Free game giveaways and other stuff you notice. -

Adolf Von Merkel

kiwifarms.net
subnautica is free through the epic games store for the next 2 weeks. not sure if it'll be like a trial free where you get to play the game for the 2 weeks or you get to keep it but it doesnt matter that much because 2 weeks is usually enough time to beat the game
Thanks for this.
Seems like it isn't a trial and after the two weeks deal, Super Meat boy will be free for a limited time.Don't know if their doing something like the EA treehouse.

shartshooter

kiwifarms.net
Thanks for this. I've been wanting to try this game for awhile, but was hesitant to purchase., cuz this genre of game is very hit or miss.
I didn't buy it because the dev is an anti-gun sperg and I am a super pro-gun sperg. The Epic store says they're giving away a game every two weeks which is interesting. Free games probably is the fastest way to get people installing the launcher. Edit- Also I still have Shadow Complex from a giveaway a year or two ago, so I assume you get to keep it.

Luigi

kiwifarms.net
subnautica is free through the epic games store for the next 2 weeks. not sure if it'll be like a trial free where you get to play the game for the 2 weeks or you get to keep it but it doesnt matter that much because 2 weeks is usually enough time to beat the game
Thank god you don't even need to install their launcher to add it to your account. I strongly dislike the dev of this game but I guess if it's free there's no reason not to grab a key.

LulzKiller

kiwifarms.net
What is this exceptional anti-epic games shit? Last I heard Communists like centralising things onto one distributor, not competition and free markets. You guys are exceptional.
it's more due to concerns over what Tencent will do with our data, when the TOS explicitly states

“We may share personal information we collect within our family of companies. We also will share information with service providers that perform services on our behalf and under our instructions. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with advertisers and other marketing partners for purposes of gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies.

“If you purchase a game from the Epic Games store, we may share your information with the developer or publisher of the game to support your gameplay and permit them to contact you for appropriate purposes.”
“As part of our international operations, we may transfer information about you to any jurisdiction where we do business. When you use our websites, games, game engines, or applications, you acknowledge that we may transfer information about you as described in this policy.

“We will transfer your personal information for any of the purposes identified in this policy to our subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, and business partners that may be located outside of the jurisdiction where you are located. The laws in those jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the laws in your country. However, we will treat your personal information as subject to the protections described in this policy. “
https://archive.fo/uLe7a

Desire Lines

cheese afficionado
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do people honestly trust Valve more than the Epic Games store? That TOS is pretty typical, and while Tencent is a shitty company I highly doubt they'll take any risks during the launch of a platform that is supposed to compete with Steam. Also more competition = a better market, you dorks!

Reactions: shartshooter
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino