Formula 1 Discussion - And favourite driver?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
I am waiting for the first team to dust of the old Brabham fan solution

staubsauger-fuer-die-strasse-brabham-bt46b-bekommt-einen-nachfolger-19060601.jpg

This will of course not happen but it would be funny.

JoseRaulChupacabra

Nanananana. Nanananana. Nanananana.
kiwifarms.net
He wants FIA to come crawling to him, cause he's the golden boy, the sacred face of their sport and they better remember that goddamnit and apologize to him.
No star is bigger than the scene. You can have a lot of pull, like rabid fans that will do your bidding, but everyone gets old and dies. The sport will move on. Today, Ali is remembered by Boomers who watched him and their children who heard stories of him. He'll eventually be relegated to the same status as Willie Pep and Jack Dempsey - legends in their own right but only really known to those who follow the Sweet Science.

Things Better Forgotten

kiwifarms.net
Niceties with the press aside, There's no way Sulayem isn't pissed about this. He's the new man in charge, and he's being stonewalled by a driver acting like a child. The memes of a stricter punishment like a race ban were funny before, but if Hambone keeps this up it could actually be a possibility. This is the perfect opportunity for Sulayem to lay down the law and show both drivers and teams that the clowning will cease, immediately. This is one of those moments that's going to set the tone for his entire tenure as President.

Full Race Replay

Hi my names Full Race Replay but you can call me F
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to see Alex Albon beat the shit out of Latifi this season. Poor guy got shafted by red bull just like all their other junior drivers who's names don't start with M and rhyme with "happen", and I remember he was being ridiculed in 2020. Hopefully this fresh start with lower stakes will let him shine.

RomanesEuntDomus

Sic Semper Tyrannis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Niceties with the press aside, There's no way Sulayem isn't pissed about this. He's the new man in charge, and he's being stonewalled by a driver acting like a child. The memes of a stricter punishment like a race ban were funny before, but if Hambone keeps this up it could actually be a possibility. This is the perfect opportunity for Sulayem to lay down the law and show both drivers and teams that the clowning will cease, immediately. This is one of those moments that's going to set the tone for his entire tenure as President.
If this was still Jean Todt, there might be room to go easy, but this Sulayem guy has to prove that he'll take care of business. He can't have someone treat him like an insignificant nobody at the start of his career. I mean, he can't bitchslap Hambone into obedience with draconian punishments either, but given the two options, I doubt he'd choose the one that makes him look weak and ineffectual.

Dude's the head of the most prestigious international racing organization in human history. Dude needs to lay down the law in a manner that makes clear he's not a pushover.

Things Better Forgotten

kiwifarms.net
If this was still Jean Todt, there might be room to go easy, but this Sulayem guy has to prove that he'll take care of business. He can't have someone treat him like an insignificant nobody at the start of his career. I mean, he can't bitchslap Hambone into obedience with draconian punishments either, but given the two options, I doubt he'd choose the one that makes him look weak and ineffectual.

Dude's the head of the most prestigious international racing organization in human history. Dude needs to lay down the law in a manner that makes clear he's not a pushover.

Whether or not Hamilton gets beat with Daddy Sulayem's belt is going to be entirely up to Hamilton at this point. He needs to realize that he's in a dangerous position, or someone at Mercedes needs to step in and make it abundantly clear that this is not the time to be pushing his luck.

If someone gets through to him (or wakes up and realizes he could be in very real trouble), he'll start answering those calls and explain his side of the story. He and Mercedes pay a substantial fine for all this nonsense and we get on with the 2022 season.

But if he's so high on his own farts that he thinks that they're going to just drop it because he's F1's darling baby boy, there's not going to be any option besides harsher measures.

RomanesEuntDomus

Sic Semper Tyrannis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Whether or not Hamilton gets beat with Daddy Sulayem's belt is going to be entirely up to Hamilton at this point. He needs to realize that he's in a dangerous position, or someone at Mercedes needs to step in and make it abundantly clear that this is not the time to be pushing his luck.

