Forbidden Knowledge - Teachings that must be earned

Fagatron

ArchFedora
kiwifarms.net
Not a Buddhist, but I've got a theory why their books could be restricted.

The earliest forms of Buddhism within India, particularly the Therevada today, are non-theistic. That's not to say they deny the existence of deities, they just don't really have much to say on them either way beyond "Yeah maybe you could be re-incarnated as a God, but even Gods die and it'll be harder to achieve Moshka as a God than a human" (No, seriously, that's a thing).

As Buddhism spread out, Mahayana Buddhism came to become more popular because like Christianity it began to incorporate and include previously existing or currently standing religions into their practice; the most famous and strange example of this is actually Pure-Land Buddhism, whereupon encounters with Christianity the movement created a literal Heaven and a Messiah you only have to believe in to end up there rather than be reborn on Earth.

That said...While the laity believes and makes offerings to these folk deities and practice magic, if you go a little higher up the food chain to the Monastics or the educated classes these people don't really tend to espouse this as much; if actually at all.

I can see why something like Tibetan Buddhism which places great respect upon Mahayana theistic works like the Lotus and Crystal Sutras wouldn't be handing out copies of textbooks interpreting the Buddah's own personal Atheism; or at very least would make sure it only was discussed between people who understood a Bohdisattva and a western concept of divinity were very different things and could articulate the nuanced differences.

Scientology is a prime example of this. When we heard about Xenu we just laughed at the bullshit, to the mind that has been carefully groomed to be ready to interpret Xenu through a specific viewpoint and perspective I'm sure he makes a lot more sense to them.

betterbullocks

deep anal and cool ranch doritos, shes got it all
kiwifarms.net
Also Mormons won't share their "original" untranslated copy of the Book of Mormon that is supposedly written in an unknown language only Joseph Smith was able to decode and translate.
I might be wrong about this because I learnt it years ago in church before I deconverted, but iirc, some allegedly holy tablets in Mormonism were translated by an archaelogist and who found it was actually an instructional text on proper burial rituals, zero relation to Abraham or anything. I could be entirely wrong though, I was told a lot of nutty things by the church

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember when wu-tang clan made an album and then decided to only sell it once to the highest bidder. Practically the reverse that happens with any other music. This creates mystery and perceived value by exclusivity and obscurity. But it probably sounds pretty much the same as the rest of their grunting and shouting laid over pretty okay beats.

With that said, E Michael Jones books just got banned of amazon yesterday. If there is one thing we're drawn more to over closely guarded books, it's books that other people don't want you to read. Even though there too they're probably the same as his other work; plenty of interesting research with non sequitor conclusions.

When you open up to books that got recently banned, I could compile a list, when I get off work. I also still have a copy of a turkish cult that I used to belong to. We had to translate it by hand into different languages. I probably am the only person that digitized it (this was forbidden). I could share the english one if anyone gives a fuck.

It includes stuff about how the British Royal Family are the heads of the Illuminati,
This doesn't sound that wrong,

how the USA is Satan
This is also true, why are you saying he's insane... oh wait...

how the Dutch are planning nuclear war,
WE SO ARE NOT. PLEASE DON'T INSPECT OUR WINDMILLS.

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
I might be wrong about this because I learnt it years ago in church before I deconverted, but iirc, some allegedly holy tablets in Mormonism were translated by an archaelogist and who found it was actually an instructional text on proper burial rituals, zero relation to Abraham or anything. I could be entirely wrong though, I was told a lot of nutty things by the church
That's the book of Abraham.
Brother Joseph didn't "translate" those, I think the story was... God told him the general meaning or something.
But yes. A few of the original papyrus from the book of Abraham were re-discovered. They are funerary texts (ie run of the mill for ancient Egypt)

Also Mormons won't share their "original" untranslated copy of the Book of Mormon
An "untranslated" book of mormon never existed. When it was being "translated" someone stole 100 pages, to see if Smith could reproduce them. He rewrote that part slightly differently, and the missing pages never turned up.
The closest that has ever existed to the "golden plates" is Oliver Cowdery's handwriting

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: betterbullocks

betterbullocks

deep anal and cool ranch doritos, shes got it all
kiwifarms.net
That's the book of Abraham.
Brother Joseph didn't "translate" those, I think the story was... God told him the general meaning or something.
But yes. A few of the original papyrus from the book of Abraham were re-discovered. They are funerary texts (ie run of the mill for ancient Egypt)

An "untranslated" book of mormon never existed. When it was being "translated" someone stole 100 pages, to see if Smith could reproduce them. He rewrote that part slightly differently, and the missing pages never turned up.
The closest that has ever existed to the "golden plates" is Oliver Cowdery's handwriting
Thanks for the fact check lad, had always wondered how right it was

Reactions: TalmudSperg

Basil II

My vision is augmented
kiwifarms.net
Not a Buddhist, but I've got a theory why their books could be restricted.

