Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Andoulille sausage.

I was stationed in the deep south, and every gas station sold 2 home-made products: moonshine and andoulille sausage,

I swear the shit was rotting inside the cardboard box they stored it in. The drunk locals would attack it as soon as it arrived, my colleagues couldn't get enough. The smell was enough to peel paint. Think toenail clippings from an athlete's foot sufferer - with diabetes. Mix in some hot peppers. The taste was similar- except with an onion-y finish and a slimely texture. TBH - I chugged a 6-pack right after to kill the flavor asap.

The moonshine was cash, though. The little bit of methanol really finishes the flavor profile.

Southerners need to stick to moonshine.

TinyKitty

kiwifarms.net
I would like to defend beets. They may taste like my backyard and stain everything they touch, but if you eat one every day you'll probably live to be 105.

Also, a couple months ago I tried some canned oysters. don't know why people would go back for more of them.
And I say that as someone who actually likes Vienna sausages.
You can make pate combining smoked oysters and cod livers. The oysters cut the blandness of the cod livers, which are very good for you in appropriate doses. Eat that and the beets and you'll put Methuselah to shame.

bookiedookie

alt right supremacist wearing kiwi farms shirt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every time I go to the grocery store I always pass pigs feet in the canned goods isle. Who the fuck eats them? They’ve always been stocked, so obviously someone is buying them and eating them, but fucking who?
0AEBAA9D-CBDD-4790-A2CE-775C39B47BAC.jpeg

Jeff Gerstmann

The computerized man of the 1990s
kiwifarms.net
Every time I go to the grocery store I always pass pigs feet in the canned goods isle. Who the fuck eats them? They’ve always been stocked, so obviously someone is buying them and eating them, but fucking who?
View attachment 1503012
They're big in the south and they're pretty delicious if you braise them. They're also great for joint and skin health.

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
Pickled eggs are in jars in basically every chippie I've visited, yet I've never seen anyone order them. One guy taking my order gave me a "wow, really?" look when I asked for one with my kebab, I have no idea how long they'd been sitting there.
I live in a southern US state so rural gas stations carry jars of pickled eggs (both chicken and quail eggs). I picked up a jar of garlic pickled ones on a road trip on a whim and damn are they amazing. Jalapeno ones are good too.

They're big in the south and they're pretty delicious if you braise them. They're also great for joint and skin health.
I'll pass on those though. I can get my collagen in more appetizing ways. Beef tripe and tongue are other cuts of meat I just don't know about.

My grocery store sells rabbit. It's only in a box and is like $25 for a few cuts so probably way overpriced and no one really buys it. But I've always been curious about how rabbit tastes. I wish I could get more variety of game meats here.

White bubblegum

Blow me
kiwifarms.net
I suppose like you said, if you have a ton of casual partners and want to do oral sex it's probably hygienic but...never heard anyone who used em. I can't imagine the flavors are actually pleasant (same with flavored lube...) Even colored condoms confuse me. I guess they're fun to some but it just looks silly seeing a neon green dick.

To contribute a food: random root vegetables like taro roots, sunchokes, celery root, jicama, etc. I don't know anyone who eats those. I would actually love to learn how to cook them since roots are my go-to for roasting veggies but I don't know where to start.
Jicama is pretty good sliced with lime juice and Tajin on top.

Who eats white bread though? It's so tasteless, processed and devoid of nutrients that white bread has become slang for void of substance. The wonderbead fetish guy loves it because its a symbol of the artificialness and environmental destruction that turns him on. Why would anybody WANT to eat it? It baffles me.

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net

Who eats white bread though? It's so tasteless, processed and devoid of nutrients that white bread has become slang for void of substance. The wonderbead fetish guy loves it because its a symbol of the artificialness and environmental destruction that turns him on. Why would anybody WANT to eat it? It baffles me.
I was raised on white bread. Once I started eating 12 grain bread and similar I could never go back. Those actually have taste. Granted, I can understand white bread as a base for dessert type things because it embraces the pure carbs of it. Things like basic cinnamon toast, french toast, or those sandwiches I've seen from Japan that have strawberries and whipped cream in them. I guess some people would say white bread is cheaper, but is it? My grocery store sells wheat bread for not too much more in price.

White bubblegum

Blow me
kiwifarms.net
I was raised on white bread. Once I started eating 12 grain bread and similar I could never go back. Those actually have taste. Granted, I can understand white bread as a base for dessert type things because it embraces the pure carbs of it. Things like basic cinnamon toast, french toast, or those sandwiches I've seen from Japan that have strawberries and whipped cream in them. I guess some people would say white bread is cheaper, but is it? My grocery store sells wheat bread for not too much more in price.
God bless your childhood digestive system. I suppose white bread's good as a base for dessert stuff especially since it doesn't have that grainy flavor that whole wheat bread has. And I guess it could be cheaper in poorer areas, since (not to be classist) I've seen poorer people eating it. With sandwiches. Gross

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
These two new products put out by Starbucks...

ProductTiles_EV-RG.jpg
A coffee infused with B vitamins...
ProductTiles_0001_GT-RG.jpg
...and a coffee infused with golden turmeric.

