Free game giveaways and other stuff you notice. -

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
You have no ideia how your idea will back fire. No money from "third world" no exclusive servers for them and you will see the truly how a server will go downhill.
Someone call National Geographic, a fucking Rainforest Monkey learned how to type.
d90.jpg

skeng

MJRUNSHIT
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sega is giving away Nights into Dreams on steam
It doesn't stop there for SEGA's 60th anniversary either.

- Company of Heroes 2 95% off, plus a free DLC off their site
- free Total War: Shogun 2 map
- free Steam profile items for watching their broadcast for a little while (profile background, mini background, animated avatar and avatar frame)
- free limited-time-only crossover games being released one at a time throughout the next few days (Armor of Heroes, Endless Zone, Streets of Kamurocho, Golden Axed)
- bunch of other goods available as a "Weekly Content Drop" on their main site (week 1 being the actual Steam sales week)
- shitload of other sales (full search list)

Inflatable Julay

Bing bing wahoo
kiwifarms.net

- free Steam profile items for watching their broadcast for a little while (profile background, mini background, animated avatar and avatar frame)
- free limited-time-only crossover games being released one at a time throughout the next few days (Armor of Heroes, Endless Zone, Streets of Kamurocho, Golden Axed)
- bunch of other goods available as a "Weekly Content Drop" on their main site (week 1 being the actual Steam sales week)

On the 18th they will also be dropping an unfinished 2.5d Golden Axe prototype, only available for a day or so.

e: I'm an idiot that was in your post

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
On the 18th they will also be dropping an unfinished 2.5d Golden Axe prototype, only available for a day or so.

e: I'm an idiot that was in your post
Thanks for that.
99% of these games are a solid 'no thanks' from me. Regardless of price/free.

HOWEVER, Golden Axe is my bae (1 NOT 2). I fucking dumped armloads of quarters into that title. Loved it.

Reactions: Inflatable Julay

Just_a_Bored_Guy

World's Bestest Devil
kiwifarms.net

Sweet, I love Fantasy Zone.

Ex Cummunicated Sasser HD

Sláinte!!!
kiwifarms.net
Sweet, I love Fantasy Zone.
Did you play the remake a good few years back of FZ2 that used system 16 arcade hardware? It was pretty damn decent. It was originally for PS2 but the system 16 roms are not hard to find and work great on MAME. Probably the best in the series. First time ever a port of a Master System game was made into a full arcade version.

edit: There is more to come from this Sega 60th on Steam. I know, my uncle works for Nintendo. (Seriously though, there are a few things that have not been mentioned yet).

Just_a_Bored_Guy

World's Bestest Devil
kiwifarms.net
Did you play the remake a good few years back of FZ2 that used system 16 arcade hardware? It was pretty damn decent. It was originally for PS2 but the system 16 roms are not hard to find and work great on MAME. Probably the best in the series. First time ever a port of a Master System game was made into a full arcade version.

edit: There is more to come from this Sega 60th on Steam. I know, my uncle works for Nintendo. (Seriously though, there are a few things that have not been mentioned yet).
I have. In fact, I played the one from the Fantasy Zone Complete Collection for PS2 you mentioned.
I wish Sega would re-release and localize the Ages 2500 line. There was some great stuff there.

Ex Cummunicated Sasser HD

Sláinte!!!
kiwifarms.net
I have. In fact, I played the one from the Fantasy Zone Complete Collection for PS2 you mentioned.
I wish Sega would re-release and localize the Ages 2500 line. There was some great stuff there.
Agreed. Space Harrier and Golden Axe were two that stick out to this day. They weren't amazing, but they were nice to own, and at the time were pretty damn good.

At least we get to try the cancelled Golden Axe remake on Sunday.

If they re-released the whole lot as an anthology like SNK did with their collection, I'd easily go for them.

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Jared™

Horny with Knowledge
kiwifarms.net
And people are already being triggered by a joke in the description of Golden Axed, why am I not surprised. Also, if I may add, why do the games and unreleased demos, that are being given away for free have Denuvo?

Racist Trash

It never changes.
kiwifarms.net
And people are already being triggered by a joke in the description of Golden Axed, why am I not surprised. Also, if I may add, why do the games and unreleased demos, that are being given away for free have Denuvo?

For the free stuff I assume it might be something to do with a contract with Denuvo perhaps they have a clause stating "must have x amount of releases with denuvo attached" in order to get a discount, or it's so they can inflate numbers saying "Hey Denuvo is working look at all these games which no one pirated!". Or someone is working behind someones back and deliberately wasting Denuvo licences on products where it doesn't matter.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know what's so triggering, so I checked and apparently some developer, Tim Dawson / @ironicaccount is throwing a fit about it on Twitter? https://archive.md/x4ZWC

Screenshot_2020-10-17 Tim Dawson on Twitter.png

I dunno, sounds more like he wants to be featured on The Jimquisition than anything. His story's pretty whiny, it sounds like he developed Golden Axed without much direction, management didn't care for it, and now he's acting like a victim that's been horribly wronged by big bad Sega because they didn't like his game.

Tim Dawson, you were commissioned to make that. It's not yours, it's Sega's, the onus is on them for investing in the development of a game they ended up never releasing. You didn't lose money, they did.

Tim Dawson whining.PNG

You felt dead inside because you actually did what you were paid to do. God fucking help you if you ever have to work a blue collar job, which you'll probably have to do, because who the fuck would hire you after that spiel?

skeng

MJRUNSHIT
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
let me know what i missed out and i can probably add it on in that case. i'm really curious myself what more there might be from this event.