If someone gets through to him (or wakes up and realizes he could be in very real trouble), he'll start answering those calls and explain his side of the story. He and Mercedes pay a substantial fine for all this nonsense and we get on with the 2022 season.

But if he's so high on his own farts that he thinks that they're going to just drop it because he's F1's darling baby boy, there's not going to be any option besides harsher measures.
The fine is up either way for not showing up at the celebration like he's contractually obligated to. Refusing to talk to the proper authorities about it is where he crosses the line and there might be need for a more substantial punishment in addition to the fine.

The way I see it, the refusal to answer Sulayem is a much more severe infraction, since it's a direct disrespect to the head of FIA and FIA as a whole. I guess what FIA wants at the moment is for Hamilton to come forward and explain himself, before they can settle on a punishment (ie: fine). But since he's basically just snorting crack off a male hookers taint and crying to himself, he's making FIA look like fools if they don't do anything.

I assume no one in Mercedes is in a position to talk sense into Hamilton, since he's either surrounded by spineless yes-men, bootlickers and so on or people who simply have no power or sway over him. Maybe Toto could talk some sense into him, but I would not be surprised if Hamilton is willowing in his little sanctuary of self-pitty where even Toto can't burst into. Maybe Toto is even encouraging this bullshit cause they are too high on their own farts to contemplate how much this can fuck them over. If Hamilton gets a slappin' that makes him end F1, I motion to make him a honorary lolcow.

Last edited:

SargonF00t

Bewildered Ape is a Closeted Gay, after Green Card
kiwifarms.net
Well mercedes posted this to twitter (fun side note the comments section has practically none talking about the car, they're all still salty about losing).

View attachment 2854920

Someone in the comments did some playing around with settings and posted this.

View attachment 2854922

Can't tell much about it but the shape is very similar to the FIA mockup. Those front wing vortex reducers are going to be producing a lot of VSC/SCs those season when they end up sat on the track.
Do the 2022 cars have DRS?

RomanesEuntDomus

Sic Semper Tyrannis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, yes, since they don't know how racing with the new cars will turn out. I think they want to remove DRS if it turns out that the new cars don't need it like the old ones do.
AFAIK, it's the whole point of changing the cars so radically. Closer racing through corners and on straights with slipstream instead of dirty air will lead to better racing.

Kinda makes me wonder how the drivers will adapt to this new style... assuming it'll not just be like the recent past with artificial DRS overtakes galore.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, yes, since they don't know how racing with the new cars will turn out. I think they want to remove DRS if it turns out that the new cars don't need it like the old ones do.
AFAIK, it's the whole point of changing the cars so radically. Closer racing through corners and on straights with slipstream instead of dirty air will lead to better racing.

Kinda makes me wonder how the drivers will adapt to this new style... assuming it'll not just be like the recent past with artificial DRS overtakes galore.
Yes, though it's supposed to be about half as powerful as previous due to the lower drag/downforce design of the rear wings and a reduced opening size. It's like half way to phasing them out and Ross Brawn has said they can be gone as early as 2023 if 2022 shows early on they aren't needed (or are too powerful which is the worry as staying close should be easier).

Things Better Forgotten

kiwifarms.net
I just want Hamdouche to make the jump to NASCAR so I can watch him get punted off the track every Sunday by Joey Logano and the Busch brothers. That, and to see him inevitably cause a Big One at Dega.
It was mentioned earlier, but Hamilton in NASCAR would be like Danica 2.0.

In reality we all know he would never move to NASCAR or IndyCar, those are series where you cant lap the entire field because you've got a better car than them. Those are series where you have to earn your wins with skill and a little luck. The concept of such a level playing field is anathema to his royal majesty Lewis.

