Fortnite Youtuber FaZe Jarvis Banned For Cheating, Ninja Defends Him “You Ban A Content Creator, You Ruin His Life” - Only you filthy plebs who donate to me should be banned for life!

What should his punishment be?

• Hang him!

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • Burn him!

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Draw and quarter!

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • *Ninja's voice* I say we let him go.

Votes: 18 21.2%

• Total voters
you know how youtubers all talk in the same cadence? similar to how podcasts all mimic the NPR voice, but more energetic and pretend off the cuff. these apology videos are all weirdly similar to me. there's always the beat where they break down, then pause to take a loud breath and collect themselves. it is the formula for sincerity to youtube socialized kids.

anyway this all will just signal boost his channel. I'm annoyed I've heard of this person now.

the autist of dojima

6 words, enought to derail anything you post
kiwifarms.net
you know how youtubers all talk in the same cadence? similar to how podcasts all mimic the NPR voice, but more energetic and pretend off the cuff. these apology videos are all weirdly similar to me. there's always the beat where they break down, then pause to take a loud breath and collect themselves. it is the formula for sincerity to youtube socialized kids.

anyway this all will just signal boost his channel. I'm annoyed I've heard of this person now.
99% of apology videos manage to make them look like a bunch of autistic psychopaths

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

What gets me is the constant cuts throughout these vids. It’s all so blatantly scripted and insincere.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Ninja raises some good point and the kid probably deserves a lighter sentence than a perma-ban on all accounts, but clearly Epic has an investment in making sure that "Streamer using an aimbot for trolling/fun" doesn't become the new trend in Fortnite.

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
Ninja raises some good point and the kid probably deserves a lighter sentence than a perma-ban on all accounts, but clearly Epic has an investment in making sure that "Streamer using an aimbot for trolling/fun" doesn't become the new trend in Fortnite.
you aimbot you get banned, why would fortnite or "I'm a streamer I'm above the rules" be any different?

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
you aimbot you get banned, why would fortnite or "I'm a streamer I'm above the rules" be any different?
Because he's getting shit on harder by the same rules just because he's a "known" "content creator".

If I aimbot in Fortnite, I would get my account banned (maybe) and that's the end of it. I could make a new, free, account and play again in ~15 minutes. I also would still be 100% free to try and compete in official Fortnite competitions with hilariously large cash prizes.

He, because he's a "content creator", doesn't have those options. He isn't allowed to make a new account (they banned his burner account AND his real account) and if he does try and circumvent the ban and stream they'll just catch him very easily. He also isn't allowed to compete in any fortnite money events because Epic knows who he is and banned him from those also.

Additionally, if he pushes it, Epic could contact what is essentially his employer (Twitch or Mixer, whatever he uses) and get him in trouble there, which would really be crossing a line but developers/publishers have done that shit before.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished, but he's getting it harder than I would by a large margin. I've never been banned from a video game and then had to worry about my job as a result - and my job doesn't pay seven figures a year.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because he's getting shit on harder by the same rules just because he's a "known" "content creator".

If I aimbot in Fortnite, I would get my account banned (maybe) and that's the end of it. I could make a new, free, account and play again in ~15 minutes. I also would still be 100% free to try and compete in official Fortnite competitions with hilariously large cash prizes.

He, because he's a "content creator", doesn't have those options. He isn't allowed to make a new account (they banned his burner account AND his real account) and if he does try and circumvent the ban and stream they'll just catch him very easily. He also isn't allowed to compete in any fortnite money events because Epic knows who he is and banned him from those also.

Additionally, if he pushes it, Epic could contact what is essentially his employer (Twitch or Mixer, whatever he uses) and get him in trouble there, which would really be crossing a line but developers/publishers have done that shit before.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished, but he's getting it harder than I would by a large margin. I've never been banned from a video game and then had to worry about my job as a result - and my job doesn't pay seven figures a year.
If you messaged your IP to Epic and said "hey, I'm gonna use another account", they'd probably ban that account too. That's no different from what this kid is doing, especially considering he makes money off of it.

Fuck content creators who think they're above the law because they get paid to do shit. Cheating is a perma-ban, this is consistent across all online games. Play another game.

