulator, a game that he likely lost all passion for at this point, he's actually quite capable. You can check his profile on deviantart and find out for yourself.

Last edited:

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Hello fellow members. I posted this a few weeks/month ago but I feel it's more worth existing here than in Alex' thread. Is Mulberry still part of Captain Boobs and his YanSim crew? Because one of the very few things I can't tolerate in a game is bad art.

And most of Berries drawings are horribly horrible. The YanSim's artist should invest some time in practicing, instead of tracing.
Most of her female faces look like it's a guy or the proportions are far of.

You can tell, my edit is the one which doesn't look like a blobfish and uses an eye which fits the rest.
Link if it doesn't load: https://i.imgur.com/oSqCGBg.gif

I do hope this thread is the right place, if not then spank me like I deserve. When I'm back home I'll want to look at this magic girl drawing again. Because the face is so horrible that the creepy pasta version is actually an improvement.

(I do realize how the fix above is not part of YanSim but more a fix of the Mulberry-style so I still made a point. However, next post will be more YanSim related).

Last edited:

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
And here is more YanSim relation. Wasting my evening with fixing art. As long as I get some joy out of it, I guess?

So, I'm baffled I've never seen the splash screen of Magical Girl Pls Kill Me Right Now, so if you also missed it:
upload_2018-9-10_18-51-59.png
Honestly, at first glance this is absolutely gorgeous. I like the coloring, I like the lines, I like the details, even some mistakes don't catch my eye at first. Good colors can turn bad art 180°. Here I just have 2 problems.

First, what is she doing with her left arm, why is it hidden behind a bunch of hair?
Second, the other arm has T-Rex syndrome. The curved helping lines for perspective should demonstrate how it should look like. I take a guess, artist wanted to have the rod still in the picture and shortened the arm. Also the hand is way too small and the gloss-over-hair at the bottom is a cheap trick. I don't really know how the hand would look like with the new arm angles, so I just estimated and probably broke her hand.

upload_2018-9-10_19-0-54.png

However, the fixed angles could somewhat look like this.
upload_2018-9-10_19-1-49.png

For my next trick, please look at the spoiler and nothing but the spoiler (:powerlevel: sorry, I'm drunk).
Everything that follows will be kept as near to the intended style as possible because it's not my mission to change peoples styles. People should embrace and perfect their style so it will be something own, something unique. I also think there are a lot of good colors and details, honestly I'm too lazy to draw something like that. Yes, I'm a great artist!

upload_2018-9-10_19-6-49.png

Perspective isn't the artist's strength, I assume. Or faces. A face is the very first thing that catches the viewer's eyes, and it's hard for me to look at that monstrosity. The intended style seems to be something that goes very much in Sailor Moon's direction. She also seems to have this horrible ASCII-nose. Goes something like this? {
upload_2018-9-10_19-14-16.png

You can draw a nose like that but then put on some shadows, at least.
Well then, fix what meets the eyes, mistakes in disguise.

upload_2018-9-10_19-49-38.png

I haven't changed much. I'm sure the pose of her is impossible but there is text in front of some crucial parts, so I will just ignore it for now. I also ignore the lighting on the front hair, I personally hate this style, it looks like from a rookie. Aside from minor details in shadows, I fixed:
  • Perspective of rod was wrong. She holds the upper part in the background, it was drawn in the foreground.
  • Changed the nose to a shadow instead of a line. Lines implicate there is an hard edge. Should still look fitting to the style.
  • Bigger eyelashes because IT'S A GIRL. MAKE HER GIRLY.
  • Mei's cryo-gun can now freeze multiple enemies
  • Decreased the width of her mouth. Because SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A CUTE GIRL. Also changed how much teeth you can see and made her tongue smaller (personal preferences, looks better)
  • Because this time the costume is skinny, I emphasized the breasts a bit. F U all, boobs are awesome and sex sells.
  • Changed the form of her neck just a little bit because this is a human and not a robot
  • Changed the direction of her collarbones a little.

Oh no, and now the right artwork of the minigame. Why am I doing this?
upload_2018-9-10_20-8-13.png

I do hope I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to even start to fix this face and just the face. The upper skull is way too small, the chin too wide, they eyes are colorful but empty of emotions, the form of her mouth is awful, we can see way too much details in her mouth, her neck is completely wrong and the neckband makes it even worse, and so on. And why use grey outlines in such a colorful picture? This should be a felony! Just let me do the fix without drawing it from scratch. You know the problem? Pepperidge Farm knows. The artist tries to draw perspective but draws like bodyparts are shown from the front. And she looks like a man with tits.

upload_2018-9-10_21-23-54.png

If you want to see a colorful critique of the pose, @C@rrotCake made a very good one (even so I don't like the drawn face, it's creepy).

So what in the name of Bob Ross was I even doing here? I dunno! Release me from the pain! Still not perfect, but I can only fix so much until it looks like how I draw faces.
  • Because we look more like from the top (and not like from the bottom like it was drawn before), we can see a lot of upper skull, way less of the chin.
  • Changed nose and mouth the very same way. Also her upper lip was way too much curved to the top. Also increased the size of her eyelashes again
  • Improved the facial expression with the following methods: Put some lines below the eye and gave it a "happy curve". Formed the wrinkles above the eye like the eye is actually formed. Changed the size of her eyebrows because she is no Ork.
  • Kinda changed/fixed the hair but this was automatically done as I increased the size of her skull, also added an additional layer of shadow (which this picture needs in general, tbh)
  • Increased the blush by 50% to optimize the power output
  • Now her neck does the work of a neck
  • Her arm wasn't properly attached to the body
  • The same arm was borrowed from a T-Rex and made no sense at all. I know the artist tried perspective, but perspective doesn't bend space itself
  • Tried to form her breasts more like it was on the picture before, they looked more like "compressed" to the centre. Not exactly the way I wanted, but good enough.

