Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

Realhat

kiwifarms.net
It's funny because I linked the CDC demographics page in my post, which shows various demographic groups ranging from 19.9% to 34.9% as of today. Based on that I threw out the 30% figure. Yet simultaneously they claim that the total number is 42.5%, which would be mathematically impossible if every subgroup is below that number. Turns out they only have race data for 2/3 of vaccinations, and for some reason didn't normalize for this when reporting race demographic percentages. In any case I've added a correction to my post about this, thank you.

Last edited:

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
kiwifarms.net
I think it's worth pointing out that if you have a covid vaccination card, you're absolutely NOT supposed to laminate it because the card can't be easily added onto later (in the possible event people might need a booster shot in a few months). This isn't exclusively a furry thing. Slight power level, but I work in a medical-adjacent field and was explicitly told that most doctors will consider a covid vaccination card null and void if it's laminated.

That being said, I don't think the card-checking is going to affect the event much, if at all. Pennsylvania's mask mandates are fully lifting near the end of June, but I think Furrydelphia is just trying to cover their ass because they're one of the first events to be starting back up since covid restrictions lifted.

It's overkill, but I think they want to minimize the chance of some unvaccinated dipshit going to the event, getting sick, and blaming it on FD. Most of the furries I'm familiar with who are planning to go have already been vaccinated for a while and have said bringing their card is a minor inconvenience at best. To be honest, the only furries I've actively seen complaining about the card-checking are also very conveniently not vaccinated themselves.

Last edited:

Tennis-Ball-Tony

Coolest cracker in the box
kiwifarms.net
It's overkill, but I think they want to minimize the chance of some unvaccinated dipshit going to the event, getting sick, and blaming it on FD.
That's going to open an entire Pandora's box given most of these people going here:
1. Haven't left their homes in months, if not a year
2. Believe everything the media tells them about COVID
3. Probably got even fatter and more unhealthy
4. Haven't traveled to any cons in over a year

This is all a recipe for the worst con crud in living memory. There probably won't be a single convention in the next year that doesn't have outbreaks of sore throats or sinus issues, and knowing how mature and level headed furries are, they will understand this and not sperg out...

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
It's overkill, but I think they want to minimize the chance of some unvaccinated dipshit going to the event, getting sick, and blaming it on FD. Most of the furries I'm familiar with who are planning to go have already been vaccinated for a while and have said bringing their card is a minor inconvenience at best. To be honest, the only furries I've actively seen complaining about the card-checking are also very conveniently not vaccinated themselves.
They'd be more likely to get AIDS. Especially since it'a a furcon.

Sintharia

Ruining your fursona
kiwifarms.net
That's going to open an entire Pandora's box given most of these people going here:
1. Haven't left their homes in months, if not a year
2. Believe everything the media tells them about COVID
3. Probably got even fatter and more unhealthy
4. Haven't traveled to any cons in over a year

This is all a recipe for the worst con crud in living memory. There probably won't be a single convention in the next year that doesn't have outbreaks of sore throats or sinus issues, and knowing how mature and level headed furries are, they will understand this and not sperg out...
I don’t know what universe you live in, but there’s always a con crud outbreak following a convention. Doesn’t matter what convention, or what time of year, though the winter ones have their own particular risks. The worst in recent furry memory was a flu outbreak following Further Confusion in 2020.

Dog_With_A_Lawn

Down in the trenches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don’t know what universe you live in, but there’s always a con crud outbreak following a convention. Doesn’t matter what convention, or what time of year, though the winter ones have their own particular risks. The worst in recent furry memory was a flu outbreak following Further Confusion in 2020.
Yeah that one was especially bad. I knew a couple people who were hospitalized

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Can't wait to see what people with depressed immune systems after a year indoors catch at a furcon. Not that these people got out much but at least a few of them had jobs. Either way, someone get the CDC on standby, I'm sure they'll want some samples.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Can't wait to see what people with depressed immune systems after a year indoors catch at a furcon. Not that these people got out much but at least a few of them had jobs. Either way, someone get the CDC on standby, I'm sure they'll want some samples.
They'll get a horrendous flu and then blame "vaccine deniers."