Wilhelm Bittrich

Justice and free helicopter rides for all
kiwifarms.net
IMHO, it's more about " we have to assure that aimbotting doesn't become a problem in Fortnite e-sports events".
Sure, it can be debated if the sentence was to harsh, but to be honest, if I were a e-sports event manager I wouldn't invite him to future events, regardless of the sentence just because of the risk he could be aimbotting.
If e-sports wants to be taken serious, then the sentence makes sense. You don't get a slap on the wrist when caught juicing up during the olympics either.
Actions have consequences, maybe some of these e-sports autists have missed that memo, go ask Lance Armstrong about it, it's really that simple.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If your job is getting paid seven figures a year to play a video game, shouldn't you understand better than any other player that you have the most to lose by cheating?

What makes you think you or any of us wouldn't get permabanned if we got caught aimbotting, anyway?

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
IMHO, it's more about " we have to assure that aimbotting doesn't become a problem in Fortnite e-sports events".
Sure, it can be debated if the sentence was to harsh, but to be honest, if I were a e-sports event manager I wouldn't invite him to future events, regardless of the sentence just because of the risk he could be aimbotting.
If e-sports wants to be taken serious, then the sentence makes sense. You don't get a slap on the wrist when caught juicing up during the olympics either.
Actions have consequences, maybe some of these e-sports autists have missed that memo, go ask Lance Armstrong about it, it's really that simple.
I don't disagre with your idea, but the idea of asking Lance Armstrong, who cheated and made piles of cash for like a decade might not be the metaphor you're looking for. Lance Armstrong also cheating in competitions and wasn't intentionally fucking around with an aimbot for a stream audience.

Cheating is a perma-ban, this is consistent across all online games. Play another game.
What makes you think you or any of us wouldn't get permabanned if we got caught aimbotting, anyway?
But it isn't consistent and people cheat all of the time in video games.

SEMPHIS (a counter strike player) admitted that he takes adderral for a competitive advantage (and suggested that everyone does) and recieved nothing resembling a ban - and he's actually potentially cheating in competitions as opposed to aimbot trolling on a burner account. There are several hundred different version of this story across multiple games.

Quackbot (a Marvel vs player) literally cheated in Canada Cup 2017 by entering the tournament multiple times (via his friends) and when he got eliminated - he would just come back under a different name. When he was found out (only because he gave "finger guns" to a camera), nearly half of the tournament had to be replayed. He did recieve a ban from Canada Cup, but he is not banned from any Capcom game nor is he banned from any other Capcom Pro Tour events despite the fact that Canada Cup is a "premier Capcom Pro Tour" event.

The punishment that Jarvis is getting hit with is harder than any I've seen and considering his cheating could be filed under "trolling" as it wasn't during any actual competition, it feels really needlessly severe. I would be much more inclined to agree if he a) didn't expressly state he was aimbotting for the lulz and b) did this at a tournment/pro event of any kind, but he didn't.

• Dumb
Reactions: Colloid

Wilhelm Bittrich

Justice and free helicopter rides for all
kiwifarms.net
I would be much more inclined to agree if he a) didn't expressly state he was aimbotting for the lulz and b) did this at a tournment/pro event of any kind, but he didn't.
E-sports dipshit: I just did it for the lulz!
Epic Games: "he who lol'd last lol'd longest"
:story:

Reactions: kcbbq

Jean Lafitte 1812

kiwifarms.net
Ninja is exceptional as fuck here. A few years would be more appropriate imo, but Jarvis should be punished specifically because he's a content creator who could encourage more people cheating in the game. It was a stupid idea nonetheless, especially since Epic has a history of trying to rake teenagers over the coals for cheating in the game. In actuality Jarvis got off light just getting banned.

And Jarvis' life isn't ruined: he has enough money at 17 to live on for 5-10 years minimum if he plays it right, plus a wildly popular online presence that he can jump to another game with when all this dies down. Sure it won't be as popular thanks to YouTube's obsession with putting Fortnite on trending, but an established channel doesn't need that.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But it isn't consistent and people cheat all of the time in video games.

