Fornite Dance classes are here to keep your kids active this summer - On a lighter note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medicated

Pedophile
kiwifarms.net
5b6421cb200000dd02378d99.jpeg

5b642de1200000de02378daf.jpeg

With the average child estimated to spend just 38 minutes a day outside this summer, parents might be scratching their heads as to how they can keep them active.

Enter Fortnite dance classes. David Lloyd gyms are putting on themed fitness classes over the summer holidays, which means kids and teens get to learn the dance moves that appear in the popular game and combine them into a routine.

The Emote Royale class - ‘emote’ is the name given to the victory dances featured in the game - uses the popularity of Fortnite as a way to make children want to get active, rather than it being seen as a chore.

It is currently available at 30 gyms across the UK and was developed alongside a team of 12-year-olds.

On arrival, a Fortnite-themed soundtrack plays and participants begin to tackle 12 dances inspired by the game including the floss, orange justice, take the L, the wiggle, best mates, jubilation, hype, flapper, fresh, boneless, the worm and the robot.

Starting with the easiest moves – the wiggle, best mates and jubilation – the class moves on to help kids learn the notoriously difficult ‘floss’ and ‘robot’ dances.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...ctive-this-summer_uk_5b641ebce4b0fd5c73d86573

Hux

kiwifarms.net
These poor kids are going to get bullied every day of their high school lives and they're going to spend their college lives entirely without sex if they're lucky enough to make it that far

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DVjxKntVwAAOght.jpg

Ya know it really is liberating when you wake up in the morning and actively hope the whole world just fucking burns before your eyes that day

Mike_Oxenfyre

Did not read T&Cs
kiwifarms.net
This is great. I'm serious.

The hardest part of getting someone involved in anything is interest. There is no chance that a parent could convince 90% of these kids to go to a salsa or ballroom or urban class. But if they do this, beyond the simple aerobic exercise, they are meeting dance professionals and PTs. They are also discovering that they can learn to dance - that 'confidence' thing teachers bang on about.

Fortnite will be forgotten in two years. They will never do the dances again (until 2035 when Fortnite nostalgia is a thing). But they will have seen the inside of a dance studio, and in a few years might call back. Especially when they discover how much a bit of flamenco adds to your game.

These people know what they're doing.

Inklings

kiwifarms.net
It's not a bad thing I suppose but I just find it weird how this makes it seem like dancing was obscure or simply didn't exist before Fortnite

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
This is great. I'm serious.(snip)

I’m with you on this one. As cringe as the concept of a Fortnite dance class is, it’s still getting kids to get off their asses and doing some good ol’ physical activity. And chances are most of these kids are gonna take this one class and never dance again. But who knows, maybe one kid will find out he really likes it and actually take it more seriously, like you mentioned.

If you’re getting kids to actually exercise by incorporating it into a topic that they relate to, how exactly is that a *bad* thing? As far as I’m concerned, the kids are the real winners here. They get to have some fun and get some exercise, and I highly doubt they give a shit that some idiots on the Internet think they’re cringey.

Status
Not open for further replies.