Free (for a year) .space, .online, .site domains (+more?) -

God

Him, the Almighty Power
kiwifarms.net
If you don't speak French use Google Translate.
I registered two domains on the same account and didn't pay anything, not sure if there's a limit to how many domains you can take.

Registrar: https://amen.fr/

Use some fake info or some bullshit. Use a temporary email.

Aquinas

https://i.imgur.com/l3EkPBg.png
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, this company doesnt really seem that good.
Atleast per this sites reviews

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
.site is a garbage and confusing TLD anyway. Normies won't get it.

garakfan69

Please be patient, I have idiocy
kiwifarms.net
Why do that when you can just got to Neocities and build yourself a nice website.
But that doesn't give you a tld. All cool sites need a tld.

Anything else is just unprofessional.
Visit my .tk website (do they still offer free tk domains?) pointing to my geocities account for all the best skull gifs.

God

Him, the Almighty Power
kiwifarms.net
Never trust a "free" domain, unless you are ready to get raped in the long-term. These offers have a tendency to get really expensive after a while, or if you reach a certain amount of traffic.
Yeah, I know. My plan for them is to make a shitty website for a year then leave.
Thought others would get that, should have clarified. My bad.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot I clarified in the title already.

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
But that doesn't give you a tld. All cool sites need a tld.
Maybe this is just another one of those superficial things, but I really don't get what's the big deal about a website that ends in something other than .com/.net/.org etc other than the fact that it's not what everyone else uses. So what if your url ends in .site or whatever, isn't the content of the page itself what matters?

• Agree
Reactions: SSF2T Old User

Spedestrian

Based and Scrabblepilled
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe this is just another one of those superficial things, but I really don't get what's the big deal about a website that ends in something other than .com/.net/.org etc other than the fact that it's not what everyone else uses. So what if your url ends in .site or whatever, isn't the content of the page itself what matters?
It matters because for every TLD there are a limited number of domain names that are unique, memorable, and short enough to be worthwhile. By 2013 literally every possible 4 letter domain on .com had already been registered. In many cases the people who own these domains don't even use them, they just squat on them indefinitely until somebody offers to buy them at an exorbitant price. I haven't checked to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that domains consisting of a single English words are in a similar situation on .com and the other old TLDs. Like, there's a reason why Twitch started out as twitch.tv and didn't get twitch.com until Amazon acquired them. Unless you're a rich boomer or a corporation then trying to get a .com that people can actually remember or even pronounce is a complete crapshoot.

The point of introducing new TLDs was to keep domain names sane and accessible. One of the main reasons we even have domain names is that they're easier to remember than the IP addresses our computers actually use to connect to each other. The moment they become less memorable than a string of 4-12 arbitrary digits they become effectively useless.

Further, there are tons of companies in the real world that use the same name without ever butting heads because they're in different industries or different locations. You could have a Kansas plumbing company called "Scatman's World" without ever stepping on the toes of someone in New Orleans who owns a jazz club with the exact same name. But on the Internet there can only be one scatmansworld.com, so now everyone who uses that name is in direct competition and will be shit out of luck unless they get the name first or can afford to buy it from the current owner. With more TLDs people can continue to coexist peacefully. You might own scatmansworld.com, but the New Orleans club guy can still register scatmansworld.club without having to rebrand or pick something annoyingly similar like scatmans-world.com. If there's some other worldly scatman just trying to get a decent domain name, maybe he realizes that scatmans.world is available and is able to carve out his niche without running into either you or the New Orleans guy.

Basically new TLDs exist because nobody wants to be forced to rebrand or to register a shitty domain like thetrueandhonestofficialscatmansworldofruckersvillevirginiaestablished1998.com.

Reactions: God
Tags
None