Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

The Monkey

I guess this is what we're doing with our pfps now
kiwifarms.net
Around 6 years ago my local grocery store added an oriental section that was imported Korean/Jananese/asian shit. It was mostly just overpriced bowls of microwaveable rice and crappy curry. However, one odd item crossed my eyes. This Grass Jelly drink.
jellygrass.jpg

I tried it once and it was surprisingly good. Very tea-y. I never felt compelled to buy it ever again, however.

Fast forward to January of this year. While at the store I go back to the Asian import food aisle only to discover that nothing there is left. I do a little digging and no fucking joke, like 6 cans of this jelly grass drink are still there, dust and all. And they all expired back in 2015. I wasn't sure what to do, but I took all the cans and just handed them to the lady in the counter. It's a strange feeling knowing that I was probably the only person at my store to try this stuff, and that I remembered it years later.

Jaded Optimist

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Around 6 years ago my local grocery store added an oriental section that was imported Korean/Jananese/asian shit. It was mostly just overpriced bowls of microwaveable rice and crappy curry. However, one odd item crossed my eyes. This Grass Jelly drink.
View attachment 1307199

I tried it once and it was surprisingly good. Very tea-y. I never felt compelled to buy it ever again, however.

Fast forward to January of this year. While at the store I go back to the Asian import food aisle only to discover that nothing there is left. I do a little digging and no fucking joke, like 6 cans of this jelly grass drink are still there, dust and all. And they all expired back in 2015. I wasn't sure what to do, but I took all the cans and just handed them to the lady in the counter. It's a strange feeling knowing that I was probably the only person at my store to try this stuff, and that I remembered it years later.
That stuff is a pretty decent hangover cure.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pre-separated egg whites are damned convenient if you do a lot of baking! It’s a godsend around Christmas, and especially useful for making things such as Swiss Meringue buttercream. If you use fresh egg whites you need to carefully heat them over a hot water bath in order to pasteurize them. Too hot and you’ll cook the egg whites, but if they’re not hot enough you risk giving everyone salmonella. The stuff that comes in a carton is already pasteurized, so it makes life a lot easier.

Plus it can sometimes be a pain in the ass figuring out what to do with leftover yolks. I love hollandaise sauce, but even I can only have so much of it...
No one can ever have enough custard or mayonnaise though.

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
Got one; Hunt's Snack Packs the pre-made pudding that doesn't need refrigeration (don't know how but it doesn't), the Jello pudding in the dairy section gets sold well enough but the snack packs? No sir.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Dialtone

Papa Adolfo's Take'n'Bake

It's screamin' good.
kiwifarms.net
Apparently, add red beets to the list as that too has confused the cashier today. Jfc people, eat SOMETHING that doesn't come out of a drive-thru every so often.

• Feels
Reactions: melty

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
Got one; Hunt's Snack Packs the pre-made pudding that doesn't need refrigeration (don't know how but it doesn't), the Jello pudding in the dairy section gets sold well enough but the snack packs? No sir.
My mom bought these for my dad recently. However, she put them in the fridge. Lukewarm pudding just sounds wrong to me. There was also Kozy Shacks in there so I'm confused why she bought the Snack Packs. I'd say it was all she could find but the Kozy Shacks say otherwise.

Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This brings back memories of Yoohoo, the chocolate drink that isn't actually chocolate milk and therefore doesn't need to be refrigerated. I was in a school dorm that did not have fridges (and we weren't allowed to have them), so we'd buy stuff like this.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
I really enjoy it.

Also who the fuck buys prepackaged salad? Like that shit is a gamble in every sense.
It was handy in a pinch when I delivered pizza, since it could be eaten right away and I could garauntee that it was cleaner than anything actually made in the store.

Ray

Shitlord Supreme
kiwifarms.net
Fruitcake???

i mean sure people buy them as it’s a Christmas tradition, but does anyone actually eat it???

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am not sure if this ws mentioned but for a long time I wondered who in the hell buys stuff like this?

View attachment 1381529

I mean it looks not very appetizing and I just can't imagine the taste
I actually bought this once at my local grocery store a couple years ago just to try it for the novelty of it. It was actually good for a store-bought frozen pizza/desert thing.

Smurfskii

Emperor Showa
kiwifarms.net
You can literally puree garlic in 10 seconds, whether it is with a knife, mortar & pestle or those garlic mashers, never understood the idea of garlic puree unless you are using it in very high volume like if you are a chef & making a batch of food, it'd be convenient to buy and use this stuff then.
1592355786227.png

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

stupidpieceofshit

Halloween in January is better.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can literally puree garlic in 10 seconds, whether it is with a knife, mortar & pestle or those garlic mashers, never understood the idea of garlic puree unless you are using it in very high volume like if you are a chef & making a batch of food, it'd be convenient to buy and use this stuff then.
View attachment 1381951
My assumption: "I don't want my hands smelling like garlic"

If they had something like that for Onions I might buy it, it doesn't matter what type of onions I buy (except for green) nor how many I cut, it still burns/stings my eyes way too much for me.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1381951
But if you do it yourself, you don't get the added flavor of Chinese prison labor!

I am not sure if this ws mentioned but for a long time I wondered who in the hell buys stuff like this?

View attachment 1381529

I mean it looks not very appetizing and I just can't imagine the taste
I've never seen this. It looks like a deathfat thing

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Smurfskii
Tags
None