SEMPHIS (a counter strike player) admitted that he takes adderral for a competitive advantage (and suggested that everyone does) and recieved nothing resembling a ban - and he's actually potentially cheating in competitions as opposed to aimbot trolling on a burner account. There are several hundred different version of this story across multiple games.

Quackbot (a Marvel vs player) literally cheated in Canada Cup 2017 by entering the tournament multiple times (via his friends) and when he got eliminated - he would just come back under a different name. When he was found out (only because he gave "finger guns" to a camera), nearly half of the tournament had to be replayed. He did recieve a ban from Canada Cup, but he is not banned from any Capcom game nor is he banned from any other Capcom Pro Tour events despite the fact that Canada Cup is a "premier Capcom Pro Tour" event.

The punishment that Jarvis is getting hit with is harder than any I've seen and considering his cheating could be filed under "trolling" as it wasn't during any actual competition, it feels really needlessly severe. I would be much more inclined to agree if he a) didn't expressly state he was aimbotting for the lulz and b) did this at a tournment/pro event of any kind, but he didn't.
None of that is getting caught using an aimbot while playing a game, so I don't even know why you're bringing it up. Using a cheat program is, once again, always a permaban. He didn't get punished any more than a normal player, because anyone stating in public that they're creating new accounts after getting banned will get hunted down and have their new account banned. You're doing exactly what Ninja was doing, using completely different situations and companies to justify this.

Colloid

This is the baby sun now. Feel old yet?
kiwifarms.net
The punishment that Jarvis is getting hit with is harder than any I've seen and considering his cheating could be filed under "trolling" as it wasn't during any actual competition, it feels really needlessly severe.
That speaks more about how unprofessionally regulated esports are overall than anything else. I know pro sports in general aren't good at keeping out cheaters, but they should at least act like they care when a big name gets caught.
I would be much more inclined to agree if he a) didn't expressly state he was aimbotting for the lulz and b) did this at a tournment/pro event of any kind, but he didn't.
Oh okay, so it's fine to not get permabanned for cheating if you're a content creator making a funny video on pub match. Are you fucking serious? That's one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard. Why should Epic or any company give a damn about context for aimbotting when it's easier long-term to go full zero-tolerance and make an example out of someone when something big like this happens?

Reactions: The Last Stand

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
None of that is getting caught using an aimbot while playing a game, so I don't even know why you're bringing it up. Using a cheat program is, once again, always a permaban. He didn't get punished any more than a normal player, because anyone stating in public that they're creating new accounts after getting banned will get hunted down and have their new account banned. You're doing exactly what Ninja was doing, using completely different situations and companies to justify this.
It's not "completely different situations" - the two examples I used are people who were actually cheating during professional matches where money was on the line - something I would argue that's way worse than expressly cheating in a public match - and citing the punishment they received.

Again, Jarvis wasn't caught cheating - he literally goes "I'm turning on hacks" and shows off the hacks. He literally goes on to say "Just to say, no one should actually uses these hacks - I'm using a throwaway account but they will probably ban it". It's not the smartest idea, but it is actually kind of interesting that that he was able to show that the Aimbot doesn't show up to streamers when the user is streaming.

He's literally yelling "I've got an aimbot!" while shooting people he cannot see across the map, which to me isn't serious cheating (compared to the examples I gave where people were literally trying to cheat for money) and probably shouldn't get a lifetime ban from any version of the game.

That's one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard. Why should Epic or any company give a damn about context for aimbotting when it's easier long-term to go full zero-tolerance and make an example out of someone when something big like this happens?
Don't get me wrong, I totally get why Epic would put out the punishment they did. It doesn't (to me alone apparently) make it any less needlessly severe.

Additionally, you could also make an argument that going full zero-tolerance over minor infractions on a young "content creator" when most of Fortnite's audience and demographics are young players and apsiring "content creators" might not be a great long term strategy - especially when other games are much more lax about it. Especially when people are still mad about Blizzard doing a very similar thing to one if their players.

EDIT - But if you guys want an example of the severity, this year two fortnite players were caught cheating in the qualifiers for the Fortnite Cup (a $30,000,000) tournament - thier punishment? A two-week competitive ban - they didn't even lose their previous qualification points. They both kept thier minimum $50,000 cash prizes.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino