Food you can get easy in your country and nowhere else - Gastric nationalism thread

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
  • Shreddies
  • Chips and gravy (french fries are chips, American chips are "potato chips")
  • Oxo
  • Rogers golden syrup
  • Pickled onions (the ones in malt vinegar)
  • Malt vinegar, for that matter -- only available in teeny bottles.
  • Donair
  • Yuccaflux
  • Bloody Caesar (like a Bloody Mary, but with Clamato instead of tomato juice, garnished with a celery stick)
  • Cantonese restaurants
Used to be really hard to find salt and vinegar chips here, but recently these are in good supply.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1539047

I've never been able to find ketchup flavoured chips outside of Canada.
Probably Herr's. That's the only brand I can think of that sells ketchup chips in the U.S.
State side there is a chip brand called Uncle Ray's they have ketchup flavor chips,
Malt vinegar, for that matter -- only available in teeny bottles.
US has malt vinegar, I can find it easily in my area.

Well stuff I can't find outside of a place a few hours away:
Weisswurst, Jagerwurst, Knockwurst, any wurst really outside of bratwurst.

Chewy Suarez

Kids eat free on Mondays!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1539047

I've never been able to find ketchup flavoured chips outside of Canada.
Two years ago they used to sell them at my local grocery store in the States during the summer (they were probably able to get them because we live close to Canada). They were delicious.

Haven’t seen anyone talk about Polish food but zapiekanka is the bomb.
1E81C745-6B07-474A-94F9-09F18C5243E1.jpeg

Melted cheese, onion and mushroom (with other toppings) with ketchup on top. Granted it’s not too to find where I live because of the amount of Poles who live in the area but I’d imagine it’s harder to find compared to pierogi or pączki. It’s a shame, it’s a really good street food and sounds like it’d be amazing while shitfaced.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
There's a global macaroni and cheese shortage.

They had to put restrictions and purchase limits on them. I dunno how it is in Europe but the US and Canada are having a hard time keeping the type with the cheese sauce in pouches stocked.

You can buy the powdered shit like the default Kraft Dinner, but that stuff is greatly inferior to the cheese pouch versions.

Exigent Circumcisions

A dog's rights activist; a lover; a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Canada, anybody else got nanaimo bars?
View attachment 1325380
some sorta coconut infused chocolate granola shit on the bottom, custard in the middle, chocolate top. Feel the beetus.
Just like their namesake, Nanaimo, these are a disgusting abomination best avoided.

Something that grows wild in Alberta and the other prairie provinces are Saskatoon berries.
Sasktoon-Berries-1.jpg

Similar to a blueberry but with their own subtle flavour. Very hard to find them in the store, although sometimes Saskatoon jams and jellies are available. One of the few things that make me miss the prairies.

Last edited:
Tags
None