Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• Stealth is back for people browsing at work (it's jank as shit but whatever).

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
Since I'm 99.9% sure that this new convention was Nitro's idea and a good chunk of this thread is now related to him and his drama, it makes me wonder if Nitro and his associates are thread-worthy so we can keep his antics separate. I've admittedly never done one before, but does anyone think there's enough information to attempt one?

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
Since I'm 99.9% sure that this new convention was Nitro's idea and a good chunk of this thread is now related to him and his drama, it makes me wonder if Nitro and his associates are thread-worthy so we can keep his antics separate. I've admittedly never done one before, but does anyone think there's enough information to attempt one?
I don't think that's necessary. We're having a dearth of conventions to begin with due to the virus, splitting Nitro's BS off would make things go even slower. Maybe wait until next year, if Nitro's con-furcons are clogging up the thread, then make a new one. Otherwise, it's all convention drama anyway, and it fits the thread's purpose just fine.

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
Not near my computer at the moment, but I wanna make a quick ACFC update:

There was also a short-lived Telegram chat for ACFC that also went DFE. Someone who was present in the chat screencapped fucking everything and saved it as a really tall image. I haven't read it myself yet; it's so tall that it keeps crashing my phone's image viewer. But I'll come back to this post later when I'm at my PC and share some highlights. Feel free to check it yourself before then if you're curious.

Attachments

• ACFC Chat Archive Sm.png
    16.4 MB · Views: 56

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster

There was also a short-lived Telegram chat for ACFC that also went DFE. Someone who was present in the chat screencapped fucking everything and saved it as a really tall image. I haven't read it myself yet; it's so tall that it keeps crashing my phone's image viewer. But I'll come back to this post later when I'm at my PC and share some highlights. Feel free to check it yourself before then if you're curious.
1604962236383.png
1604962316641.png

1604962357551.png

1604962421181.png

1604962271913.png

1604962449064.png

1604962475432.png

1604962496071.png
1604962522090.png
1604962533826.png
1604962613049.png
1604962656746.png
1604962724198.png
1604962808673.png

So it actually ended up being Nitro after all. I'm surprised they pretended he wasn't the head of the con for more than a single day at this point.
1604962932768.png

OccamsShaveClub

Maybe ju an' me are amigos !

I read through it, I can throw a summary of what I'm seeing out there (long summary, so gonna spoiler tag it:

Someone named Kyle Wolf said that he knows a lot about the con but can't divulge much, and also implied that he is/was close to someone involved with the con, had a falling-out, but worked things out with them (and again the implication that he can't go into details publicly is put out there)

Someone wanted to speak with the con PR chair because they believe that ACFC conflicts with their convention plans.

People questioning the non-profit status of the con, and the owner of the TG group (whose name on TG is "Group" for some reason) saying that the con is being run for-profit, claiming that they learned a lesson from CCFC. He also claimed that AC is run for-profit, and was quickly told by several people that he's wrong. He also displays absolutely no knowledge of what an LLC is or how it works.

Several people asked how experienced the ACFC staff is, to which Kyle Wolf replied "Ima opt out of answering this for my own safety XD"

Drayne, the chair of Furrydelphia popped in to tell them to stop plagiarizing other people's code of conduct and write their own, as well as reminding everyone in the chat that the con is "being run by the same people who defrauded a charity". Mr. "Group" claimed that Briggs is a new furry who has nothing to do with CCFC, at which point Drayne responded "Hi Nitro". He also pointed out that Group's writing style is the exact same as Nitro's.

Group claimed to be Briggs, then a few minutes later, Briggs miraculously appeared on his own Telegram account.

Kyle Wolf asked why his name was being dragged through the mud, so Drayne pointed out Kyle Wolf's #teamnitro tag in his Telegram bio

Briggs accused people of "want[ing] to destroy [his] dream"... yes, because he was asked a bunch of times not to plagiarize another con's CoC.

Briggs claimed to no longer be friends with Nitro (which I'd say is believable considering that Nitro is completely incapable of having a meaningful relationship with another human being, but is also suspect given how often CCFC is referenced in their material).

Briggs then says that Nitro gave him all of CCFC's assets, to which someone else in the chat responds "SO I should ask you for the $1065 he owes me?"

Another person in the chat brings up the fact that the wording on the site sounds as if Nitro would've worded everything on it.

Someone else mentioned that CCFC is in debt and has no assets with which to run a con, and no effort was made to avoid conflicts with other conventions or events in the area.

More people asked about more info about the con (who's running it, which charities will be donated to, what events are planned, etc.). Briggs danced around the question.

Someone requested to post a list of people CCFC is still in debt to. Briggs claimed that the only actual "assets" he got from Nitro were the website and PCs/servers. Someone else reminded me that if you get someone/an organization's assets, guess what, you're also stuck with their/its debts too.

Among the other things known to be plagiarized, someone pointed out that the logo is a stock image.

Briggs was asked why he's the right person to run a convention. His brilliant response: "My love for the fandom".

