Former Batgirl Co-Writer Cameron Stewart Accused of Grooming Teenage Girls - eeeeaux

Private Pyle

Sir, does this mean that Ann-Margret's not coming?
kiwifarms.net
Warren Ellis is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

That batgirl co-writer? Guilty as sin
Eh, I think Stewart deserves the benefit of the doubt. Don’t get me wrong, he seems to fit the male feminist profile and if it is true, fucker had it coming.
But so far, I’ve just seen accusations on social media mixed with “Dude trust me.” And Kate Leth coincidentally being on both cases sets off my BS alarms big time. These types of things should be handled by the law, not Twitter.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I think Stewart deserves the benefit of the doubt. Don’t get me wrong, he seems to fit the male feminist profile and if it is true, fucker had it coming.
But so far, I’ve just seen accusations on social media mixed with “Dude trust me.” And Kate Leth coincidentally being on both cases sets off my BS alarms big time. These types of things should be handled by the law, not Twitter.
Oh yeah I could be wrong and so help if I am. But I think Stewart is trying to take him down with him. Ellis has always been kinda based despite being a very progressive writer for his time. Transmetroplitian was way ahead of its time with its first arc about the people undergoing surgery to turn their bodied into aliens. Ellis didn't just predict the trashfire that is the troon rights movement but also the whole transhumainst movement itself. It's a real thing these days, people who wanna become "genderless aliens"with no genitals.

TchPiKinmup

kiwifarms.net
I find myself shouting at the computer screen -- "WHAT THE FUCK DID THESE MEN ACTUALLY DO TO YOU THAT IS SO WRONG?"

I've read over a lot of this nonsense and, for the most part, it seems quite clear: A pro (in an industry made of the most socially awkward people around) makes a pass at some of their groupies, many of them being young girls. This is a crime? How is it even news!? How long until all of Motley Crue is put on the guillotine?

What I see is some silly women that were silly girls that have an opportunity to get some spotlight, score some sympathy points from the masses, and "take down" one of the "evil men" that have "ruined the world."

So he ... is an entirely typical straight guy? A groupie (of legal age) contacted Stewart and, despite her claiming that she felt things were off from the get-go, she continues to plow ahead. She even engages in sexual contact with the guy, multiple times. And he dumps her when he moves away.

This is all about "feelings" and has nothing to do with ethics or criminality, like so many of these unfortunate flare ups anymore. Power dynamics are what they are, they won't ever change by twisting yourself into pretzel logic.

And fuck Stewart anyway -- where is SeaGuy vol. 3?!

And maybe if Ellis hadn't been chatting with so much stupid quim, he could have finished Desolation Jones or newuniversal or Doktor Sleepless or Fell or any of the scores of stuff he drops when he loses interest.

--

The only real question is when will women (or any of the "oppressed") start taking even a shred responsibility for their part in these interactions?

Last edited:

F/lying Frankenstein

Confused Fanatic
kiwifarms.net
Warren Ellis makes a statement. Cameron Stewart is still nowhere to be seen.
In the immortal words of Rackets: Do not apologize, never apologize.

Goddamnit, he apologized. I understand his guilt, but he just opened the floodgates: Some replies argued that he did not apologize to the women, others said that it wasn't enough...And he even put himself on a passive stance.
These jackals will eat him alive now...This whole mess is frankly saddening.

Ya Boi Zack also made a video on the subject:

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
I find myself shouting at the computer screen -- "WHAT THE FUCK DID THESE MEN ACTUALLY DO TO YOU THAT IS SO WRONG?"

I've read over a lot of this nonsense and, for the most part, it seems quite clear: A pro (in an industry made of the most socially awkward people around) makes a pass at some of their groupies, many of them being young girls. This is a crime? How is it even news!? How long until all of Motley Crue is put on the guillotine?

What I see is some silly women that were silly girls that have an opportunity to get some spotlight, score some sympathy points from the masses, and "take down" one of the "evil men" that have "ruined the world."

So he ... is an entirely typical straight guy? A groupie (of legal age) contacted Stewart and, despite her claiming that she felt things were off from the get-go, she continues to plow ahead. She even engages in sexual contact with the guy, multiple times. And he dumps her when he moves away.

This is all about "feelings" and has nothing to do with ethics or criminality, like so many of these unfortunate flare ups anymore. Power dynamics are what they are, they won't ever change by twisting yourself into pretzel logic.

And fuck Stewart anyway -- where is SeaGuy vol. 3?!

And maybe if Ellis hadn't been chatting with so much stupid quim, he could have finished Desolation Jones or newuniversal or Doktor Sleepless or Fell or any of the scores of stuff he drops when he loses interest.

--

The only real question is when will women (or any of the "oppressed") start taking even a shred responsibility for their part in these interactions?
I don't get it either. They're nailing dudes to the wall for...basic flirting interactions? And basic 'get my dick wet' stuff. They used their semi fame to date/sleep with women. That's really fucking normal.

