Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
Literally General Mills' only chip brand, originally to compete with Fritos and failed.

It's sold by Lays in a few countries where popular, so it's like the only reason it's still sold in the U.S. is over competition law bullshit, as if a monopoly on burnt hair snacks is a profitable business.

Last edited:

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Literally General Mills' only chip brand, originally to compete with Fritos and failed.

It's sold by Lays in a few countries where popular, so it's like the only reason it's still sold in the U.S. is over competition law bullshit, as if a monopoly on burnt hair snacks is a profitable business.
My husband really likes Bugles. I don’t think he ever gets the original flavor though. I was always put off by them as a kid but I tried some as an adult when he bought them and they’re not bad at all. Too greasy for my tastes and probably not something I’d ever buy just for me, but they aren’t disgusting.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

You are forgetting one critical advantage Bugles have over other chips

Witch Fingers

booklover

kiwifarms.net
McDonald's Filet-o-Fish. Who the fuck wants fried fish from McDonald's?
That's the only McDonald's sandwich I'll eat. I don't like ketchup, and ordering this guarantees that I won't get any, and I just plain old like it occasionally.

My favorite Bugles memory: One of my friends told me about how, after having her first child, her hands were occupied with the breast pump, and a visiting friend sat there and fed her Bugles. Her daughter is 24 now. :lol:

I saw dragonfruit the last time I went grocery shopping at Kroger. I'd really love to try it but they were fucking $6 each. I'm just assuming they're going to sit and rot for that price.
I've had dragonfruit. It's OK; the part you eat is easy to remove from the thick pink peel and is white, pithy, and has lots of seeds, and not much flavor. It does look nice in a fruit salad.

Has anyone here ever heard of casu marzu, which is a cheese made primarily of maggot poop? One wonders just how hungry somebody must have been, to find this moldy cheese with insects crawling around in it, and say, "Hey, I think I'll eat this!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Seaweed chips, it only exists in my city because of me

oh fuck and Vienna sausages, me and my grandma love those but everyone else I've talked to about them hates them
View attachment 1109459
Me and one other guy in town are the only reason Kroger and Wal-Mart stock the more out there spicy noodle noodle bowls.

By out there, I mean anything that is more exotic than spicy chicken ramen bricks. Sometimes resort to hoping for the best and just ordering my spicy junk food online. Usually turns out okay.

That maggot cheese is actually illegal in a lot of places. Gee, I wonder why the cheese with maggots jumping around could be illegal. Who doesn't want to risk getting maggots near their eyes and nose?

Last edited:

brutal poodle

kiwifarms.net
Vienna sausages are okay. Sometimes they’re amazing when they’re the final snack in your cupboard and you’re starving.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
Candied Bacon. Maybe I'm an uncultured asshole and I'm missing out on something great, but that just seems weird. The store I go to started stocking them a few months ago and it always looks full.

The Empirical Bogey

The thing that's giving you spooks
kiwifarms.net
Picked hardboiled eggs. I once saw them being sold alongside pickled sausages, in huge glass jars. I think it's a traditional German food, but like... Why?

NimertiS

Chaotic Neutral
kiwifarms.net
Mountain Dew. I'm in Greece and it's always on sale, like wtf?

Zwan (similar to spam) is nice when it's fried. I prefer fresh veggies and fruits.Only kidney beans,sweet corn and tuna in can for me.

Also, I don't get who buys frozen crepes or pancakes. Just make them from scratch you lazy piece of shit.

Capers.
Not only do I not have a clue what they are used for, but I actually have a jar in my cupboard that I have no memory of buying.
In salads. You can put it in salads. I even eat caper's leaves.

Last edited:

Ow The Edge

Darko of the Dark
kiwifarms.net
These individually packaged cheeseburgers and chicken sandwiches you can find in Dollar stores. Who buys those? Better question, who buys those and thinks they're tasty enough to continue buying them? I'm a cheeseburger fiend and I'd pass on those.

View attachment 1115465
I can answer that for you. Poor Dollar Store employees buy them for pennies to eat on their pitiful excuse for a lunch break. I know, I was one once.

Tags
None