Science Flat-Earther to blast off in homemade, steam-powered rocket -

saisegeha

motel money buffet madness
kiwifarms.net
This is why I love the Flat Earthers. They don’t care what anyone else tells them, they need to see it themselves.
They want to find the truth so bad, they will start their own space program to get the answers they need.
I respect that a lot more than I do the people who sperg out over the notion that someone else thinks the Earth is flat.
Same. Their point of view may seem incompetent to us, but they've got an incredible willpower to prove all of us wrong and that's what keeps them going. You can only respect that.

Let's hope his rocket doesn't explode, since that happened to so many individuals who either decided to fly in their own rocket (RIP) or send it off for a longer duration of time.

This is why I love the Flat Earthers. They don’t care what anyone else tells them, they need to see it themselves.
They want to find the truth so bad, they will start their own space program to get the answers they need.
I respect that a lot more than I do the people who sperg out over the notion that someone else thinks the Earth is flat.
yes, there are reasons media likes to talk about flat earthers instead of astrology or whatever. but these people aren't rational skeptics and this guy isn't running an experiment. this is a faith-based publicity stunt.
"I don't believe in science … There's no difference between science and science fiction."
the moment anyone runs a real experiment is the moment they're exiled from the community.

Safir

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It amazes me that flat earthers have the mental capacity to put something like this together
I know the guy who invented the concrete for the Chernobyl sarcophagus. He was going to buy a magical device to test food for poisons, GMOs, polonium and alien tard cum, and asked my opinion.
Me: "Dude wtf it's trash."
Him: "But it says it's certified right here! It must be true! They wouldn't lie, would they?"
Me: "Dude, google the cert type ID, it's electrical safety certification, it says this thing won't zap you, which it won't because it's 12 V. And holy shit you can't do mass spectrometry with 12 V, dude are you for reals."
Him: "Very informative, thank you." *buys it anyway*

And that's a mild example, lots of physicists are absolute fucking nutters who don't wear tinfoil hats because they know tin isn't conductive and thick enough to protect from alien mind rays, it should be either copper foil or a tin bucket. Hard sciences are as full of nutters as Beyonce Studies. In my experience (I'm a particle physicist, and man the field is absolutely crawling with Orthodox born-agains) the only reasonably "hard" kook-resistant field is molecular biology: it touches so many disciplines that it doesn't allow for knowledge gaps for kookery to hide in. Otherwise, you've got to go outside and talk to people. If the field allows success without going outside and talking to people, it will accumulate kooks.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
"I don't believe in science … There's no difference between science and science fiction."
"Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he told AP back in 2018. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."
Fuck does he think he's flying to space with? Magic dust and unicorns?

Cedric_Eff

I’m the Lord of the Harvest!
kiwifarms.net
I’m supprised he hasn’t built a rocket like the Little Joe or even the Redstone rocket. That dinky Rocket isn’t going to get him anywhere.

Abortions4All

Can't complain (but sometimes I still do)
kiwifarms.net
1500m? Is there a reason basic aviation is all a lie or something and commercial aircraft aren't good enough? Forgive me if this is answered by this man, I can't bring myself to read the ravings of the flat-earthers.

• Agree
Reactions: thx1138 and moocow

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
you can get a weather balloon, affix a phone with gps tracking and set the camera to autoshoot and release it into the near atmosphere to get photos of the curvature of the earth.
As long as you put the phone in some kind of protective case, it'll be fine when it returns to earth.
We did this in high school as part of club project.
But MacGyvering a steampunk rocket and blasting yourself into the air is the less soy-based option

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
you can get a weather balloon, affix a phone with gps tracking and set the camera to autoshoot and release it into the near atmosphere to get photos of the curvature of the earth.
As long as you put the phone in some kind of protective case, it'll be fine when it returns to earth.
We did this in high school as part of club project.
All you have to do is look at aircraft flight paths on long enough flights. On a flat map the flight paths are arcs because that's the shortest distance. A straight line would, on a flight from, say, Charlotte, NC, to Minneapolis, MN, would pass south of Chicago by a good distance, yet the flight crosses Lake Michigan almost halfway up the lake. Cheap ass airlines aren't going to waste fuel just to uphold some conspiracy that the earth is an oblate spheroid.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Agree 100%. That's the basis for any scientific method and thinking: verify yourself.

xxXDxx

just magic, ain't gotta explain shit
kiwifarms.net
tbh when their experiments inevitably confirm the earth is indeed round (like when they spent $30k on laser gyroscopes to measure the precession of the earth) they tend to just ignore those results or make up an excuse

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino