Friday Night Funkin - Getting freaky on a friday night

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
Nate Anim8
If I’m to say something related to the game, as an artist it always really bugged me how the Mid-Fight Masses/Sarvente mod got so popular in spite of both the character designs and the writing being so amateurish. Sarvente and Ruv are both just glorified stickpeople with about as much distinction between their designs as bad anime characters (as in, the creator literally calls them stickpeople. If anything they look more like countryhumans). The dialogue doesn’t handle edgy well at all and is bizarrely paced. I just don’t get it! There should be better things out there! :( Sigh.
I like Midfight Masses and it’d probably be my favorite mod if it wasn’t for the fact that the charting is bad. I think the draw I have from it is the character Sarv herself who from what I’ve read is a demon who tried to better herself and enter heaven, but got declined and now spends her life playing Christian and trying to lead people to a path to good. Sort of similar to Daniel from FNV Honest Hearts, but in a more exaggerated and iconic way. I also like their styles. The “glorified stickmen” is a simplistic art style that fits with the FNF and Newgrounds style and, in my opinion at least, it’s kind of charming. I also don’t understand what you mean by edgy. It doesn’t seem that way from what I can tell?

Popcorn Apoptosis

Whoops.
kiwifarms.net
I like Midfight Masses and it’d probably be my favorite mod if it wasn’t for the fact that the charting is bad. I think the draw I have from it is the character Sarv herself who from what I’ve read is a demon who tried to better herself and enter heaven, but got declined and now spends her life playing Christian and trying to lead people to a path to good. Sort of similar to Daniel from FNV Honest Hearts, but in a more exaggerated and iconic way. I also like their styles. The “glorified stickmen” is a simplistic art style that fits with the FNF and Newgrounds style and, in my opinion at least, it’s kind of charming. I also don’t understand what you mean by edgy. It doesn’t seem that way from what I can tell?
I am intrigued by the story and think it’s the better part of the mod (I also like the music), that’s true, but I did have some issue with the art because Sarv and Ruv almost feel like they had the cheap route taken out on them. They’re very similar in body type, have almost the exact same face, and most of their distinction only comes from their clothes and colour schemes (not a good sign to a character designer). It sticks out even more in the context of FNF considering how traditionally cartoonish the rest of the designs are in their exaggeration. If they wanted to go for a stickpeople look, they almost didn’t exaggerate its simplicity enough, so their designs are stuck in this strange sort of limbo.
Their poses alone sometimes have this issue too- Ruv comes to mind, because if you looked at his arrow sprites without hearing any of the music or looking at the shaky screen effects in the final thing, you probably wouldn’t even know he‘s meant to be shouting, let alone shouting so loudly he scares people and cracks buildings. It lacks that extra ‘pop’ to it that makes you really feel what’s happening, at least for me.
The dialogue isn’t majorly awful, but there’s plenty moments where I can remember there being small issues with the things like the punctuation and wording. Ruv’s dialogue in the prelude to his fight was eye-rollingly unsubtle back when I watched it, for instance. I do actually think it’s a good mod, I like some of it as well, but I still find it a bit amateurish in spite of it- which some annoying part of me is probably bitter about.

The soyalorian

"Being in that jar gave me an idea."
kiwifarms.net
Yeah Midfight Masses was one of the better one along with Whitty, B-side and some others.

I personally have a love hate opinion with the designs cuz of how much they look like those countryhumans things but the creator has already said though that's just a coincidence but the resemblance is very uncanny although if you look past that then they'll not that bad and the ideas behind them are very interesting.

Talking about the mod being edgy, yeah it is but that's not necessarily a bad thing, both Ruv and Sarv's final form are kinda edgy but the way they are didn't come off as bad as it could have been that and it works with both of the character's backstories so I think it's fine personally. (also Newgrounds has known to be a lot edgier in the past so yeah)

Now I'm not too sure about the new character that was recently added to the mod "Selever" I think is his name, yeah he's giga edge with how he constantly pulls the finger and his dialogue isn't any better but that's like a secret little extra thing and not part of the full mod so that makes it better.

Also btw does anyone have any idea what the idea of him was meant to be? I think he's meant to be a alternate universe version of Sarv but he brings up some stuff about how he build a parallel universe for his sister to remember their mom so maybe he's the son of Sarv or something but then why wouldn't he recognize her, he doesn't have a wiki page yet but it's probably going to explain it there. (or it's connected to other side lore I haven't read)

Last edited:

Doppio Vinegar

The Fan Favorite of Leafcord
kiwifarms.net
Also btw does anyone have any idea what the idea of him was meant to be? I think he's meant to be a alternate universe version of Sarv but he brings up some stuff about how he build a parallel universe for his sister to remember their mom so maybe he's the son of Sarv or something but then why wouldn't he recognize her, he doesn't have a wiki page yet but it's probably going to explain it there. (or it's connected to other side lore I haven't read)

He's the non-canon son of Sarv and Ruv released for an April Fool's update. (A canon existing for a mod seems weird, though.) Apparently, him and his little sister got trapped in a random void, now he wants to find a universe where he could meet their parents again.

The soyalorian

kiwifarms.net
“HD”

More like great value
Yeah the mod is very interesting.....
Oh no.png

But in all honestly it's actually a pretty good mod. It adds cutscenes for every week, a new mechanic in the form of dodging Pico's shots (even if it's pretty simplistic) and Bf even does the spooky dance now.

All around it's a great mod although I do see a possible shitstorm over Gf's redesign, it somewhat reminds me of what the Half life 2 cinematic mod did but this time it's not a optional feature. Even if the redesign isn't that bad but still no telling how the fandom will react.

Also I do wonder what they'll do for Week 6, maybe they'll make the whole thing in ps1 graphics that could be cool to see.

Btw this little interaction was fun, it sums up how alot of a-logs feel about the whole Bf x Pico ship thing. (Yes, that partially includes me lol)
The gae.png

Side note: if you want to know what the weird Sky redesign mod that was used is, it's called "Sky ReDrawn + Yandere Moden" here's a video showcasing it in all it's glory.

Attachments

• Sky ReDrawn + Yandere Mode (bsfwifeforever) _ FNF Mod.mp4
    95.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Peasant

kiwifarms.net
But in all honestly it's actually a pretty good mod. It adds cutscenes for every week, a new mechanic in the form of dodging Pico's shots (even if it's pretty simplistic) and Bf even does the spooky dance now.
Yeah that mechanic added a nice bit of spice to an already great song. The "HD" designs look pretty good for the most part, although I think Pico's animations are rather stiff. The screaming face inside the monster's mouth is a nice detail.

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
The dialogue isn’t majorly awful, but there’s plenty moments where I can remember there being small issues with the things like the punctuation and wording. Ruv’s dialogue in the prelude to his fight was eye-rollingly unsubtle back when I watched it, for instance. I do actually think it’s a good mod, I like some of it as well, but I still find it a bit amateurish in spite of it- which some annoying part of me is probably bitter about.
The punctuation and wording I'll defend because I think the artist who made it is Korean(?) and english isn't her first language. (I only know this because of her carrd linked from her twitter)

EDIT: Nvm she's from the Philippines https://dokkidoodlez.carrd.co/

Last edited:

Becomemysoulreaver

kiwifarms.net
The idiot making the everywhere at the end of funk mod deleted my comment saying that I dont believe that making a mod for fnf is the most respectful way to treat the subject matter
Dont worry tho, I got some friends to post some stupid comments just to annoy him, Im sure those will be deleted too, but It will still be funny
Edit: dont know why I posted this here yesterday, guess I was posting here while I was drunk

Last edited:

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
There's some Stonetoss mods floating around out there that are getting zoomers triggered as fuck on tiktok, the same way his comics do on twitter:

One such spergout:
stonetoss the master propagandist

Last edited:

The soyalorian

kiwifarms.net
There's some Stonetoss mods floating around out there that are getting zoomers triggered as fuck on tiktok, the same way his comics do on twitter:

View attachment 2135871
View attachment 2135872
View attachment 2135928

One such spergout:
A moderator of the GameBanana Fnf page posted this comment to the original Amogus mod.

It's really salty lol.
bandicam 2021-05-02 06-09-00-211.jpg

Note: I already know I posted this on the Stonetoss thread but it's relevant here so fuck it.
The idiot making the everywhere at the end of funk mod deleted my comment saying that I dont believe that making a mod for fnf is the most respectful way to treat the subject matter
Dont worry tho, I got some friends to post some stupid comments just to annoy him, Im sure those will be deleted too, but It will still be funny
Whoa there buddy.
Stop it.jpeg

Last edited:

The soyalorian

kiwifarms.net
I went through this whole thread and still have no idea what i happening. Its a rhythm game kickstarter with a demo that people enjoy and modding support but this makes people angry and obsessive somehow? School shooters and dementia is somehow involved?
Im so confused
A wise man once told me "if you know nothing about the topic then don't post on the thread" like why would we sit here and explain the whole game when it's in the thread.

Anyways might as well explain my retarded ass cuz I think some others were confused by my post as well, hopefully this explanation doesn't piss off as many people as last time I did one lel. (Still no idea what the fuck that all was about)

So I think the post is pretty self-explanatory, the whole idea was "why is this okay but this isn't" so why is Pico's schizophrenia and all the other stuff from his game fine but dementia, I could have just left it there but I remembered some extra stuff like the Nene and Cassandra shit so I brought it up cuz I was already touched upon Pico's school and how edgy it was.

Now the point of that section was just the same point but more focused on Pico's school and not some random mod, one could also just skip it if they're only interested in the mod something I tried to do but not too sure if it worked.

It wasn't that Pico's school is edgy and that's bad, the point was the edginess inside of Pico's school is being "fetishized" and that's something that the End of Funk creators make out to be such a big deal.

Like how can they act so super serious and expected to be taken seriously when in their community (Fnf and Pico's school have the same fanbase at this point) does the same shit they hate down with dementia to another mental illnesses and mental illnesses.
-----------------

Anyways I want to have more of a point to this then "I'm just too deep 4 u" or more accurately "I'm just too retarded 4 u", does anyone have any clue what OP was going on about with their "FNF mod" I highly doubt they would give any information about it on here cuz they don't want to shot their mod in the leg before it's even done.

Here's the post where they bring it up, this is the last post they made before becoming hands off with the thread but to be fair, alot of other people have done that in the past, I just find it weird cuz it leaves us all in the dark.
I'm making a mod for this game, so im glad the game is at an all time high for popularity. This game was made by millennials for zoomers, so of course it has a lot of gay and cringe. I like it though, even if the current modding setup makes me want to quit sometimes

Like I have no idea what the fuck this mod is even going to be like but judging from their profile picture probably going to be weeb shit, that and there's no way if it's just a normal ass mod for it to possibly even differentiate itself from any other of the billions of mods made for the game.

There's only three things it could be

1. a oc mod (something that has become really stale as of late)
2. a pre-established character mod (like from a anime or some shit)
3. a joke mod which I personally don't think is the case cuz then they would probably just show us it.

Either way it's a Fnf mod so hopefully it has good music.

Patriarchy

kiwifarms.net
Also as an extra bonus thing here's a "Monster animation meme" of Casandra, showcasing what I meant by how they are fetishizing the school shooter, btw this video has jiggle physics in it and that's because just like the Sky oc, this video was created by a sexually deviant teenage girl.

this casandra singing video was so absurd to watch, seeing these kids' attention revolve around old pico's school characters like a cargo cult, from an early 2000s flash

this was the music the game played over my dial up connection 15 or so years ago on the grungy sleazy hentai site that used to be newgrounds

Last edited:

disky

Harusist
kiwifarms.net

I almost had a fucking fit when Sam Hyde put that song into one of his Kickstarter TVs about 1.5 years ago or so.
All those mukbang fnf videos make me wonder the sanity of those who make them. Its not funny, so whats the reasoning behind it.
I totally forgot i made this thread tbh, or thought that way less people have posted.
I am now helping this guy with commissions for this game, so i guess i am being dragged ever deeper into this stupid funkin game.

Peasant

kiwifarms.net
The game is beginning to make the rounds with Hololive, so the kickstarter may get another wave with the vtuber simps.

So much money is getting thrown at this thing that there's no way it can't go horribly wrong.

disky

Harusist
kiwifarms.net
The game is beginning to make the rounds with Hololive, so the kickstarter may get another wave with the vtuber simps.

So much money is getting thrown at this thing that there's no way it can't go horribly wrong.
Hopefully it goes wrong after im done making shit for it. after that i dont care much