Fujio Akatsuka Thread - Osomatsu, Bakabon, and more

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
So I got into Osomatsu-san cause when I read about it I noticed a bunch of popular male voice actors I recognise from other shows in there and I figured I may as well give it a shot, and in hindsight I wonder if that voice actor thing specifically is how a lot more newer fans got into it and they did it deliberately. It must've cost quite a lot but clearly it paid off. (I'm mostly leaning towards being a Karamatsu girl but I like Oso a lot too.)

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I got into Osomatsu-san cause when I read about it I noticed a bunch of popular male voice actors I recognise from other shows in there and I figured I may as well give it a shot, and in hindsight I wonder if that voice actor thing specifically is how a lot more newer fans got into it and they did it deliberately. It must've cost quite a lot but clearly it paid off. (I'm mostly leaning towards being a Karamatsu girl but I like Oso a lot too.)
It wouldn't surprise me if that was the plan from the start, knowing this property wasn't going to get the eyeballs they needed for such an older creation.

Trombonista

When did I eat vomit?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: Takahiro Sakurai (Osomatsu) actually watched the '88 Osomatsu-kun as a kid, while Nobuo Tobita (Dayon) watched the '66 Osomatsu-kun during his childhood.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: Takahiro Sakurai (Osomatsu) actually watched the '88 Osomatsu-kun as a kid, while Nobuo Tobita (Dayon) watched the '66 Osomatsu-kun during his childhood.
Now that is interesting! At least they knew the series and characters well enough to voice 'em!

Trombonista

When did I eat vomit?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I knew Sakurai watched the '88 Osomatsu, but Dayon watching the '66 is news to me.
It was mentioned in an interview in the November 2017 issue of Animedia. Miyu Irino (Todomatsu) was with him, and asked what Dayon was like in the '66 series. Apparently he had a wife.

A single cheeto

Freelance Police Sped Unit
kiwifarms.net
It was mentioned in an interview in the November 2017 issue of Animedia. Miyu Irino (Todomatsu) was with him, and asked what Dayon was like in the '66 series. Apparently he had a wife.
Where's my Valentine's day episode where Dayon's wife gives him chocolates, Pierrot?

But on a serious note, that's super cool! I'll have to look into it. I think the last interview I read was the Matsufest one.

Tags
weeb shit