The earliest forms of Buddhism within India, particularly the Therevada today, are non-theistic. That's not to say they deny the existence of deities, they just don't really have much to say on them either way beyond "Yeah maybe you could be re-incarnated as a God, but even Gods die and it'll be harder to achieve Moshka as a God than a human" (No, seriously, that's a thing).

As Buddhism spread out, Mahayana Buddhism came to become more popular because like Christianity it began to incorporate and include previously existing or currently standing religions into their practice; the most famous and strange example of this is actually Pure-Land Buddhism, whereupon encounters with Christianity the movement created a literal Heaven and a Messiah you only have to believe in to end up there rather than be reborn on Earth.

That said...While the laity believes and makes offerings to these folk deities and practice magic, if you go a little higher up the food chain to the Monastics or the educated classes these people don't really tend to espouse this as much; if actually at all.

I can see why something like Tibetan Buddhism which places great respect upon Mahayana theistic works like the Lotus and Crystal Sutras wouldn't be handing out copies of textbooks interpreting the Buddah's own personal Atheism; or at very least would make sure it only was discussed between people who understood a Bohdisattva and a western concept of divinity were very different things and could articulate the nuanced differences.

Scientology is a prime example of this. When we heard about Xenu we just laughed at the bullshit, to the mind that has been carefully groomed to be ready to interpret Xenu through a specific viewpoint and perspective I'm sure he makes a lot more sense to them.
What are your thoughts on Transcendental Meditation? It's a weird celeb cult based off Hinduism and sort of led by David Lynch.

http://suggestibility.org/ dude here has about to say about it, whether you believe him is up to you.

Just Here for A and H

Toxically Hypermasculine Necropolitician
kiwifarms.net
You know, if occult shit is real, the reason it's treated as esoteric and not exoteric likely stems from the fact the average person is a functional retard (and 50% are even more retarded), not a malicious desire to hoard power. Imagine, for example, that Magic Missiles from various role playing games were real. Would you trust Karen, Lil W1gga, Tyrese or Sharkeitha with that? If any such forbidden knowledge in our world is forbidden, it is for everyone's well-being that it stays that way.

Last edited:

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, if occult shit is real, the reason it's treated as esoteric and not exoteric likely stems from the fact the average person is a functional retard (and 50% are even more retarded), not a malicious desire to hoard power. Imagine, for example, that Magic Missiles from various role playing games were real. Would you trust Karen, Lil W1gga, Tyrese or Sharkeitha with that? If any such forbidden knowledge in our world is forbidden, it is for everyone's well-being that it stays that way.
We trust them with guns. It's not a huge difference. Well you americans do, anyways.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
If magic were real we'd be using it. To think that magic is real, and somehow not being exploited like oil or gas is to misunderstand the capricious and greedy nature of humans. If crystals healed the sick then you'd be paying through the nose to use licences medicare ones.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
"vonu" movement

it's something like a sovcit thing, the only stuff I can find is from scans of 1970s freeman on the land type zines

also some ancient forms of black magic that appear to have last been recorded as being practiced in the court of louis xiv

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If magic were real we'd be using it. To think that magic is real, and somehow not being exploited like oil or gas is to misunderstand the capricious and greedy nature of humans. If crystals healed the sick then you'd be paying through the nose to use licences medicare ones.
While I don't believe in magic this argumentation isn't complete. It's wholly possible for that greediness to express itself through secrecy. In that case it would be exploited, just not openly. Particularly if it was possible to use it as weapon or to curse with.
The assumption that all knowledge of technology (or magic) is public is false. Because there are incentives to keep certain advances confidential, it stands to reason that at least some percentage of it, no matter how tiny, exists outside of the public domain.