Fun facts! -

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
Today I learned the Roman pantheon had a goddess for the sewer system, named Cloacina, where the word for a bird/reptilian reproductive/urethra/anus comes from.

I don't know about you but if I were a powerful being and my title was "Goddess of the Sewers" and my purpose was "make sure Rome's streets don't run brown with shit" I'd just be fucking insulted. (India could really use their own Cloacina, yadda yadda)

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this over in the zombie movies thread but may as well mention it here too, Peter Jackson's 1992 film Braindead! (released as dead alive in the us) Still holds the record for most fake blood used in a singe film, with 300 liters used in just one scene (the famous scene with the portable lawnmover)

It's also the first (and so far only) film in Jackson's pre Lord Of The Rings career to be released on blu ray.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
the nokia N gage was made of such cheap rubbery plastic that it is literally melting into a puddle of rubbery mush now that some time time has passed since its release to current year.
I thought that was the Gizmondo, is it happening to the taco-phone as well?
It's also the first (and so far only) film in Jackson's pre Lord Of The Rings career to be released on blu ray.
Heavenly Creatures and The Frighteners are both on blu ray.

murdered meat bag

kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this over in the zombie movies thread but may as well mention it here too, Peter Jackson's 1992 film Braindead! (released as dead alive in the us) Still holds the record for most fake blood used in a singe film, with 300 liters used in just one scene (the famous scene with the portable lawnmover)

Meet the feebles was poorly filmed, a bluray wouldnt be worth it.

AnOminous

each malted milk ball might be their last
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Jackson directed those?....damn he did I could have sworn the frighteners was a Robert zemickis film
He's right on both of them, I checked.

Also, anyone who cooks in glass loves Pyrex glass, but some is more Pyrex than others. Look at that Pyrex lettering on the cooking utensil. Is it all caps with a circle R ® after it? That's the good stuff. It's borosilicate glass, this shit lasts forever. If it has some gay font on it that isn't that full upper case shit, it is soda-lime trash that literally falls apart and sometimes even explodes.

Know the difference. It could save your life.

Last edited:

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Jackson directed those?....damn he did I could have sworn the frighteners was a Robert zemickis film
Zemeckis was involved, and it has that feel to it(plus Michael J. Fox), but it was movie/story conceived by Jackson&Co. Way back I read that The Frighteners was also a way of showing that they(including WETA) could pull off Lord of the Rings and that New Zealand was a good place to shoot more than muslims.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of meet the feebles. During the scene where Hedi goes on a killing spree with an m60 machine gun, the prop department couldn't get blank rounds for it so the they used live ammo for the scene.
There is literally no evidence I could find to support this claim, no matter how many times it’s been repeated online.
DD3F1882-772E-4C9C-B6B3-AAAA34E7B5DA.jpeg

See how these rounds are all brass with a crimped tip? That’s because they’re FUCKING BLANKS. If they were live rounds, the bullets would be copper coloured, not brass. Half the shit you’ve written in this thread is either misleading, exaggerated, urban myth presented as fact, or an outright falsehood. Why must you turn this thread into a HOUSE of LIES?

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
There is literally no evidence I could find to support this claim, no matter how many times it’s been repeated online.
View attachment 2128258
See how these rounds are all brass with a crimped tip? That’s because they’re FUCKING BLANKS. If they were live rounds, the bullets would be copper coloured, not brass. Half the shit you’ve written in this thread is either misleading, exaggerated, urban myth presented as fact, or an outright falsehood. Why must you turn this thread into a HOUSE of LIES?
OK so my track record's been a little spotty it's just a rough patch. These are all completely accurate I triple checked;

The first R rated movie by Steven Spielberg was Schindler's list

The first R rated movie by Tim Burton was Ed Wood.

The first film to receive the nc-17 rating was Henry and June

2001: a space oddessy and Barry Lyndon are the only Stanley Kubrick films made after the introduction of the mpaa ratings system to not be rated R

Night of the living dead was released in October of 1968, just one month before the ratings system would be used.

The first pg-13 rated movie was red dawn released in August of 1984 one month after the rating had been introduced.

Alfred Hitchcock's last film would be family plot in 1976 51 years after his first full length feature film the pleasure garden in 1925. (not counting the short film always tell your wife, from 1923)

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Having diarrhea? No medicine around? Then a great solution is a pair of grilled cheese sandwiches. Have at least two slices of cheese each sandwich (I add bacon because I am bad ass and you all love me,) and the four slices of cheese will buy you a lot of time.
In fact I learned this from some old radio douches in the late 90s, but if you're stuck on the expressway in a snow storm or out someplace, have a wedge of cheese in your car or supplies. It'll bind you up in case you just came from the office Christmas party after having a chocolate shake, chocolate cake and the secretary with the huge knockers' special green and red chili.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
Having diarrhea? No medicine around? Then a great solution is a pair of grilled cheese sandwiches. Have at least two slices of cheese each sandwich (I add bacon because I am bad ass and you all love me,) and the four slices of cheese will buy you a lot of time.
In fact I learned this from some old radio douches in the late 90s, but if you're stuck on the expressway in a snow storm or out someplace, have a wedge of cheese in your car or supplies. It'll bind you up in case you just came from the office Christmas party after having a chocolate shake, chocolate cake and the secretary with the huge knockers' special green and red chili.
*May not work for the lactose-intolerant.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
So there's a somewhat infamous scene in Lucio fulchi's movie the beyond where a man is eaten alive and his face is ripped apart by spiders.

However this is impossible in real life. As spiders don't possess any teeth aside from their fangs. Which don't have the biting force or cutting force needed to "rip" flesh off the way other predators teeth and jaws function.

Not to mention spiders rarely if ever attack prey larger then themselves or aggressively fight anything larger than themselves. Preferring to either flee or "stragulate" that is make noises with their fangs and shake their back legs in a threat pose when threatened

murdered meat bag

kiwifarms.net
They said this about mre cheese spread and peanut butter and ive never had a problem.