Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Asian people. Hawaiians. Like not even kidding. The only people I've ever known who ate Spam were all Asian. And they ate a shitload of it.

They got in the whole spam thing because of WWII.

I loved to see real haggis in the US, but it is banned.

I'd like to try it at least. I hate when shit is banned.

In 1971 it became illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 – 15 percent of the traditional recipe.[25] The ban encompasses all lungs, as fluids such as stomach acid and phlegm may enter the lung during slaughter.[26] The situation was further complicated in 1989 when all UK beef and lamb was banned from importation to the US due to a BSE crisis.[25] In 2010 a spokeswoman for the US Department of Agriculture stated that they were reviewing the ban on beef and lamb products, but that the ban on food containing sheep lung would remain in force.[25]

As haggis cannot be exported to the United States, it is instead made there, sometimes by Scottish companies. One such uses what is stated to be the same 150 year-old recipe and ingredients as in Scotland, except that sheep lung is not used, and the casing is always artificial.[27]

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Meat spread. The thought of making a sammitch using meat with the consistency of peanut butter makes me want to gag.

That goes for instant mashed potatoes as well. Who would buy that chalky, disgusting garbage when you can buy real potatoes?

• Agree
Reactions: BOLDYSPICY!

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Meat spread. The thought of making a sammitch using meat with the consistency of peanut butter makes me want to gag.

That goes for instant mashed potatoes as well. Who would buy that chalky, disgusting garbage when you can buy real potatoes?
Instant taters are nice and quick, but yeah, they aren't as good. I buy potato flakes by the pound at the bulk food store and they are nice to have on hand as an ingredient into something else like you need to thicken a sauce or something. They make baking powder biscuits fluffier too. Don't mess with the shit that comes in a box though. Ripoff.

I'm always baffled by the old timey root vegetables in the produce section. Rutabagas, really?

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
I saw canned haggis a few years ago. Fucking why?

Those hot dog-in-a-jar things are pretty fucking gross too but I remember a video of the Slatons eating them so that explains that.

I've never seen anyone buy it but my local Asian market sells pigs' blood by the bucket. What the hell do people cook at home that requires this? I get the appeal of various offal/organs/strange animal parts to different ethnic groups but the pig blood confuses me.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, collard greens, arugula, pickled okra, boiled peanuts, any artificial sweetener, any caffeine-free, sugar-free cola, actually, any "diet" drinks or "diet" foods, period. What else....fried pork skins, the potted meat spread, goat milk...should I think of anything else will add it.

Not much of a fan of canned chicken noodle soup. Way back when, as a kid on a farm, had a neighbor who had several thousand chickens laying eggs. These chickens eventually stop laying eggs.

What do you think happens to these chickens? Do they just become free-range fowl, enjoying retirement? Guess again. A big truck comes with a bunch of fairly small crates. Sixteen chickens are shoved into each crate. Really nasty. You just shove them into the crate, period. Feathers flying, shit all over the place. When all the chickens are crated, the truck departs, taking the chickens to a processor for chicken noodle soup. maybe other related products.

I didn't eat canned chicken noodle soup for a very long time after that.

The Shadow

How about a bumper sandwich, Boogerlips?
kiwifarms.net
I don't know what people have against spam. It's cheap, it's easy to cook. It has its own key. And it fries up real nice for a good sandwich. You're just picky milquetoast eaters.
I've never seen anyone buy it but my local Asian market sells pigs' blood by the bucket. What the hell do people cook at home that requires this? I get the appeal of various offal/organs/strange animal parts to different ethnic groups but the pig blood confuses me.
Probably blood sausage. Which I've never heard of in Asian cuisine, but it's popular in Cajun and Creole circles.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
A lot of things in this thread can be answered with two groups:

Preppers and campers. And by "preppers" I don't just mean the really hard-core loony ones, I mean the ones who put food aside in case of power failures, hurricanes, blizzards, whatever. Canned meat is a far sight better than no meat, let me tell you. And while powdered milk is kinda ass to drink, it's better than eating water on your cereal, and you can cook with it just fine.

Regarding spam:

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
And while powdered tard cum is kinda ass to drink, it's better than eating water on your cereal,

YOU'RE WRRRROOOONNNGGG

Dude, just eat something else if all you have to put in your cereal is powdered milk. I remember my mom had me try that one time. Shit is fucking disgusting. I'd rather go hungry. That's when I decided to have her swatted while I went to school that day. At least, I know how to make my own tendies bitch.

Tags
None