Former Batgirl Co-Writer Cameron Stewart Accused of Grooming Teenage Girls - eeeeaux

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Batgirl of Burnside, by Cameron Stewart

Artist and model Aviva Maï has accused comics writer and artist Cameron Stewart, best known for his run as co-writer on Batgirl, of grooming her as a teenager. According to tweets posted by Maï on Twitter earlier this week, she met Stewart when she was 16 and he was in his early 30s. She said they flirted via text and went on one date in 2009, then stayed in contact for some time after.

"We met when I was 16 and he was in his 30s. Maybe 32? It was 2009," Maï tweeted. "We flirted by text and went on one date. In 2009. When I was 16. We stayed 'friends' for a long time after that and he’d sometimes text to say that he was sad he missed his chance to date me. A couple really uncomfortable times."
On Twitter, Aviva Maï accuses Cameron Stewart of grooming
On Twitter, Aviva Maï accuses Cameron Stewart of grooming

She continued, "Took me a long time to realize what had actually happened, what he was doing, and that we were never actually friends. I’m only posting this because he’s worked on a lot of comics directly aimed at young girls and women, and I want them to know what kind of person he is. It’s never felt like 'a good time' to say this because there isn’t one, but I’m saying it anyway. That’s it. Now you know."

Following Maï's initial statements, cartoonist and writer Kate Leth tweeted, "I just want to back Aviva up by saying 'this happened to me, too.' I still have the drawing of Death he drew me on a piece of hotel stationary. I was 19. He was 32." Actress Natasha Negovanlis added that she has "similar stories" about him she doesn't "feel comfortable sharing publicly at this time."
On Twitter, Kate Leth echoes Aviva Maï's Cameron Stewart accusation

Former convention organizer Andrea Demonakos tweeted that in the Toronto comics community, where Stewart is based, "it was widely known that Cameron Stewart was a predator, and he’d basically been chased out of town after pissing off too many people. I’ve warned women away from him, multiple times." Demonakos added that prior to Maï's tweets, she had not heard about his alleged predation of underage girls.

Leth quote-tweeted Demonakos' statement and added, "He LITERALLY MOVED TO BERLIN because he burned through all the girls in Montreal/Toronto. He said this! To me!!!!"

At time of writing, Stewart has locked his Twitter and Instagram accounts. As people began to share tweets and stories, Maï encouraged followers to donate to non-profits that help vulnerable women, the Trans Women of Color Collective, National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network, the Okra Project and Power to Decide.

tenor(22).gif

Apparently Warren Ellis was accused too

Zero Day Defense

Shave your face with some mace in the dark
kiwifarms.net
Pics or I have no good reason to believe it happened.

Following Maï's initial statements, cartoonist and writer Kate Leth tweeted, "I just want to back Aviva up by saying 'this happened to me, too.' I still have the drawing of Death he drew me on a piece of hotel stationary. I was 19. He was 32."
Pretty sure this is the woman that dated a married terminal cancer patient and bragged about it.

Also, you were 19. Sit down.

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
But 16 is the age of consent in Canada. And "grooming" is a word that's been thrown around so much that it's completely lost all meaning at this point. Sure it seems like the guy is a scumbag, but he didn't do anything illegal and it sounds like the "relationships" were consensual. This is just a woman getting older, realizing she made a dumb mistake, and deciding to blame someone else for it. If you're 16 you're plenty old enough to realize that you probably shouldn't date 32 year olds, so I don't feel bad for her or anyone else who fell for this unless they were actually a child.

SojuDrnkr

Stays after last call.
kiwifarms.net
The classic "oh man, i regret doing [x] 10 years ago, I was so young and stupid then. How can I blame somebody else for my actions so that i can be seen as a victim that isn't responsible for their actions" schtick.

Why do women who scream "my body, my choice", never want to take responsibility for what they choices they make with their bodies?

Kuchipatchi

FRIENDSHIP
kiwifarms.net
Why do women who scream "my body, my choice", never want to take responsibility for what they choices they make with their bodies?
Because women have no means of taking responsibility, like they want to be treated like a child for the rest of their life and just fuck about without worry cos, "My adult guardian will take the heat for me, tee hee!"

Did they have sex or send nudes? The article mentioned dating but it's not an indicator. If they did, she would at least have a leg to stand on.
And the 19 yr old, on your bike, you're over the age of consent so live with the consequences, attention whore.

Synthetic Smug

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also claims to be "nonbinary uwu" but manages to pass even less than the average genderspecial
She's going through a social media DFE flouce right now as well, so take that as you will.

I'm seeing on Twitter a certain class of comic book and animation artist making the horrifying realization that they got started in careers and *might* have been given certain opportunities because they were fuckable.

The business end of 40 is staring them in the face and *now* they get mad. There are fewer innocent people in this fiasco than I would like.

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Uncanny Valley

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why everyone (even most cartoon spergs) feels the need to defend this dude I will never understand
I remember seeing Owen Benjamin accuse him of being a pedo. Owen Benjamin of course is fucking crazy. And to be honest if you Google it, you find that no one was willing to go on record and definitively accuse him.

So it's one of those Hollywood things where everyone has heard the rumor but no-one actually investigates if it is true or not and outsiders won't even know the rumors, kind of like how everyone well connected had heard the rumors about Jimmy Savile but no one actually did anything about them and the general public didn't know that it was a very bad idea to let him anywhere near your kids. What I think is going on is that insiders protect their kids, the pedo goes on working and only preys on other people's kids.

Reactions: TchPiKinmup

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember seeing Owen Benjamin accuse him of being a pedo. Owen Benjamin of course is fucking crazy. And to be honest if you Google it, you find that no one was willing to go on record and definitively accuse him.

So it's one of those Hollywood things where everyone has heard the rumor but no-one actually investigates if it is true or not and outsiders won't even know the rumors, kind of like how everyone well connected had heard the rumors about Jimmy Savile but no one actually did anything about them and the general public didn't know that it was a very bad idea to let him anywhere near your kids. What I think is going on is that insiders protect their kids, the pedo goes on working and only preys on other people's kids.

You and I are similar ages, iirc.

Be honest, Jim‘ll Fix It scared the shit out of you, me, and every kid we knew. The fucker was a glowpaedo

Tags
None