Like, some of these women need to nut up and take some responsibility. You aren't a retard or stupid and a man doesn't owe you shit after you give it up willingly. If you don't wanna be pumped and dumped then don't give out. It's the same with some of the Weinstein-esque shit and sleeping with someone for something. That was a goddamn transaction. Yeah it sucks that's what you did for a role but you chose that and while scummy it's not abuse beyond abuse of power.

This is just clout chasing. They get a ton of attention for going on about it and showing screencaps of so called bad behaviour when really it's just normal flirting. They tried to do the same to the guy who made Cult Simulator and accuse him of...something??? And basically it boiled down to jealous ex cunt GF mad he had moved on and met his now wife and was trying to drag his name through the mud with a litany of accusations of 'using his position'. Nevermind his wife came to the front to say that this was wrong and he did nothing wrong beyond break up with this bitch and get a new GF. And the Twittermob tried to 'yikes' and 'oof' her into submission for going against the BELIEVE WOMEN narrative.

This shit is insidious. If I were a dude with any modicum of success I would make damn sure nobody could screenshot my messages or trace it back to me when trying to talk to women. Because apparrently you can have your life trashed over something as innocuous as trying to bang.

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
So... no accusations from anyone who was underage at the time? Why would anyone fucking care, then? (And why care without evidence, years after the fact?)

If this fucks up Castlevania (worse than Ellis already did in season 3, har har), I'm going to be pretty angry. Isn't the showrunner of Castlevania a progressive retard?

• Agree
Reactions: UnclePhil

Shiggy Diggster

hulk is such a yo-yo
kiwifarms.net
Desolation Jones is my favorite comic that never became the HBO series it was meant to be.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
It's kinda funny. Transmetropolitan portrayed a future where everything was so hyper sexualized that the act had become mechanical and mundane. Just another commodity like drinking or smoking. Ellis is a fucking psychic I swear, it looks like the author is about to end up like his creation. I still remember how spider Jerusalem was just so fed up with the city he ran away to the mountains and became a recluse almost completely cut off from the world.

It feels like that would be the only way out of any accusation of being a skeevy perv, aside a bullet to your head.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
I love these knives out for various comic creator and editor nerds, It's all coming from the exact kind of bipolar disorder-afflicted scene women you'd expect to find. Ellis creeping on women in their 20s is being described as "grooming", "grooming" is being used a proxy for these BPD chicks who are mad over being pumped and dumped at some nerd convention. I can't say that I'm too upset on Ellis' behalf though, guys like Ellis absolutely deserve this, they spent most of their careers helping build the monster that's coming for them with claws extended.

UnclePhil

Deliberating from a screened-in porch.
kiwifarms.net
Warren Ellis makes a statement. Cameron Stewart is still nowhere to be seen.
First, I really wish these idiots would stop using Twitter to throw these accusations around.

Second, all he needed to say was "I never did anything I am accused of." He should not have apologized for anything else. It feeds these piranhas a hint at guilt, and that is all they need.

"I don't hear him apologizing to the women!" says a thing that renamed its handle 'defund cops.' Yeah, but why should he? For what? There is no way anybody decades ago could have understood they were 'grooming' a special's whatever gender while she was in her 20's.

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
First, I really wish these idiots would stop using Twitter to throw these accusations around.

Second, all he needed to say was "I never did anything I am accused of." He should not have apologized for anything else. It feeds these piranhas a hint at guilt, and that is all they need.

"I don't hear him apologizing to the women!" says a thing that renamed its handle 'defund cops.' Yeah, but why should he? For what? There is no way anybody decades ago could have understood they were 'grooming' a special's whatever gender while she was in her 20's.
Exactly. Despite all the empty buzzwords like "predator" getting thrown around it's pretty much a case of "Semi-famous guy fucks groupies. Film at 11". It's only even morally wrong because he was married with a kid at the time, and that's entirely between him and his wife.

UnimportantFarmer

kiwifarms.net

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
>I was 19, he was 32

Uh, how is this grooming?
Look, you can't expect young adult women to not fuck older established men to get a job in entertainment, alright? Which makes it abuse. Not right away though. Only later, once she's washed out of the industry or her career is firmly established and he's no longer useful to her does it become abuse. As long as he can potentially help her career it's not grooming and she's a strong independent adult woman, but once he can or will no longer help her career she retroactively becomes a helpless child who was groomed. It's simple.

And no, these women aren't prostituting themselves, then growing resentful of the men they whored themselves out to for an unfair edge on the competition down the line and presenting themselves as victims. I'm shocked and appalled you would imply such a thing.

In short, he's a scumbag but she's probably a scumbag too.

Childhood extends to the age of 26 now.
Then let's take away the right to vote until 26.

Tags
None