Free game giveaways and other stuff you notice. -

Screw Danlon

Saeba-punk
kiwifarms.net
I bought 2 - 1 for a friend, 1 for me.

some seriously good stuff that I already own or had my eye on in there.
Odd Realm’s a decent Dwarf Fort clone.
Super Hexagon is good
I wanted to try Depth of Extinction, Haque and Midboss, but they never went below $8 each.

But there’s also a ton of stuff in there that’s probably never sold anyway, so it’s no loss to donate...
Like, who wanted to play a post-apocalyptic visual novel about a bunch of ugly hipsters? Or “Social Interaction Trainer”?

also a “””game“”” with just the description“messy gender uncertainty”...

• Agree
Reactions: An Ghost

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Some people are leaving 1 star reviews because the free gibs link doesn't work :story:
What's the problem? I didn't use the link, just opened the client and searched for it, then clicked through to the giveaway page, clicked get it for free, got it for free.

Brain Power

No fighting in the shop! Take it outside!
kiwifarms.net
What's the problem? I didn't use the link, just opened the client and searched for it, then clicked through to the giveaway page, clicked get it for free, got it for free.
I think there was a problem with the servers, and the site was temporarily down. They fixed it now, but at least for me, the game took longer than usual to show up on my library.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
Protip: EVERY game is free, when you Sail the Open Seas
Not every game. Some are so garbage the release groups don't even bother now that Steam will accept anything that pays the 100$ tithe and platforms like itch exist.

I've noticed digging through that 5$ bundle that the items seem to be listed in order of popularity. Going to page 50+ turns up some really hilarious woke garbage, but there are a few gems down there like the original-release soundtracks to both Binding of Isaac (before it got weirdly remixed for the DLC) and Super Meat Boy.

It amuses me that even when the price is dropped to zero the woke stuff isn't getting much attention compared to games with actual gameplay. Signs of the Sojurner is pretty high up on the woke scale with tons of ''representation'' and nonbinary characters and such yet it's hovering fairly high up due to being an actual game with an interesting gameplay loop rather than constant fart-huffing that pushes its morals in your face.

Last edited:

An Ghost

Spectral distancing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
S'good bundle. I played a handful of them yesterday with my SO. $5 is the exact right price for a bin of games you can spend 10-20 minutes playing. Just like how every corporation feels it necessary to put in their 2 cents about blm, all these developers did too.
Humble bundle's reliance on steam makes me think they wont do one but fingers crossed.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
????????????????????
It's been almost 10 years but iirc when Wrath of the Lamb came out a bunch of music got added/remixed and some of the older songs got displaced or disabled. I remember there being drama over it (and looking up the OST on youtube still turns up people who are mad about it) but I can't remember if there was a reason given for it happening or if it was eventually reverted before the remake came out. I just remember Sacrificial getting replaced with Penance.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The free Jak 4 redemption codes have gone out, check your mailboxes if you bought the physical LR editions of the Jak Trilogy and Jak X Racing.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've just checked and I haven't bought a game on GOG since 2015 and got 20+ games in my collection since then. Madness.
I've got 58 games there, never spent a dime, though I always grab whatever freebies they have and occasionally check www.gog.com/connect for free copies of random Steam games I already have.

Humble bundle's reliance on steam makes me think they wont do one but fingers crossed.
They did https://www.humblebundle.com/fight-for-racial-justice-bundle but it's $30

The games actually come with Steam keys, but it's not a great selection. Mostly older stuff that you've probably already bought if you ever cared. The selection of books is painfully cringeworthy. Since Humble Bundle wipes what was in older bundles from their pages, here's a screenshot. Second screenshot is the top 99 donors (one guy contributed $20k, jfc)

Attachments

Tags
None