Attachments

C@rrotCake

kiwifarms.net
Hello fellow members. I posted this a few weeks/month ago but I feel it's more worth existing here than in Alex' thread. Is Mulberry still part of Captain Boobs and his YanSim crew? Because one of the very few things I can't tolerate in a game is bad art.

And most of Berries drawings are horribly horrible. The YanSim's artist should invest some time in practicing, instead of tracing.
Most of her female faces look like it's a guy or the proportions are far of.

You can tell, my edit is the one which doesn't look like a blobfish and uses an eye which fits the rest.
Link if it doesn't load: https://i.imgur.com/oSqCGBg.gif

I do hope this thread is the right place, if not then spank me like I deserve. When I'm back home I'll want to look at this magic girl drawing again. Because the face is so horrible that the creepy pasta version is actually an improvement.

(I do realize how the fix above is not part of YanSim but more a fix of the Mulberry-style so I still made a point. However, next post will be more YanSim related).
Thank you the way Mulberry draws faces has always drove me insane but I could never quite figure out what'd I'd say or do to fix it without just redrawing the entire head.

the comparison is actually jarring

Its like before and after plastic surgery

Eraserhead

Twitch Thot Police's Number One Suspect
kiwifarms.net
muja.png

Here's my redesign of the nurse rival (Muja)
I personally hate that dress that she's wearing in the original design. It's way too short and low-cutting for a innocent character but we have made it known that Yanderedev doesn't care about the designs of his """""original""""" characters he only gives a shit when he can get his rocks off to balloon tiddies but that's beside the point lets get to why I designed the character this way.

I gave her a normal hospital type uniform and kept the colors (I don't like dresses for nurses) and a little button to show that she's caring (since some charities give out buttons if you donate) and a bandage to show she's clumsy? It's better than nothing.

I changed her hair and gave her a shy look.

I feel like she would be a student in one of the top medical schools in Japan (to explain why one of the greatest academies in Japan would hire a air-headed clutz) and she is shadowing a nurse at the high school. She's naturally brunette, she can keep the pink in her hair since she's not an official staff.

I think one of the main reasons why Yanderedev's designs suck so bad is because that characters don't have any personality to their designs. You could mix and match all of the character's "personalities" and they would feel exactly the same. I'm not a professional character designer or anything but I can tell you that just because you watch anime doesn't mean you can make anime.

Hoss

Freelance Programmer (Unemployed)
kiwifarms.net

Lexi62

kiwifarms.net
Took me a bit. I don't normally draw in an "anime" art style so some of the eyes and such look weird on the characters. But I sat down and sketched out some designs. I'm happy with most of them outside of a few drawing errors I've made which I'll fix once I've done them all digitally and colored them. But I've changed every rivals design and even redesigned Taro and Ayano.

Attachments

• Winner
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Lime Rogue

Zesty Villain
kiwifarms.net
Necroing this thread in an effort to re-locate the art sperging of Yandere Simulator (And Yandere Simulator by-products) here.

Here I'm taking the designs for Love Letter protagonist Bow-chan and her respective genderswap, mostly ignoring the flaws of the art styles to focus on suggestions to make them feel rounded(?). I didn't have time to make a drawing, but I'm planning to when I'm done with today's IRL bullshit. Now that I look at the images, they feel kinda autistic, but I don't really care enough to fix them lol I had fun.

notes.png

notes1.png

I'm tagging @Ramen Timer , @lewdwig van beethoven and @Aaa0aaa0 (couldn't tag chlorine) because you people showed interest in posting here as well.

Ramen Timer

Which do you like better; ramen, or me?
kiwifarms.net
Necroing this thread in an effort to re-locate the art sperging of Yandere Simulator (And Yandere Simulator by-products) here.

Here I'm taking the designs for Love Letter protagonist Bow-chan and her respective genderswap, mostly ignoring the flaws of the art styles to focus on suggestions to make them feel rounded(?). I didn't have time to make a drawing, but I'm planning to when I'm done with today's IRL bullshit. Now that I look at the images, they feel kinda autistic, but I don't really care enough to fix them lol I had fun.

I'm tagging @Ramen Timer , @lewdwig van beethoven and @Aaa0aaa0 (couldn't tag chlorine) because you people showed interest in posting here as well.
Some of these sound like very minor nitpicks. The yellow color in the ribbon isn't really that bad, just make her eyes yellow to fit as well if you really wanted it to match.

Lime Rogue

Zesty Villain
kiwifarms.net
Some of these sound like very minor nitpicks. The yellow color in the ribbon isn't really that bad, just make her eyes yellow to fit as well if you really wanted it to match.
Yeah, I don't really think the designs are shit or anything, I just wanted to make them feel tighter, like they were designed with at the same time and with a clear theme in mind. It's hard to make this kind of thing seem less nitpicky without a drawing in hand to prove your ideas, but then again, it is a "fix it" thread. The premise itself is very autistic.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid