Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

Mr. Skeltal

Calcium fortified at your own risk
kiwifarms.net
I have never seen anyone buy anything out of those self-serve salad bars by the deli in supermarkets. Personally I wouldn't want to buy food that's been sitting out for God knows how long in a public space.

It's not really food related but in the age of vaping pens, e cigs and the real cost ads being everywhere, does anyone even buy packs/cartons of regular cigarettes anymore? I see them stacked up behind the counters of most stores with a whole carton of Marlboros going for like 90 bucks.
I'm trying to reduce my nicotine reliance so I smoke less these days, but I prefer cigarettes over vaping. Vaping actually hurt my lungs worse than smoking cigs. I guess my lungs tolerate smoke more than a coating of propylene glycol.

Mind you that there is a legitimate difference in cigarette quality. American Spirits and Nat Sherman's are higher end brands that I could see someone buying a carton of; less additives (none in Spirits) and smoother taste. What I wouldn't understand is someone buying a carton of Parliments or Newports. Those taste like shit and are full of additives. On average people tend to buy their tobacco at the gas station or a dedicated smoke shops these days, I've never seen someone buy cigs at the grocery store.

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
Not in a grocery store but Baja Fresh. I fully believe that Baja Fresh must be a money laundering front because I've never seen more than 3 customers in a Baja Fresh at once.

drfuzzyballs

kiwifarms.net
Spray cheese, marshmallow fluff, spam But I know spam is popular in Hawaii since they're fond of ham

I've heard european stores will have an "american" section housing this stuff, to me that's as insensitive as selling dog meat next to the chinese food

Alex Krycek

All my friends are Skeletons
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spray cheese, marshmallow fluff, spam But I know spam is popular in Hawaii since they're fond of ham

I've heard european stores will have an "american" section housing this stuff, to me that's as insensitive as selling dog meat next to the chinese food
Fucking love the Hot and spicy Spam and I don’t live anywhere near the Pacific Coast but I do hang out with a lot of Asians who like Spam in general. Spray cheese is good on Cheese Steak if they don’t offer Provolone.

Another food I don’t know if anyone really buys... I’ve seen people eat Pigs Feet but I’ve actually seen jars of a pickled Pigs Lips and while o know Creole Cuisine in Louisiana makes use of that and I could see other parts of the Gulf Coast maybe getting that influence I don’t know who else would ever eat those.

• Semper Fidelis
Reactions: cumrobbery

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net

I like marshmallow fluff in hot chocolate. It melts and covers the top of the mug with a nice insulating cocoon of sugar.

ThoughtsAndPrayers

kiwifarms.net
20200228_210829.png
I know only one person that genuinely like this thing. I tried to eat with an rice cracker, the smell reminded me of misso soup paste that I love but tasted salty and not good at all.
Marmite is a sticky, dark brown food paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, that is extremely salty. This distinctive taste is represented in the marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it." Such is its prominence in British popular culture that the product's name is often used as a metaphor for something that is an acquired taste or tends to polarise opinions.[1][2] Marmite is a commonly used ingredient in dishes as a flavoring, as it is particularly rich in umami due to its very high levels of glutamate (1960 mg/100g)

Kornheiser

kiwifarms.net

Potted meat is extremely popular with Puerto Rican’s. Mexicans like fresh everything that I have noticed but the islanders love everything in cans.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
Rather sure this one pack of halal sugar free fake gummy bears has been on the shelves since the store opened
Anorexics and bulimics who hate themselves

I'm fond of spam and white as the freshly fallen snow. But I'm also addicted to sodium, so that's probably why.

Mr. Skeltal

Calcium fortified at your own risk
kiwifarms.net
That Smuckers that has the peanut butter and jelly together. I understand the concept, just seems like an expensive way to have no control over the peanut butter to jelly ratio.
It's useful for making quick PBJ's when you're tired or lazy. My folks used to get those jars on occasion when I was a kid.

I've seen both pickled polish sausage and eggs among other things at the supermarket and wonder what they could be used in. I like pickled eggs, but pickled sausage seems a bridge too far. I've also never seen anyone buy those items (I make my own pickled eggs).

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those frozen cans of Minute maid juice. I can't imagine anything less convenient tbh.
I don't drink juice, but I use that frozen OJ concentrate to make things like orange cake and use it when I make homemade cranberry orange sauce. It gives a great punch of orange flavor especially when using it with orange zest.

You can use it in marinades as the acid and is great for grilled chicken. OJ concentrate, a little honey, hot pepper flakes, olive oil, salt- delicious.

Tags
None