Food You're Not Really Sure Anyone Even Buys -

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I tried canned Vienna Sausages / cocktail Weenies once. They taste like soggy canned hot dogs. I offered the rest to the cat. He tried to bury them with a dishtowel.

I have never heard of a cocktail that uses these things. I barely understand olives in martinis.

Who eats these things, and why? How does a person's life get to the point where they eat more than one of these things in an entire lifetime?
I live in an area with a large Filipino population. They're quite popular with them. I assume it's mostly a familiarity thing, since they ate them all the time in PI. We set up big displays of the fuckers at my store all the time.

Rosechu's Pickle

Rosechu's true and honest genitalia
kiwifarms.net
My grocery store sells rabbit. It's only in a box and is like $25 for a few cuts so probably way overpriced and no one really buys it. But I've always been curious about how rabbit tastes. I wish I could get more variety of game meats here.

You can find a decent sized whole rabbit for around $7-10 at an asian grocery store. Idk if H-mart exists where you live but any korean/chinese supermarket will have it

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
It's not as bad as Jack Daniels or other American "whiskey" or bourbon, lol.
I agree that Southern Comfort is for kids, but a decent Bourbon is well worth the effort. Sip it, don't slam it or mix it. Most brand name "Canadian" rye is bad on its own, but I've come across some exceptions that were highly sippable.

Scotch is a whole nother thing. I'm in no way qualified to judge the really good stuff.

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not as bad as Jack Daniels or other American "whiskey" or bourbon, lol.
Sacrilege. Southern sippin' whiskey (not the swill priced for college kids) is the only thing worth drinking on a hot day. Leagues better than whatever peaty nonsense with a name like O'Shillelagh's the Celts can brew. Doubly so if the American whiskey is rye.

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grape Nuts. Don't get the appeal at all. And for the record I'm a werido who likes Shredded Wheat, albeit with a heaping teaspoon of sugar on top to make it a little fun to eat.

Last edited:

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I was going to say fig newtons. I forgot they existed until I had a craving for the strawberry ones recently.

Does anyone eat figs nowadays? I absolutely hate dried figs but I used to have a tree in my yard and fresh ones were so good.

• Agree
Reactions: mindlessobserver

Ex Cummunicated Sasser HD

Sláinte!!!
kiwifarms.net
Grape Nuts. Don't get the appeal at all. And for the record I'm a werido who likes Shredded Wheat, albeit with a heaping teaspoon of sugar on top to make it a little fun to eat.
They're something I enjoy in the winter with hot milk and honey. Each to their own though. One of my mates said it looks and tastes like cat litter.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Cardenio

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I was going to say fig newtons. I forgot they existed until I had a craving for the strawberry ones recently.

Does anyone eat figs nowadays? I absolutely hate dried figs but I used to have a tree in my yard and fresh ones were so good.
I actually buy fig newtons fairly regularly (like probably a package every 2-3 months).

Fresh figs are pretty hard to find in stores since they don't travel very well; they get damaged easily in transport and spoil quickly. Because of that, the ones grown in north America are mostly used for dried fig products. Which is unfortunate since fresh figs are quite good.

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually buy fig newtons fairly regularly (like probably a package every 2-3 months).

Fresh figs are pretty hard to find in stores since they don't travel very well; they get damaged easily in transport and spoil quickly. Because of that, the ones grown in north America are mostly used for dried fig products. Which is unfortunate since fresh figs are quite good.
The only thing I don't like about fig newtons is they're rather dry and tend to gum up my mouth a bit if I eat more than a couple, but they taste pretty nice.

Tags
None