Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

NadahFingah

kiwifarms.net
How do you think they afford those things?
A surprising amount of furries have decently playing jobs in the tech sector. Like I heard a rumor that in the 90s tech companies would scout furry message boards for employees because they were more computer savvy than the average person at the time, to a point where it was a joke that furries built the internet.

RembrandtCourage

kiwifarms.net
A surprising amount of furries have decently playing jobs in the tech sector. Like I heard a rumor that in the 90s tech companies would scout furry message boards for employees because they were more computer savvy than the average person at the time, to a point where it was a joke that furries built the internet.
Where on earth did you hear that? If I had to wager anything I'd bet it was nepotism that got furries in the tech sector in an ever increasing domino effect.

Vault

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, I've known a lot of them who are in some pretty high places in tech industry. Nerdiness pays off I guess. For those folk they tend to keep their furry identity completely separated and are great at hiding it from offline people. Out of the people I've seen that like, they tend to realize shit like furry is risky for some work places to find out about, so they keep it toned down. They seem to handle jobs better when they aren't throwing furry pride everywhere.

All the while, many others are using their benefits and openly advertising looking for suit/art coms with their stimmy monies.

FFinfo

kiwifarms.net
Where on earth did you hear that? If I had to wager anything I'd bet it was nepotism that got furries in the tech sector in an ever increasing domino effect.
It's anecdotal, but of the ones I know, approximately half of them make at least a hundred grand a year at their jobs, and that's closer to 200k than 99k. Like any hobby, there's whales that establish the trends and poor people that chase. Those costumes pop up on twitter costing more than a new car from time to time.

Orc Girls Make Due

Will likely suck your dick, Resident Schizo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's anecdotal, but of the ones I know, approximately half of them make at least a hundred grand a year at their jobs, and that's closer to 200k than 99k. Like any hobby, there's whales that establish the trends and poor people that chase. Those costumes pop up on twitter costing more than a new car from time to time.
It's not just the furry community either, the kink community is rife with big rollers too. It's literally a situation of nerdiness pays off. Of the people I know, I know quite a few who work in the 95-150k plus range and a few are furries and some are heavily in the kink community.

Tennis-Ball-Tony

Coolest cracker in the box
kiwifarms.net
It's a lot of bullshit. The majority of the furry tech workers ended up in slave level jobs, where the biggest hurdle was trying to stay relevant as they got older in a young man's game. Most of the older ones that are still in tech are either there because they built everything and can leverage job security, or do nothing but work their lives away as slaves, no matter how much money they brag about making.

The rich furries that are real are the ones that don't talk about what they do or how much they make.

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
Dang it, missed Post#666.

Oh well.

tumblr_nno2b0Fo151r3p35yo1_500.jpg

Sintharia

Ruining your fursona
kiwifarms.net
In the race to be the first event to get sued for a viral outbreak, babyfur-run shitshow Mephit Fur Meet has tossed their hats into the ring for Labor Day Weekend.

Announcement -- More info coming soon! And we aren't even going to outright announce our dates, just give you a picture!
1618098847256.png

Tweet | Archive

Room block open one day later! Haters can't tell us what to do! (There were no comments on any of their posts so far regarding this being a bad idea.)
1618098600192.png

Tweet | Archive

Cosmik to the rescue, y'all!
1618098911980.png

Tweet | Archive

Get your reg on! We'll even roll over your reg from 2020!
1618099155907.png

Tweet | Archive

Covid protocols are here! It only took a week!
1618099314787.png

Tweet | Archive

Bonus: Join our "all ages" chat! We put the all ages in quotes because we're babyfurs! LOL!
1618099514630.png

Tweet | Archive

For the curious, this event is staffed by Ashley Fox and roommate Goliath is one of the con's directors.

Cable

kiwifarms.net
In the race to be the first event to get sued for a viral outbreak, babyfur-run shitshow Mephit Fur Meet has tossed their hats into the ring for Labor Day Weekend.

Announcement -- More info coming soon! And we aren't even going to outright announce our dates, just give you a picture!View attachment 2076799
Tweet | Archive

Room block open one day later! Haters can't tell us what to do! (There were no comments on any of their posts so far regarding this being a bad idea.)
View attachment 2076786
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076803
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076807
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076813
Tweet | Archive

Bonus: Join our "all ages" chat! We put the all ages in quotes because we're babyfurs! LOL!
View attachment 2076825
Tweet | Archive

For the curious, this event is staffed by Ashley Fox and roommate Goliath is one of the con's directors.
>first con is a diaperfur convention
>also staffed by Ashley "Kero did nothing wrong" Fox
lol I thought "Ashley" left the fandom, I guess once you join the fandom you never leave. Excited for people to learn that he had come back, though!

JethroTullamore

Continuing the Irish tradition of alcoholism
kiwifarms.net

Announcement -- More info coming soon! And we aren't even going to outright announce our dates, just give you a picture!View attachment 2076799
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076786
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076803
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076807
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076813
Tweet | Archive

View attachment 2076825
Tweet | Archive

I, for one, look forward to it and hope it turns into a modern day Rainfurrest.

I could use some entertainment.

Cable

kiwifarms.net
I, for one, look forward to it and hope it turns into a modern day Rainfurrest.

I could use some entertainment.
getting a bunch of diaperfurs when they convinced themselves that their particular use of diapers isn't sexual is going to be the horrifying mess that everyone is excited to talk about.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
There is just no way that convention is going to happen. But if it does, I can't wait for the drama. Simply having Ashley Fox would qualify the entire con for cow status.

Cable

kiwifarms.net
There is just no way that convention is going to happen. But if it does, I can't wait for the drama. Simply having Ashley Fox would qualify the entire con for cow status.
my main question is why and how the hell they got in contact with, of all people, Ashley Fox when they haven't shown signs of being in the fandom since his interview with Kero

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
my main question is why and how the hell they got in contact with, of all people, Ashley Fox when they haven't shown signs of being in the fandom since his interview with Kero
Probably because they were just lying about "not being in the fandom" and actually kept chatting under an alias or something. Like what Nitro did.

Just Another Anon

INTERNET AUTIST ARCHAEOLOGIST
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2076825
Tweet | Archive
Of course they have an all ages Telegram chat. Since Ashley is part of this, I would be shocked is shit goes wrong with the company Ashley keeps. Its almost like they haven't had enough grooming, rape, animal abuse, zoosadists and other degenerate activities leak from telegram.
Can't wait for the leaks to drop.

Cable

kiwifarms.net
Probably because they were just lying about "not being in the fandom" and actually kept chatting under an alias or something. Like what Nitro did.
I mean, that's a plausible answer for the second half of my question but my first part still stands: Why Ashley Fox of all people? There's probably a whole lot of furries who wouldn't mind being a part of this convention in spite of how loud the fandom is about the coof.

Sintharia

Ruining your fursona
kiwifarms.net
I mean, that's a plausible answer for the second half of my question but my first part still stands: Why Ashley Fox of all people? There's probably a whole lot of furries who wouldn't mind being a part of this convention in spite of how loud the fandom is about the coof.
Ashley Fox has been involved with Mephit Fur Meet for years, from what I understand. They didn’t seek her out. She was already there.