Former Cuban president Fidel Castro dies aged 90 -

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net
Raúl has been in charge for the past eight years, which has definitely contributed to the acceleration of the Cuban Thaw because he hasn't held a lifetime grudge against the US.

Fidel on the other hand bitched about America and the US presidency until his death. If Fidel had ruled for longer, there would be no embassies between Cuba and the US as part of the progress Raúl has made towards reparations.]
After the Bay of Pigs and dozens of assassination attempts, I'm sure anyone would be a little bit pissed off.

Still, RIP - living that long against all odds is a miracle. Fidel surely had balls of titanium.
Hopefully things will be alright for Cuba and Cubans.

JFKdestroyer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was watching whatever Jimmy Fallon rerun was on tonight when NBC ran a ticker along the bottom of the screen announcing the news. That's when I realized the clever bastard went and died right when the US press could be caught with it's pants down: The Friday night after Thanksgiving. Most of the cable networks didn't even run their full primetime block tonight so they had to scramble to get people on this story. NBC's ticker literally just said "Full coverage tomorrow". The "usual" people who would be around to handle this kind of story during the day weren't, so you had stuff like this happen:

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
Why are Muricans so butthurt with Castro?
The fact that they couldn't beat him, a banana republic dictator living in their own backyard, was a serious affront to the largest military power in the world. Specially when said dictator outlived the USSR by decades and was more charismatic and competent than any of the mooks they had running puppet states all over the continent.

DuskEngine

watermelon seller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was watching whatever Jimmy Fallon rerun was on tonight when NBC ran a ticker along the bottom of the screen announcing the news. That's when I realized the clever bastard went and died right when the US press could be caught with it's pants down: The Friday night after Thanksgiving. Most of the cable networks didn't even run their full primetime block tonight so they had to scramble to get people on this story. NBC's ticker literally just said "Full coverage tomorrow". The "usual" people who would be around to handle this kind of story during the day weren't, so you had stuff like this happen:
CNN is shit and everything, but wow have they been missing the most basic things lately.

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
After the Bay of Pigs and dozens of assassination attempts, I'm sure anyone would be a little bit pissed off.

Still, RIP - living that long against all odds is a miracle. Fidel surely had balls of titanium.
Hopefully things will be alright for Cuba and Cubans.
I think the rough estimate is about 600 attempted assassinations, though obviously the majority were cancelled before he was ever in danger. Some of them were pretty bizarre and convoluted, too.

DerSandstrom

Gendergaseous Peter-pansexual
kiwifarms.net
With Raul officially in charge, I doubt there will be sweeping changes, but I do think Cuba's Communist days are numbered now.
Call me ignorant, but I thought Castro died a few years ago. I knew he was in a coma, but figured he was gone then.

A moment of silence to remember the gross incompetence of the Bay of Pigs invasion...

Army Burger

Rape Count: 1
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Basic proof-reading? Who needs that?

• Feels
Reactions: Trombonista
Tags
die raul rip

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino