• ”used to use kiwi until I couldn't ignore the agenda anymore. I hate myself for staying. He would yell at us for posting what he doesnt like”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Fuck You I liked itOr: the stuff that either everyone hates and you love/like, or stuff that critics hate and you like

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by FatFuckFrank, Dec 7, 2018.

1. What are some movies you liked despite mixed or negative audience/critic reaction?

For me it's

• Super (2010) [the James Gunn directed movie]
    I love this movie. I do not get why it's only sitting at a 49% on RT. Everyone I know who has seen it, loved it. IMO it has everything best about James Gunn as a director and writer and makes me both laugh and tear up. It also has Rainn Wilson [Dwight from The Office US] in what I think is his best performance he has ever given.

EDIT: http://poal.me/cqhcq3
    Am I in the minority in thinking its good?

•Pain and Gain (2013)
    Probably the only Michael Bay movie since Bad Boys 2 that I enjoyed. Also with a 49% on RT, I don't get why some people loathe this movie. (A critic I follow, Mark Kermode, named it his worst of 2013, ahead of stuff like Movie 43) It's a Dark Comedy/Crime film; If you read what actually happened in the articles this was based on, you'd laugh too. They really did dress up as ninjas to capture a guy. It's like Fargo if it was in Miami. Shit, it's even by the guys who wrote the Captain America capeshit flicks.

• Saw (the original, mostly): It was a great thriller and a fantastic directorial debut. What were critics turned off by, Gore?
    There was very little of it at all, especially compared to the sequels.

• Compliance (2012 (?)): On the other hand, I don't get why audiences hated this. There really are people that fucking stupid that will listen to anything if you say you're that person, and it was a decent thriller. Not great, but decent.

If there are others I know of, I'll post them.

So do you guys have any "Fuck You I Liked It" movies?

• Like Like x 8
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    #1 FatFuckFrank, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    FatFuckFrank

FatFuckFrank Am I wrong cause I wanna get it on till I die?

kiwifarms.net
  2. I forgot to mention, TV Shows/cartoons are welcome too

• Like Like x 5
    FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  3. I used to be the only person who didn’t pan Revenge of the Sith (third Star Wars prequel)

Now everybody makes meta memes of it and says how much better it is than the sequel trilogy :/

But I still actually enjoyed Matrix Revolutions, despite not understanding 50% of the story.

• Like Like x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed Black Snake Moan and it is the only movie I own on BluRay.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    hotcheetospuffs

hotcheetospuffs Keepin' it 556 on the dot.

kiwifarms.net
  5. When I was 13-14, I happened to catch The Constantine on TV and thought it was amazing. Then years later I was reading a “worst movies” list and it had the Constantine. I was flabbergasted. I’m kind of scared to re watch it bc I had such a fun time daydreaming about it as a teen

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    chunkygoth

chunkygoth peace on earth

kiwifarms.net
  6. I liked the Star Trek Insurrection and Nemesis movies.

Also Dune by David Lynch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Shut up, crime!

I liked the movie "Ghost Dad".

• Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I think everyone who actually watched Super! loved it.

I'd go with the 2004 Punisher movie.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. My friends all think Star Trek Beyond is the worst of the three films while I know it’s the best.

Contrary to the opinions given by random people I poll on the streets each week, I find Golden Girls sufficiently arousing.

People I know like to say “Every MCU movie is basically the same movie” like they’re special and not just noticing that action/adventure flicks have overlapping tropes that everyone knows about.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of candy canes
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. While I haven't watched it since I was around 9 years old, I really liked Johnny Test as a kid

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  11. I liked the Dark Shadows movie, I like the original T.V. show too. I have both on DVD. The T.V. Show is in a giant coffin box.

• Like Like x 3
    Nekromantik

Nekromantik Prepare your anus for Krampus.

kiwifarms.net
  12. Dream Catcher. I liked its otherworldly atmosphere.

• Like Like x 1
    JuanButNotForgotten

JuanButNotForgotten Friendly Mexican Ghost

kiwifarms.net
  13. I never liked it, but it's for reasons completely different from other people.

FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  14. Yep Super is a good one. In the very same vein so is Special with Michael Rapaport - liked by a few more people perhaps but I've heard plenty rant who hate it.

There are so many "shit" movies I'm into it's hard to come up with a proper list so I'll probably come back with more.

The Lookout (ratings suggest people like it but nobody ever talks about it)
    Knock Off
    M (2007)
    Black Coal, Thin Ice
    The Big Hit
    Blood and Donuts
    Stark Raving Mad
    Miranda
    The Seventh Curse
    Combat Shock
    Sidekicks :story:
    Bartleby
    Eternity (2016)
    Haywire

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. gods-of-egypt-movie-poster.jpg

Gods of Egypt

I love hot women. I love grand spectacle. I love action and adventure. Gods of Egypt is a Michael Bay movie done right. Its so dumb and yet it hits every note a fun adventure movie is supposed to hit: everybody is hot, everything is larger than life, and the action is directed sensibly and fun to watch. If you watch Gods of Egypt you will fucking hate it. And then you will love it. Its not 'so bad its good,' its 'good, but I have to drop every pretension I have about movies before I'm able to enjoy it.'

Clip: Woman with no pants seduces a giant snake.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Alrighty then for sure:

http://poal.me/cqhcq3

Just to make sure the few people here aren't in the minority. (I'll add it to the OP)

Well I love Alex Proyas: Dark City and The Crow were fantastic movies, so I'll still check it out.

• Like Like x 2
    FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  17. My siblings and I all like Rock-a-Doodle. We grew up watching the movie and it's an inextricable part of our childhoods. When I got older I discovered people actually disliked it, which was a real shock to me and my siblings. Thinking back, the plot made zero sense, but it's still entertaining.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 2
    Baldur's Gait

Baldur's Gait Huh, you're a queer fellow!

kiwifarms.net
  18. I didn't love The Last Jedi, but I didn't passionately hate it like a lot of others did. Like I said before, liking it doesn't make me a cuck, and pointing out the flaws doesn't make me a bigot. There's room for a middle ground guys.

Also, being a Godzilla fan, there are certain entries that raise the ire of the fanbase, but fuck it, I liked Son of Godzilla. Its the closest the series ever got to capturing a "Disney-esque" feel to it and its got a sweetness to it. Some fans hate it for the mere fact that it tries to be sweet, but fuck it, I liked it.

Critics were also very hard on the 4th Rambo movie, but I thought it was flipping great and one of the best of the series. Its grizzly, gory, and tough to watch at points, but it works in that purely visceral reaction where you want to see Rambo liquify the bad guys, and a lot of the story is told visual rather than through dialogue, which I like.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. 51m47rrFSTL._SY445_[1].jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    BigRuler

BigRuler lmao bottom text

kiwifarms.net
  20. I actually liked Movie 43. I knew it was going to be all about stupid laughs when I walked into it. So I was not disappointed at all.

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 3
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    Midlife Sperglord

Midlife Sperglord Sperging over console gaming.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.