Emperor Percival Tachyon

Your Freindly Neighborhood Cragmite Overlord
kiwifarms.net
Anyone wanna bet that someone's gonna get some bog-standard con crud and then blow it way the fuck out of proportion, claim it was covid with no test or evidence and then rant about those awful vaccine denying, Trump voting, vaccine card faking nonspecific-altfurry-nazis who almost literally killed them with bioterrorism? Because SURELY they couldn't have gotten it from that cramped room party where everyone was sticking their junk in everyone else's face.

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, assuming everyone there was isolating their asses off... there won't be any con crud to catch. "Con crud" is, after all, a combination of all the different weird ass viruses, typically a bunch of minor colds, that everyone who travelled to the con brought with them from their own home locales all hitting you at the same time . If all these people have been hiding at home they won't have anything to spread, so the con crud might actually be less awful than usual. Mind you, paranoid motherfuckers will convince themselves it is worse than it is and lose their shit anyways.

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, assuming everyone there was isolating their asses off... there won't be any con crud to catch. "Con crud" is, after all, a combination of all the different weird ass viruses, typically a bunch of minor colds, that everyone who travelled to the con brought with them from their own home locales all hitting you at the same time . If all these people have been hiding at home they won't have anything to spread, so the con crud might actually be less awful than usual. Mind you, paranoid motherfuckers will convince themselves it is worse than it is and lose their shit anyways.
Even if you sit at home you'll still be exposed to microbes from nature, you'll just also have a weakened immune system due to the lack of contact with people and the environment outside. It's impossible to be truly isolated.

Realhat

kiwifarms.net
All of the planned guests of honor have bailed on DenFur. Maybe I'm just blind but it appears to me that all references to who these people were has been scrubbed from DenFur's website and Twitter account.

1623893573130.png

So they picked two new guests of honor. AshCoyote is trans just like the con chair and is responsible for The Fandom documentary, and is making another documentary about the Tenacious Unicorn Ranch. Seems like a prominent figure, anyone know anything?

Ritz, a fursuit and murrsuit maker, is a standout figure because she isn't trans, but she "doesn't date cis men" because the furry community has to be all trans all the time now. Ritz also appears not to have objections to throwing bricks at law enforcement officers.

DenFur is also begging for staff. Four times over the last 12 days, smells like desperation. Perhaps noteworthy, they say "all positions are needed" in one of the tweets. Doesn't that mean that not a single job has enough people in it?

So the GoH and staff situation are having a bumpy ride. What about attendance? Registration this year is capped at 2500, which is only slightly below 2019's attendance of 2736 so the limit itself is rather irrelevant. But they say that registration currently is over half capacity (Tweet), so at least 1250 people have preregistered. I'm not familiar enough with con operations to know what percentage of people you'd expect to be registered at this time. The fact that at-con registration is not a thing this year may further confound the issue. But what I do know is that room blocks normally sell out very quickly, and this year there are still rooms available despite reservations being open for weeks. Looks to me like signs of lower attendance this year, though it's still two months out and maybe people are just waiting to see what develops before committing.

Last edited:

Emperor Percival Tachyon

Your Freindly Neighborhood Cragmite Overlord
kiwifarms.net
All of the planned guests of honor have bailed on DenFur. Maybe I'm just blind but it appears to me that all references to who these people were has been scrubbed from DenFur's website and Twitter account.

[Will add archive later, service is taking forever.]
View attachment 2268580

So they picked two new guests of honor. AshCoyote is trans just like the con chair and is responsible for The Fandom documentary, and is making another documentary about the Tenacious Unicorn Ranch. Seems like a prominent figure, anyone know anything?

Ritz, a fursuit and murrsuit maker, is a standout figure because she isn't trans, but she "doesn't date cis men" because the furry community has to be all trans all the time now. Ritz also appears not to have objections to throwing bricks at law enforcement officers.

