fun shit to implement in a chatbot -

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the boys and I are getting bored of markov chains, what's some other fun AI shit I can do to liven up how the bot talks? I'm not really into AI since it's just a field full of marketing and buzzwords so I'm not really up-to-date with how shit like AI Dungeon works.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do remember reading an article somewhere about a group of computer nerds in college in the 80s trying to develop a chatbot, and they realized that the best way to keep people from figuring out they were talking to a computer right away was with insults. If you agitate the mark enough they won't give themselves enough time to really process how what the other "person" is saying doesn't really make much sense.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do remember reading an article somewhere about a group of computer nerds in college in the 80s trying to develop a chatbot, and they realized that the best way to keep people from figuring out they were talking to a computer right away was with insults. If you agitate the mark enough they won't give themselves enough time to really process how what the other "person" is saying doesn't really make much sense.
My bot used the chat as a source for the markov chain so all it did was insult you. But now they're bored of it, I need some autonomy.
(and yeah at least one person legit did think it was a real person lol)

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I were going to program one, I'd just have it introduce itself with some poo in loo name like Sandeep, and then say something sexual. Whoever was talking to it would just think it was a standard Indian creeper regardless of how bad the English was.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I were going to program one, I'd just have it introduce itself with some poo in loo name like Sandeep, and then say something sexual. Whoever was talking to it would just think it was a standard Indian creeper regardless of how bad the English was.
Some bot passed a notable round of a turing test by simply working under the guise of being a foreign kid with broken english.

That's all bots and the turing test is really, not to actually display intelligence but just to trick people that it looks like it is.

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
I write twitter bots for fun. One thing I do to keep them looking human is scan a social circle that doesn't overlap with their own for somethings that's getting a lot of interaction and just steal the original tweet. Maybe you could build something like that into it. Have it copy the most liked+retweeted thing from a given list of accounts every X hours and store it in a library of conversation starters.

• Informative
Reactions: The Fool
Tags
None