RomanesEuntDomus

Sic Semper Tyrannis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, though it's supposed to be about half as powerful as previous due to the lower drag/downforce design of the rear wings and a reduced opening size. It's like half way to phasing them out and Ross Brawn has said they can be gone as early as 2023 if 2022 shows early on they aren't needed (or are too powerful which is the worry as staying close should be easier).
Certain tracks last season already showed that DRS does barely anything, when the cars run a low-drag configuration on their rear wing anyway.
Chances are that DRS becomes irrelevant on two fronts: The effect is less notable, thus more easy to remove and on the other hand, it might become less necessary, since following closer to a car allows regular overtakes.

In general, DRS was always a crutch to balance out the terrible aero of the past decade. If I never see that in F1 again, I'll be a happy man.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In general, DRS was always a crutch to balance out the terrible aero of the past decade. If I never see that in F1 again, I'll be a happy man.
DRS was invented because Abu Dhabi is an awful track and Alonso got stuck behind a Russian road block. That's the entire reason it was introduced, because of the bitching over that season's result. That's right Abu Dhabi was (and it hasn't improved much) so bad it ruined the racing on every track.

I've long said the morons who crow about "number of overtakes" as if that defines how good a race is have no idea about the sport. I want Mansel/Senna defensive races back, that is a more exciting than a million DRS drive by. Perez's Hamilton defence at Abu Dhabi was better than 90% of this year's "overtakes" (and the face people are complaining about poor sportsmanship shows how far the fanbase has fallen). I want cleaver strategy calls that switch up the order (that have to take into account not just driving by other cars that are going long). Its like those who pull out the graph of on track overtakes per season to show how refusing era was worse because there were less, yeah because strategy played a massive role.

Is the douchbaggery coming home with sponsors (God I hate the express).

SmartSelect_20220105-133309_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20220105-133316_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-133324_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-133331_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-133339_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-133347_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-133355_Chrome.jpg

Also some more British "Dutch driver bad" nonsense:
Screenshot_20220105-134251_Brave.jpg

Sounds bad, who's warned him? Where is this coming from? Better follow the link:

SmartSelect_20220105-133619_Brave.jpg
OK most of a could rather than warned, still let's see the source:

SmartSelect_20220105-134420_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-134426_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-134437_Brave.jpgSmartSelect_20220105-134445_Brave.jpg

OK so standard fucking penalty points rule of the sport which have never been triggered and have other drivers facing the exact same. Don't see where the warning is or the singling out of Vestappen in the rules.

Let's go for the quickfire round:

Headline:
SmartSelect_20220105-134719_Brave.jpg

Sounds official. Story:
SmartSelect_20220105-134736_Brave.jpg

More bullshit of course, further down:
SmartSelect_20220105-135033_Brave.jpg

He hasn't told Masi shit, he's said it to some journalists. Let's check his relevance:
SmartSelect_20220105-134905_Brave.jpg
Yup...

So finally let's have a real story that got burried by yet another "Max bad, Hamilton missing presumed dead by Max's hand" story:

SmartSelect_20220105-135254_Brave.jpg
SmartSelect_20220105-135304_Brave.jpg

Did not expect that. Seemed a decent bloke in interviews and while they didn't have a great season he's always done a good job. I hope they get someone good to replace him, I want the Aston Martins right up there.

Last edited:

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is in a shitstorm over Lando revealing he gets laid. All kinds of fan girls are flipping their shit apparently! LOL

As for Otmar, he may have left due to AM signing Martin Whitmarsh to a role that would put him higher on the ladder than Otmar was.

Aston Martin hires former McLaren F1 team principal Whitmarsh​

Posted on 21st September 2021, 13:49 | Written by Keith Collantine

Aston Martin has recruited former McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh and tasked him with making their operation world championship contenders within five years.

The latest addition to the team’s recruitment drive brings two-and-a-half decades of experience earned at one of Formula 1’s top teams during its successful spell through the nineties and into the 2000s.