DenFur is also begging for staff. Four times over the last 12 days, smells like desperation. Perhaps noteworthy, they say "all positions are needed" in one of the tweets. Doesn't that mean that not a single job has enough people in it?
View attachment 2268556
View attachment 2268823
June 4: https://twitter.com/DenFurCO/status/1400846847271333889 [Will add archive later, service is taking forever.]
June 10: https://archive.md/qoyJp
June 13: https://twitter.com/DenFurCO/status/1404121390052118532 [Will add archive later, service is taking forever.]
June 16: https://twitter.com/DenFurCO/status/1405223648273727494 [Will add archive later, service is taking forever.]

So the GoH and staff situation are having a bumpy ride. What about attendance? Registration this year is capped at 2500, which is only slightly below 2019's attendance of 2736 so the limit itself is rather irrelevant. But they say that registration currently is over half capacity, so at least 1250 people have preregistered. I'm not familiar enough with con operations to know what percentage of people you'd expect to be registered at this time. The fact that at-con registration is not a thing this year may further confound the issue. But what I do know is that room blocks normally sell out very quickly, and this year there are still rooms available despite reservations being open for weeks. Looks to me like signs of lower attendance this year, though it's still two months out and maybe people are just waiting to see what develops before committing.
Kevin announces he's bought 6 tickets to the con, all the guests of honor bailed, and were replaced with the Trancher's personal documentarian and a tranny fellating anarchist.... Perhaps Covid wasn't the only reason they jumped ship, perhaps the previous GoH saw the writing on the wall, and they didn't want to be a part of the incoming troon takeover of their local furry scene... :optimistic:

KevDenFur.png

Pinball 2000

SERIOUS PINBALL
kiwifarms.net
While the thought of Kevin/Kathryn being repulsive enough to scare away furries en masse is pretty funny, it does make me curious as to what's making people react so negatively to Denfur, but not Furrydelphia.

From what I can see, both events have a lot in common; They're both among the first furcons to be starting back up after Covid restrictions are starting to lift, and they're both forcing attendees to deal with a bunch of covid "precautions" that may or may not even be necessary. While Denfur seems to be hemorrhaging staff, attendees, and guests, Furrydelphia is having the opposite issue, and I've heard a surprising number of furries signed up for more expensive sponsorship pre-registrations. The general consensus I see from furries online seems to be much more positive towards Furrydelphia, and I can't figure out why because they're both essentially the same sort of event.

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
While the thought of Kevin/Kathryn being repulsive enough to scare away furries en masse is pretty funny, it does make me curious as to what's making people react so negatively to Denfur, but not Furrydelphia.

From what I can see, both events have a lot in common; They're both among the first furcons to be starting back up after Covid restrictions are starting to lift, and they're both forcing attendees to deal with a bunch of covid "precautions" that may or may not even be necessary. While Denfur seems to be hemorrhaging staff, attendees, and guests, Furrydelphia is having the opposite issue, and I've heard a surprising number of furries signed up for more expensive sponsorship pre-registrations. The general consensus I see from furries online seems to be much more positive towards Furrydelphia, and I can't figure out why because they're both essentially the same sort of event.
It does seem a bit suspicious, but we'll probably have to wait a while for the rumor mill to get any drama out to us. Figuring out who the former guests of honor were would help, in case they vaguepost about something related to this.

Wheezy Asthmatic

Don't forget, you're here forever
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think a lot of it has to do with population density is my guess. I'm not too familiar with the furry population out in Colorado but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the population isn't as densely packed as somewhere like the North East.

There also may be things happening behind the scenes we don't know about.

Sintharia

Ruining your fursona
kiwifarms.net

Some of it is definitely population density, but I think there may also be some lingering drama with Corgi Events and Bubbles that’s impacting DenFur.

Tennis-Ball-Tony

Coolest cracker in the box
kiwifarms.net
FD seems better run. At least from the perspective that you can ask the people running it things and they will answer in a semi-professional way.