Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I've hunted and ate wild rabbit. Stringy meat. Not very gamey, IF you are used to eating game.
It's a light meat, kinda like a very lean, mutton. Less course, but just as stringy.
I make it into a casserole or meat pie to make it more appetizing for gentle folk.

The pelts are awesome and easy to cure at home. The remains all burn easy.
It's a great animal to hunt, except for THE BUGS.

Remember to only hunt/eat rabbit AFTER the first couple of HARD FROSTS.
Those fuckers have more worms/parasites than any other wild meat I have eaten.
A coworker raises rabbits for meat. He likes it, but he said when they mixed it with duck meat (all ground together) it was the best. The duck has the fat the rabbit needed to not be dry when used as a ground meat. He has ducks, chickens, and rabbits all together. I suppose farmed rabbit might not be quite as stringy.

Allakazam223

We wuz Orkz n shit
kiwifarms.net
A coworker raises rabbits for meat. He likes it, but he said when they mixed it with duck meat (all ground together) it was the best. The duck has the fat the rabbit needed to not be dry when used as a ground meat. He has ducks, chickens, and rabbits all together. I suppose farmed rabbit might not be quite as stringy.
Waterfowl tends to be very fatty, so this makes sense.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I initially rated that horrifying because I misread that as cool whip. Still, I never got into miracle whip over just mayo. Miracle whip always tasted sweet to me.
My family was always a mayo family, never had Miracle Whip. I only knew it was sweet after trying someone else’s deviled eggs and wondered why it was sweet.

Deviled eggs only need Hellmans, yellow mustard, pepper, and bacon crumbles. Sweet is anathema.

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
My family was always a mayo family, never had Miracle Whip. I only knew it was sweet after trying someone else’s deviled eggs and wondered why it was sweet.

Deviled eggs only need Hellmans, yellow mustard, pepper, and bacon crumbles. Sweet is anathema.
I came from a Duke's family for mayo, but otherwise indeed. Also, smoked paprika.

To contribute more to the thread and on the topic of "sweet", does anyone actually buy those powder packets or liquid drops you put into water to make them taste fruity and stuff? Besides the occasional lemonade flavor they all taste horrible and sweet to me. Even putting in half a packet is too much. I just stick to water, personally.

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
I came from a Duke's family for mayo, but otherwise indeed. Also, smoked paprika.

To contribute more to the thread and on the topic of "sweet", does anyone actually buy those powder packets or liquid drops you put into water to make them taste fruity and stuff? Besides the occasional lemonade flavor they all taste horrible and sweet to me. Even putting in half a packet is too much. I just stick to water, personally.
I've tried a few of those Mio liquid drops. The pomegranate flavor is decent but they're not something I go out of my way to get. Most of them just have a weird pseudo Kool-Aid taste I don't care for. Simple ice water is my go-to drink as well.

TinyKitty

kiwifarms.net
My grocery store sells rabbit. It's only in a box and is like $25 for a few cuts so probably way overpriced and no one really buys it. But I've always been curious about how rabbit tastes.
Like white meat chicken, but even blander. Rabbit can be good, but it takes a lot of seasoning, ideally along with a lot of fat. With that cat-sized body it's bony as all hell for the most part, it's like eating quail-boned tofu. The legs are weird, they're basically what white-meat chicken legs would be.

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like white meat chicken, but even blander. Rabbit can be good, but it takes a lot of seasoning, ideally along with a lot of fat. With that cat-sized body it's bony as all hell for the most part, it's like eating quail-boned tofu. The legs are weird, they're basically what white-meat chicken legs would be.
I trust your analysis is accurate because you have "kitty" in your name.

Thomas Talus

kiwifarms.net
I've tried a few of those Mio liquid drops. The pomegranate flavor is decent but they're not something I go out of my way to get. Most of them just have a weird pseudo Kool-Aid taste I don't care for. Simple ice water is my go-to drink as well.
I have some for camping, because sometimes you want a different taste than just straight water.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
I've started seeing this soda mixes in like Dollar stores from Canada dry a and w 7up and so on. I tried on and they're not bad it's just they don't make instant soda like I thought

• Horrifying
Reactions: WonderWino

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
You have to be a Grey Poupon huffing aristocrat to use fancy bread for grilled cheese or a BLT. Do hot dogs need whole grain? Come on now.

If you want to taste white trash haute cuisine, do a fried bologna sandwich. Get in your truck and go to the gas station for your Wonderbread, Oscar Mayer bologna that smells like a fart, and the Heinz ketchup. The trick is you have to slice the meat so it fries in a cross shape because otherwise it curls up into a freakish meatcup that could be a tit sliced off by Ed Gein. I can't remember if it needs much more than that and maybe some iceberg lettuce. The processed meat transmutes from limp smelly rubber to a delicious crunchy mouthfeel like bacon with the squishy bread to cushion it and tame the salt. Poverty food doesn't have to be disgusting.

This one's even fancier than needed. I had to look up what Chow Chow is, they mean relish.

Putting chips in a sandwich is also a chad move. Protip: use a high-heat kind like Paqui ghost pepper chips plus avocado.

Here's a not even trashy version with rye bread. Look how fucking good this is.

Elvis might have died on a toilet but that's a fair price for eating like a king on food like this.
The problem with white bread, for me, is that it's entirely too sweet. I grew up on in, but as soon as my palate developed it just tastes like cake. This is a purely American issue, though. White bread in other countries is not nearly as sweet. I think as I've gotten older I've just gotten more sensitive to sugar. It has it's place and I do put it in my tomato sauce and I add it where it's necessary to round out a flavor profile, but basic white bread here in the states is far too much. I like using a good sourdough for grilled cheese or BLT. As far as hotdogs, I'll leave you to that. If I'm doing Brats then we'll have pretzel rolls.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The problem with white bread, for me, is that it's entirely too sweet. I grew up on in, but as soon as my palate developed it just tastes like cake. This is a purely American issue, though. White bread in other countries is not nearly as sweet. I think as I've gotten older I've just gotten more sensitive to sugar. It has it's place and I do put it in my tomato sauce and I add it where it's necessary to round out a flavor profile, but basic white bread here in the states is far too much. I like using a good sourdough for grilled cheese or BLT. As far as hotdogs, I'll leave you to that. If I'm doing Brats then we'll have pretzel rolls.
It's nearly impossible to find a bread here in the US with no added sugars of any kind. It's quite frustrating. Also extremely unhealthy.

Pond Scum

Disgusting!
kiwifarms.net
White bread is good if you treat it like dessert or something sweet in general. Milk toast with wonderbread is the best.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Whatthefuck

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
I tried canned Vienna Sausages / cocktail Weenies once. They taste like soggy canned hot dogs. I offered the rest to the cat. He tried to bury them with a dishtowel.

I have never heard of a cocktail that uses these things. I barely understand olives in martinis.

Who eats these things, and why? How does a person's life get to the point where they eat more than one of these things in an entire lifetime?

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I tried canned Vienna Sausages / cocktail Weenies once. They taste like soggy canned hot dogs. I offered the rest to the cat. He tried to bury them with a dishtowel.

I have never heard of a cocktail that uses these things. I barely understand olives in martinis.

Who eats these things, and why? How does a person's life get to the point where they eat more than one of these things in an entire lifetime?
How to use Vienna sausages:
open can
contemplate the emptiness of your life
nibble on one
throw the rest away
eat the barrel of a shotgun

Tags
None