Former Celebrities -

K>C

kiwifarms.net
Vontaze Burfict - one of the two Bengals players whose shocking behavior caused the two major penalties that let the Steelers win at the last second last Saturday - probably will not be considered a hot celeb after that game. Dude sounds like an asshole (as demonstrated by his actions, of course) and while most of the ire currently is on the Bengals coach for failing to keep his players in line, said coach is also the only reason Vontaze was ever allowed to play in the Bengals in the first place. From the news reports, the Bengals haven't won in the playoffs since the early 1990's, so to be that guy who prevented breaking that streak by causing a completely thoughtless penalty and helping the other team win as a result? It's going to be hard to ever escape that stigma.
The only reason that the Bengals coach ain't fired yet, is that he made that team halfway decent, since before he got the job they sucked really bad.

Burfict went undrafted due to character concerns, and if he wasn't so good at football, he'll be in prison.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
The only reason that the Bengals coach ain't fired yet, is that he made that team halfway decent, since before he got the job they sucked really bad.

Burfict went undrafted due to character concerns, and if he wasn't so good at football, he'll be in prison.
Well, as seen with Ray Rice, being good at Football will not save you if your personal actions negatively impact the team.

K>C

kiwifarms.net
Well, as seen with Ray Rice, being good at Football will not save you if your personal actions negatively impact the team.
Well, Rice was on the decline and leaked his personal texts with the Ravens ownership to the media, which most likely caused him to blackballed.

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nowadays we hear lots of reports of sexist/misogynistic comments that actors or entertainment figures have supposedly made. Often times, these reports are blown way out of proportion, or the thing that's been said is actually pretty trivial. That's not always the case, however.

Enter Dirk Benedict, washed-up star of The A-Team and the original Battlestar Galactica. When the re-imagined series of Battlestar Galactica was announced, one of the big changes from the original show was that Starbuck (the character Dirk played in the original series) was now a woman. At first, Dirk seemed to be okay with the decision to make Starbuck female. There's a video of him having a friendly chat with Katee Sackhoff (the new Starbuck) and passing her a cigar as a "passing of the torch". He was even offered a few roles in the show, but turned them down.

About a year after the miniseries which started the new show aired though, Dirk penned an essay titled: "Starbuck: Lost in Castration". In it, he referred to Sackhoff's character as "Stardoe" and it continues on into one of the most sexist rants I've ever read. Here's a choice passage:

"Men hand out cigars. Women 'hand out' babies."

And here's the whole thing if you fancy a read.

It didn't stop there either. When confronted by a female fan at a convention on his sexism, he said the following:

"I meant everything I said. It was when men ruled the world. It was better [...] You know, we used to have a woman on the show? Remember that? She was actually the fifth 'pop' on the A-Team bubble. The network wanted her, but we got rid of her because she was annoying and because she was a pain and the network didn’t want to deal with her. It was better back then. She was useless and we didn’t need her. That was what it was like back then. It was a show full of guys, there weren’t any women."

It's a good thing this guy hasn't had a career since the 80s, because if he did, it would almost certainly be over.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
I'm just amazed at the lack of self-preservation instinct there, I mean, on some level you have to know, regardless of your politics, that SAYING that kind of stuff is career suicide, especially in the Twitter/FB era. I guess that goes to show you just how fragile and full of loathing their worldview is that they can't keep quiet about it when SURELY they have to know they're inviting a shitstorm. Or are they just so deluded, they assume everyone else feels the same way and will flock to their defense?

Ravenor

Purge.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How about a former celebrity horror cow? Random Task (Joe Son) from Austin Powers.

He's currently serving life for a long list of crimes horrifyingly this one stands out:
wikipedia said:
In October 2008, Son was charged by California authorities in relation to his participation in a 1990 gang rape. He was initially charged in Orange County, California, with five counts of rape, two felony counts of forcible sodomy, two felony counts of sodomy in concert by force, seven felony counts of forcible oral copulation, and one felony count of sexual penetration by foreign object by force. He faced a maximum sentence of 275 years to life if convicted
After raping and tourturing this woman this charming fellow had this to say:
Joe Son said:
'It's Christmas. This is your lucky day.'
Since he's been in prison this hasn't stopped him, He's now facing 1st Degree murder charges because he killed another inmate.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's a good thing this guy hasn't had a career since the 80s, because if he did, it would almost certainly be over.
This almost reminds me more of the assblasted comments George Lucas has made since the new Star Wars. He may be some kind of sexist but he sounds more angry and jealous that the reboot was better than the original.

I don't know if you remember the original Battlestar Galactica but it wasn't that fucking good.

Connor Bible

Inferior Enfant Terrible
kiwifarms.net
No mention of Josh Trank? His antics on the set of Fantastic Four (the one from last year) have already become infamous.

Reactions: Bluebird

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Trank has already earned comparisons to Michael Cimino, the guy that did The Deer Hunter and Heaven's Gate. Yet another case of what happens when a prima donna gets carte blanche to do what he likes behind the camera.
I'm not sure directors count here, but the tale of Michael Cimino's behavior on the set of Heaven's Gate is legendary, and if I get the time I'll write up a post about it.

(If that never happens, find yourself a copy of the Medved Brothers' Hollywood Hall of Shame; and yes, I know about Michael Medved's politics. These books are good in spite of them.)

Ravenor

Purge.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if you remember the original Battlestar Galactica but it wasn't that fucking good.
The new one however was superb, Dirk was really sour especially considering Richard Hatch (Apollo in the old Galactica, and Tom Zarek in the new series) was a fan favorite who's carrier got a second wind once he reapaerd in the series, he had fun with his roll as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Since directors apparently can count now (even though it was a lolcow who brought it up), here's what happened with Michael Cimino and Heaven's Gate:

* Given that The Deer Hunter was a big success, United Artists had given Cimino total creative control on the film he was set to make for them. This, as anyone who knows film history knows, almost never leads anywhere good.
* Cimino's dedication to his vision was such that six days into the project, they were five days behind schedule. He insisted on a ton of retakes - and not of important scenes, of stuff like the main character cracking his whip (which took 52 takes to get just right).
* And it wasn't just the retakes that he had to get just right, either; when he thought that one of the streets on the set looked too narrow he ordered both sides of the street torn down and rebuilt.
* The film is also partly the reason why "No animals were hurt in the making of this film" has to be placed at the end of movies. The American Humane Association alleged that a ton of animals were killed in the movie, and though the people involved denied much of it, some people admitted they accidentally blew up a horse.
* When Cimino wanted to shoot a prologue set at Harvard, they wouldn't let him shoot there. Neither would Yale, so he went over to Oxford to shoot it. This was about the only part of the film that came in on schedule.
* And to top it all off, the film's original running time was nearly five hours long - with a battle sequence an hour-and-a-half long. They managed to get him to at least cut another hour out of the film to make it a little more bearable.
* And there are more bits of the story that I haven't even written here...

This was the main reason why the New Hollywood period ended. It's hard not to see why.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In a nutshell: general uncommunicativeness/rudeness on set, several serious arguments with the cast, showing up for shooting drunk or high, causing damage to the estate that Fox rented out for him, throwing a temper tantrum about the production on 4chan, etc.
Wasn't he popping Xanax like candy?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino