Food you can get easy in your country and nowhere else - Gastric nationalism thread

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Also anything lingonberry flavored that's not that sauce next to those meatballs at Ikea. Apparently they don't transport well so I saw them all the time in Europe but rarely see them here.
All the major chain grocery stores around here (middle US) now sell lingonberry jam as well as a lingonberry-flavored yogurt. The Ikea stuff is way better, though.

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the perfect thread to say that I just hate how non Caribbean people pronounce “conch” with the “ch” sound. It’s simply pronounced “Conk”

It’s just as worse as hearing “Cay” phonetically. It’s pronounced like “Key”

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Canada, anybody else got nanaimo bars?
View attachment 1325380
some sorta coconut infused chocolate granola shit on the bottom, custard in the middle, chocolate top. Feel the beetus.
Nanaimo bars are the best, I love them and will fight to the death to see that they are continued. Normally I wouldn't give my life for our corrupt government, but if a foreign power invaded to take our nanaimo bars I would fight to death

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
In America we don't have Lucozade but we have Gatorade which is kind of like Lucozade Sport. As for Jaffa cakes we have a cookie called Pims which come in an orange flavor. You can find them at most grocery stores. (The raspberry flavor is good too)
View attachment 1401408
You *can* find real, name-brand McVities Jaffa cakes, too. Meijer's usually has them in their import food section, or at least they did when I lived in a Meijer region.

unsure on how to proceed

Fake and gay
kiwifarms.net
it's ground beef, but it has other fillings like cheese, and it's fried, not baked.
Yeah! It totally looks like an empanada. It's a little different, usually we have a filling of ground beef with onion, spices, hard boiled egg and olives called "pino" and it's mostly baked. The one that's usually fried is the cheese empanada, but some people fry everything to make them a little faster, like street vendors.

• Informative
Reactions: AutisticLoli
Tags
None