The second one makes some sense since turmeric is a spice but it's clearly being done as a health-related product since it was released alongside the B vitamin coffee while that one confuses me. My knowledge on chemistry is a bit lacking, but don't B vitamins break down when when exposed to high temperatures?

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These two new products put out by Starbucks...

View attachment 1505768
A coffee infused with B vitamins...
View attachment 1505769
...and a coffee infused with golden turmeric.

The second one makes some sense since turmeric is a spice but it's clearly being done as a health-related product since it was released alongside the B vitamin coffee while that one confuses me. My knowledge on chemistry is a bit lacking, but don't B vitamins break down when when exposed to high temperatures?
Yes, they do. It's hardly uncommon for products to be sold on the implicit promise of health benefits from vitamins or other nutrients despite being actually worthless for health. Consider all those hair care products with vitamins; the hair cells are dead, giving them vitamins is like trying to feed a dried-up skeleton. There are also a number of pills that contain nutrients that are absorbed orally poorly or not at all; glutathione, for example (it's broken up into its component amino acids during digestion, one of which is absorbed poorly). The amino acid cysteine is another (it needs to be in its oxidized dimer form, cystine, to be absorbed well). And yet I've seen capsules of both for sale.

The turmeric contains curcumin, which has a number of health benefits (I take it myself) but needs piperine (found in black pepper) for best absorption. I bet the turmeric coffee doesn't have the piperine.

logintoilet

kiwifarms.net

You have to be a Grey Poupon huffing aristocrat to use fancy bread for grilled cheese or a BLT. Do hot dogs need whole grain? Come on now.

If you want to taste white trash haute cuisine, do a fried bologna sandwich. Get in your truck and go to the gas station for your Wonderbread, Oscar Mayer bologna that smells like a fart, and the Heinz ketchup. The trick is you have to slice the meat so it fries in a cross shape because otherwise it curls up into a freakish meatcup that could be a tit sliced off by Ed Gein. I can't remember if it needs much more than that and maybe some iceberg lettuce. The processed meat transmutes from limp smelly rubber to a delicious crunchy mouthfeel like bacon with the squishy bread to cushion it and tame the salt. Poverty food doesn't have to be disgusting.

This one's even fancier than needed. I had to look up what Chow Chow is, they mean relish.

Putting chips in a sandwich is also a chad move. Protip: use a high-heat kind like Paqui ghost pepper chips plus avocado.

Here's a not even trashy version with rye bread. Look how fucking good this is.

Elvis might have died on a toilet but that's a fair price for eating like a king on food like this.

Last edited:

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of turmeric in coffee, I've seen small coffee shops sell "golden milk", aka a sort of latte made with it. Bright yellow, and with no coffee afaik. It tastes pretty gross, just what you'd expect really.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
I live in a southern US state so rural gas stations carry jars of pickled eggs (both chicken and quail eggs). I picked up a jar of garlic pickled ones on a road trip on a whim and damn are they amazing. Jalapeno ones are good too.

I'll pass on those though. I can get my collagen in more appetizing ways. Beef tripe and tongue are other cuts of meat I just don't know about.

My grocery store sells rabbit. It's only in a box and is like $25 for a few cuts so probably way overpriced and no one really buys it. But I've always been curious about how rabbit tastes. I wish I could get more variety of game meats here.
I've hunted and ate wild rabbit. Stringy meat. Not very gamey, IF you are used to eating game.
It's a light meat, kinda like a very lean, mutton. Less course, but just as stringy.
I make it into a casserole or meat pie to make it more appetizing for gentle folk.

The pelts are awesome and easy to cure at home. The remains all burn easy.
It's a great animal to hunt, except for THE BUGS.

Remember to only hunt/eat rabbit AFTER the first couple of HARD FROSTS.
Those fuckers have more worms/parasites than any other wild meat I have eaten.

White bubblegum

Blow me
kiwifarms.net
You have to be a Grey Poupon huffing aristocrat to use fancy bread for grilled cheese or a BLT. Do hot dogs need whole grain? Come on now.

If you want to taste white trash haute cuisine, do a fried bologna sandwich. Get in your truck and go to the gas station for your Wonderbread, Oscar Mayer bologna that smells like a fart, and the Heinz ketchup. The trick is you have to slice the meat so it fries in a cross shape because otherwise it curls up into a freakish meatcup that could be a tit sliced off by Ed Gein. I can't remember if it needs much more than that and maybe some iceberg lettuce. The processed meat transmutes from limp smelly rubber to a delicious crunchy mouthfeel like bacon with the squishy bread to cushion it and tame the salt. Poverty food doesn't have to be disgusting.

This one's even fancier than needed. I had to look up what Chow Chow is, they mean relish.

Putting chips in a sandwich is also a chad move. Protip: use a high-heat kind like Paqui ghost pepper chips plus avocado.

Here's a not even trashy version with rye bread. Look how fucking good this is.

Elvis might have died on a toilet but that's a fair price for living like a king on food like this.
Yeah ive had fried bologna sandwiches(and air sandwiches), theyre fucking good but still... the very concept of white bread haunts my soul :(

Tags
None