Whitmarsh, 63, held the positions of McLaren Group CEO and F1 team principal between 1989 and 2014. In addition to the team’s championship successes at the time with drivers including Ayrton Senna, Mika Hakkinen and Lewis Hamilton, it also expanded its business into the technology and automotive industries.
Aston Martin has hired him to serve as Group CEO for its Aston Martin Performance Technologies division. In addition to his F1 responsibilities Whitmarsh will also be involved in marketing the group’s products and capabilities across different industries. He will take over the role at the beginning of next month.

“Martin will enjoy senior leadership responsibility and will assist and support me in setting the new strategic direction for Aston Martin Performance Technologies and its subsidiaries,” said executive chairman Lawrence Stroll. Whitmarsh’s tasks will include transforming the team “into a Formula 1 world championship-winning organisation within the next four to five years, and evolving it into a £1 billion business over a similar time period.”

Martin has enjoyed a long, successful and high-profile career, spanning the motorsport, automotive, aerospace, marine and renewable-energy sectors” Stroll continued. “Moreover, he is a proven winner in Formula 1. He is therefore the ideal person for the job of working with me and our senior management team to lead and inspire our workforce to future success both on and off track.”

Whitmarsh said he is “utterly convinced” Stroll’s objective of becoming world championship contenders by 2026 is “an entirely achievable aim.”

“I have known and admired Lawrence for many years and I have always been extremely impressed by his formidable business acumen and his seemingly inexhaustible ambition,” said Whitmarsh. “Equally, I have always respected ‘Team Silverstone’, if I can call it that, which has often punched above its weight under its various previous incarnations, and which now has the weight with which to punch harder than ever before.”
“I know what it takes to win in Formula 1 and, inspired by Lawrence’s leadership and backed by the skill, passion and resolve of the workforce, I intend to do whatever I can to make sure that our team becomes the winning operation that Lawrence is determined that it should be,” he added.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh god not Whitmarsh, well that's my hopes of a killer Aston propelling Vettel to taking Hamilton's records gone. I wouldn't trust that guy to run a bath let alone and F1 team.

Practically everything the article credits with him was Ron Dennis, Whitmarsh was at the helm for the huge decline to the back of the grid. He was only team principal for 2009-2013.

I don't blame Otmar for bailing on that.

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That online racing calendar is now back for 2022! Looks like they have a discord and a dedicated website too. Links to all:

2022 Online Calendar

Website

Discord

In looking at the calendar they have so far, the upcoming races of note (for me anyway) are
January 14 - 24h Dubai
January 22 - 6h Dubai (also the Daytona stuff kicks off with IMSA Prototype race same day and IMSA Sportscar Qualifying race Jan 23)
January 22/23 - F4 UAE and Formula Regional Asia at Yas Marina
January 28-30 - Rolex 24h Daytona, FE R1 & R2 Diriyah and 2nd weekend for F4 UAE & FRA at Dubai

The only good thing about Arabs is they fill the gap for live racing action until March comes! LOLOL

Also, it won't be too long now for the '22 F1 cars start dropping and the testing gets underway. I am sure the testing will be livestreamed.

Happy new year everyone, let's hope we have great racing over all the series we each follow!

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is in a shitstorm over Lando revealing he gets laid. All kinds of fan girls are flipping their shit apparently! LOL

Simps heartbroken that their beloved public figure isn't actually their special person just for them. Tale as old as time.

Said before he has one of the worst fanbases in F1. If he ever becomes a champion watch them develop Kpop levels of devotion and insanity (still preferable to Hamilton's BLM Army tbf)

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am sure the testing will be livestreamed.
Unfortunately the first testing they've decided to not allow live video coverage to benefit a dead/dying medium.

SmartSelect_20220108-004224_Brave.jpg

So yeah fuck us and wanting the actually see the cars right. But hey you can read Will Buxton jacking off on Twitter about "that momet in F1" and other DTS soundbite bullshit.