Formula 1 Discussion - And favourite driver?

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
I’m not sure if anyone really believes HAM won’t race next year. The fact it’s all being done in lockstep with Mercedes, who in a real scenario would likely be very annoyed that they have an uncommitted driver with testing fast approaching, gives it away.

Sooner or later I think he’s going to get a rude awakening as to how unimportant he actually is. The media pretend he transcends the sport, yet he doesn’t have any profile outside of being on the racetrack - he’s not LeBron or Ronaldo or Messi. He’s been useful to F1 for marketing in America on account of being the Great Dindu Hope, but even if that goes when he goes F1 will live quite comfortably without it as it’s a global sport, and F1 can always lean in to their new Chinese driver to grow their brand in a different huge market.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m not sure if anyone really believes HAM won’t race next year.
Hey I can dream! I've been waiting his retirement since every dipshit in the country wouldn't shut the fuck up about him, so mid 2007.

even if that goes when he goes F1 will live quite comfortably without it as it’s a global sport, and F1 can always lean in to their new Chinese driver to grow their brand in a different huge market.
The Dutch fans are already outnumbering the hambone cock suckers at pretty much ever track, hence the thick orange fog. If Hamilton fucks off the second Russell or Norris start consistently winning the British fans (of the sport not the plastic Hamilton fans) and media will all be "Lewis who?".

If ferrari get their shit together then the place will be full of Italian and Spanish fans. If Haas somehow suddenly make it big well the sport was huge in Germany back in Schumacher Sr day plus Russia has a reasonable population.

There is no way F1 can lose except for if Hamilton stays and that merc is silly dominant again. Ain't no one outside of the moronic British "fans" want to see another merc wins everything with 2 British drivers. Plus despite what the media and social media would lead you to believe this theatrics is hurting Hamilton's support here, nothing will kill your popularity more as a British sports person than being an obviously poor sport.

The Grognard

kjeh kjeh räh
kiwifarms.net
I’m not sure if anyone really believes HAM won’t race next year. The fact it’s all being done in lockstep with Mercedes, who in a real scenario would likely be very annoyed that they have an uncommitted driver with testing fast approaching, gives it away.

Sooner or later I think he’s going to get a rude awakening as to how unimportant he actually is. The media pretend he transcends the sport, yet he doesn’t have any profile outside of being on the racetrack - he’s not LeBron or Ronaldo or Messi. He’s been useful to F1 for marketing in America on account of being the Great Dindu Hope, but even if that goes when he goes F1 will live quite comfortably without it as it’s a global sport, and F1 can always lean in to their new Chinese driver to grow their brand in a different huge market.
The only place where Hamilton is bigger than F1 are in the States and the less civilized parts of the UK. Rest of the world either actually likes F1 or finds their local driver to be the one worth rooting for.

acme

kiwifarms.net
this is deranged
Screenshot 2022-01-13 3.33.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-01-13 3.34.12 PM.png

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net

Considering they 'let' a black man win 7 titles, the first of which was won on the last corner of the last GP of the season, the white supremacist F1 are really fucking incompetent.

Obviously Basketball Americans are known for having no personality and not caring about anything unless black person is socking it to whitey (fucking sad that the guy quoted is an engineer and clearly has some smarts yet has reduced his entire personality to sucking Lewis' femboy cock), but I'm noticing there's a lot of South African Lewis fanboys as well.

Also, amusing from that same person:

1642111068439.png

Full Race Replay

or Full, for short
kiwifarms.net
i can't stand these plebs that have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to motorsport. They think it's like lewis is a singles tennis player out there with nothing but his own strength and shit. Mercedes was getting the shit beat out of them this season, until they put in an engine with only four races to go, and turned up the settings to wear the shit out of it over three races. Lewis didn't do shit.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing will ever be enough and every defeat or failure can ever only be explained with "BAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW WHITE PEOPLE MEAN!".
Fuck off. This is why you need to gatekeep the shit out of the things you like.

Considering they 'let' a black man win 7 titles, the first of which was won on the last corner of the last GP of the season, the white supremacist F1 are really fucking incompetent.

Obviously Basketball Americans are known for having no personality and not caring about anything unless black person is socking it to whitey (fucking sad that the guy quoted is an engineer and clearly has some smarts yet has reduced his entire personality to sucking Lewis' femboy cock), but I'm noticing there's a lot of South African Lewis fanboys as well.

Also, amusing from that same person:

View attachment 2884990
A virtual protest is a good idea since it aligns so neatly with me virtually giving no fucks.
Where's the protest to tell FIA to remind BLOOOwis that no pilot is bigger than the sport.

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For @RomanesEuntDomus- The F1 2022 Pre-Season WCC are Aston-Martin! 1st to set a launch date:

Aston Martin to launch AMR22 on February 10​

Posted on 14th January 2022, 9:27 | Written by Will Wood

Aston Martin have become the first Formula 1 team to announce a launch date for their 2022 car, the AMR22.

The team announced on Friday morning that the team’s newest car will be revealed on Thursday 10 February at the road car manufacturer’s headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire. The launch will also be streamed online for fans to watch.

Aston Martin are the first of the ten teams to formally announce a launch date for their 2022 car. Earlier this month, Mercedes teased their upcoming W13, with McLaren also posting glimpses of their new car on social media. AlphaTauri announced on Wednesday that their chassis for the new season had passed its FIA-mandated crash safety test.