A few people suggested that Briggs start small-scale and try to run a small meet or hangout, to which someone noted that this has been suggested several times and Briggs has ignored those suggestions.

Briggs decided to put anyone who questioned the con on a 60-second mute timer everytime they sent a message. Kyle #teamnitro claimed that Briggs did that to everyone so he could stay caught up on the chat, which several people noted wasn't the case.

Kyle decided to start being a smartass to Drayne after he asked in the chat if anyone was interested in staffing Furrydelphia, to which several people told him to STFU and stay in his lane. After some back-and-forth between #teamnitro and the rest of the chat, Nitro the con PR chair made the official announcement that the con was officially cancelled, leading to my favorite comment of the whole chat: "Failed convention speed run high score"

About an hour later, Briggs claimed that Nitro did indeed have access to ACFC admin accounts and was sending messages on behalf of ACFC. He also confessed, that, you guessed it, ACFC was mostly his idea to begin with. Not long after that, the chat got axed.

So yeah, this one drowned before it even entered the water.

EDIT: Above post probably summarizes it more succinctly than I did and got most of the same interesting parts, but fuck it, that's 30 minutes of my life I'm not getting back again, so hopefully somebody got something good out of my summary.

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
Wow, there are a surprising number of cameos in this chat. I'll check more thoroughly later tonight, but here are the notable ones I see from Occam's and Shaka's two writeups:

-Kyle Wolf was mentioned near the end of my CCFC writeup as the user who accidentally exposed Nitro's new account because he's incapable of not tagging Nitro in his shit.
-Drayne is indeed the chairman of Furrydelphia. Unlike some of the other events mentioned in this thread, FD for the most part has done a pretty good job of staying out of drama.
-Kaahl is one of the owners of the York Furbowl, which was mentioned in my CCFC writeup as an event Nitro tried and failed to upstage. I believe Kaahl was trying to plan a new event in Lancaster shortly before COVID started forcing everything to cancel. I wouldn't be shocked if Nitro intentionally planned ACFC to try to upstage Kaahl again as retribution for being banned from the York bowl.
-Telegram recently introduced a new feature that allows an admin of a group chat to make themselves anonymous, which makes their account hidden in the member list and makes it so that when you post in the chat, your posts are attributed as coming from the group itself. The reason it appears in these screenshots as "Group" is most likely due to the archiver using the website version of Telegram, which hasn't been properly updated to reflect this new privacy setting.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
What are you talking about? When I think of colorful, vibrant, sexually-forward and extremely gay people, I immediately think of the Amish.
I definitely want to go to Lancaster, PA, some 25 miles from Philly, to watch adults in mascot costumes fuck each other at a Motel 6.

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
Looks like Nitro is TOTALLY leaving the fandom, you guys, his fursuit just appeared for auction on the Dealer's Den (archive). I reached out to someone familiar with Nitro and Briggs and they confirmed Nitro put this up, not some ween trying to troll.
1604984620685.png

I think this goes without saying, but I'd highly suggest NOT buying it. Besides the fact that he probably fucked someone in a Motel 6 while wearing it, he doesn't give any information on the measurements so there's no way any potential buyers would know if it would fit them or not.

Looks like Nitro is TOTALLY leaving the fandom, you guys, his fursuit just appeared for auction on the Dealer's Den (archive). I reached out to someone familiar with Nitro and Briggs and they confirmed Nitro put this up, not some ween trying to troll.
View attachment 1719952
I think this goes without saying, but I'd highly suggest NOT buying it. Besides the fact that he probably fucked someone in a Motel 6 while wearing it, he doesn't give any information on the measurements so there's no way any potential buyers would know if it would fit them or not.

Who wants to bet he's gonna take the money and run?

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
Who wants to bet he's gonna take the money and run?
I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't try to do exactly that, honestly. He originally tried to buy the donkey suit by convincing the maker to handle the money transaction away from the dealer's den site. One could argue that he was trying to avoid transaction fees, but I think he knew that the fursuit maker wouldn't be covered by the site's seller protection and would have been more likely to get away with it.

Red Mask

War is Intellect
Wow! One hell of a read. I’m not bothered by furries either way, but those conventions...Jesus. I mean having kinks/festishes is one thing, but being utter jackasses about them and no one curtailing jackass behavior is another.

What’s sad is that a lot of those conventions would still be around if they properly used dog leashes.

Rukario

I've got a problem solver, and her name is Evolver
View attachment 1719952
Plus it doesn't say if he's washed it before posting it for sale. A lot of fursuits i've seen in real life smell like they haven't ever been washed. Its either laziness, the fact that they can't be washed easily, or they think the stench of death itself from the suit is their "musk".

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
Plus it doesn't say if he's washed it before posting it for sale. A lot of fursuits i've seen in real life smell like they haven't ever been washed. Its either laziness, the fact that they can't be washed easily, or they think the stench of death itself from the suit is their "musk".
Ah, so you're saying Nitro may be going Full Khord?

You never go Full Khord.