Drivers Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel will race for Aston Martin again in 2022. The team – rebranding from Racing Point for the 2021 season – finished seventh in the constructors’ championship with 77 points and one podium finish. Aston Martin have announced that following the recent departure of CEO Otmar Szafnauer from the team, former BMW head of motorsport Mike Krack will take over the role of team principal.

The 2022 season sees a drastic overhaul of technical regulations designed to improve racing in Formula 1 by making cars easier to follow rivals by reducing the dirty air effect. The regulations were intended to be introduced last season, but were delayed by a year due to concerns over the impact of the Covid pandemic on the championship.

This season will also be the longest in the history of the sport, at 23 scheduled races. Pre-season testing for the 2022 F1 season will begin with a three day test at Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya on February 23. The season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix takes place on 18 March.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For @RomanesEuntDomus- The F1 2022 Pre-Season WCC are Aston-Martin! 1st to set a launch date:

Aston Martin to launch AMR22 on February 10​

Posted on 14th January 2022, 9:27 | Written by Will Wood

Aston Martin have become the first Formula 1 team to announce a launch date for their 2022 car, the AMR22.

The team announced on Friday morning that the team’s newest car will be revealed on Thursday 10 February at the road car manufacturer’s headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire. The launch will also be streamed online for fans to watch.

Aston Martin are the first of the ten teams to formally announce a launch date for their 2022 car. Earlier this month, Mercedes teased their upcoming W13, with McLaren also posting glimpses of their new car on social media. AlphaTauri announced on Wednesday that their chassis for the new season had passed its FIA-mandated crash safety test.

Drivers Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel will race for Aston Martin again in 2022. The team – rebranding from Racing Point for the 2021 season – finished seventh in the constructors’ championship with 77 points and one podium finish. Aston Martin have announced that following the recent departure of CEO Otmar Szafnauer from the team, former BMW head of motorsport Mike Krack will take over the role of team principal.

The 2022 season sees a drastic overhaul of technical regulations designed to improve racing in Formula 1 by making cars easier to follow rivals by reducing the dirty air effect. The regulations were intended to be introduced last season, but were delayed by a year due to concerns over the impact of the Covid pandemic on the championship.

This season will also be the longest in the history of the sport, at 23 scheduled races. Pre-season testing for the 2022 F1 season will begin with a three day test at Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya on February 23. The season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix takes place on 18 March.
Oooh boy. Thanks for tagging me!

God I am so looking forward to next season. I mean, after the utter insanity of 2021, nothing will be able to compare, but the new look of the '22 cars, now that's something to shake up F1 from a visual point of view.

I really hope AM will go with a lighter green on their livery this season! I still think they should go full vintage look and put the driver's numbers in bold black stencil over a white circle on a snappy green livery.

Hard Toothbrush

Yung Yang
kiwifarms.net
I miss the really vibrant colors on the grid, when I'd read that Racing Point were going to be pink I laughed but they looked surprisingly nice. I wish we'd see the likes of Renault 2010 livery or some bright green one, now it all blends together IMO (tho it's still better than the early 2010s when every car was either white+smeared shit or dark+smeared shit)

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish we'd see the likes of Renault 2010 livery
I see you are a man of fine upbringing, wisdom and culture, to bring up such a splendid livery!

It's a damn shame so many cars just have this dark grey, dark green, dark blue color, they look so similar from most angles. McLaren, Ferrari and Alpine at least stood out, but a lot of other cars just sorta form this huge dark blob when watching a start.

Vibrant, bold colors. Damn that would be fine. Like a skyblue for alpine, maybe a car in a sunny yellow, silver arrows that are actually silver, stuff like that. FFS wouldn't it be utterly amazing if Mercedes went for a partially chromed look?

Why wouldn't you go for a vibrant livery in F1? You want your car to stand out, so the sponsors are happy when you draw attention to their ads on your car.

Full Race Replay

or Full, for short
kiwifarms.net
Since we're talking liveries, I'll include some of my favorites

Jacques_Villeneuve_1996.jpg
iu-2.jpeg
alpha-tauri-2020.jpg
03f6bdef11b51ae1dd9179a6cbed7988.jpg
1484670162731.jpg

The final mcclaren marbolo red/white livery. I remember being shocked to learn that for the 1996 car they put a big pad in the middle of the steering wheel to cushion the driver's head when it was flung forward in a crash. Williams F1 Rothmans mid 90s liveries are my pick for simply the best ever, 1995 Benneton is a close second. That 2008 BMW is iconic, with all its bodywork. And yes, the 2020 alpha tauri is also on the shortlist for greatest livery ever (but it would look better without the halo)...the black and white contrast was stunning, but the 2021 was a step down with its dark blue.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In terms of livery I want something like this again

View attachment 2890667
View attachment 2890668

The early 90's had some beautiful cars and liveries.
As impressive as aerodynamic bodywork is nowadays with all those flaps and winglets controlling the tiniest stream of air in meticulous manner to optimize the car's performance, the clean, straightforward look of these old cars is just way cooler.
No matter how amazing the engineering behind a modern F1 car is, the cheesegrater look just isn't for me.