Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• DDoS is active again.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I’m curious with furry now being mostly trans versus 2000s where it was mostly gay what the hookup culture nature is like at cons now. Have there been any documented cases of straight furries encountering surprise undisclosed tranny dick and phobia drama occurring?
None that I can remember. Keep in mind that if you're going for a furry con "room party", you're 99% in search of dick. Well, troons are still the same greasy dick you found 10 years ago, only with more woke bullshit and somehow even worse personal hygiene. Some of them might have cone tits, but that's all the practical difference the average furcon degenerate is going to find.

Catboi

kiwifarms.net
None that I can remember. Keep in mind that if you're going for a furry con "room party", you're 99% in search of dick. Well, troons are still the same greasy dick you found 10 years ago, only with more woke bullshit and somehow even worse personal hygiene. Some of them might have cone tits, but that's all the practical difference the average furcon degenerate is going to find.

Yep. Gender identity truly doesn't matter, if you have a dick you're welcome at room parties. Seen a lot of TIF furries find out the hard way because they get invited over twitter/telegram then when they arrive they're pretty much shut out because people don't want pussy even if they'll call you by jfyducjgender.

Terfs would have a goldmine of content to use if they regularly paid attention to furries beyond creepy TIMs.

Shqueefa

Stanky Queen
kiwifarms.net
Megaplex happens in little over a month and they posted their updated policy on COVID. They say they're limiting attendance to 2,500~ with 765 slots still open.

Updated details on the Megaplex Mask Policy
Wed, 6/9/2021 - 12:00 PM
As many locations in the United States are updating or removing their mask requirements we felt that it was time to expand on our mask policy. As we have previously mentioned masks have been shown to be the first line of defense during this pandemic. With people coming from all over the nation we continue to feel that it is the right choice to continue to require masks to be worn inside the convention space at all times, in all areas such as Panel rooms, Main Ballroom, Registration Areas, Dealer Den, Zoo, dances and all pre-function hallways. The following are very limited exceptions to this policy, and only apply to those that have been fully vaccinated. Otherwise unvaccinated individuals need to wear masks with no exception.

A) During load in / Load out and set up of major event areas (Main ball room and dealer power and registration setups most notably). These areas are closed to the general convention public, and the only ones in these areas are staff with plenty of distance between them. This is mostly for safety, since verbal commands and instructions need to comprehensible.

B) Panelists / Performers. These people are distanced far away from the audience, well beyond the safety ranges for social distancing requirements. This again is for comprehension, since some attendees with hearing limitations may need the ability to lip read, or may have comprehension restrictions with mask muffled speech.

C) Fursuiters with head on. This is for a concern of heat safety while actively wearing fursuit head. Sweat will cause masks to saturate with moisture, making an already hot situation even worse with a breathing limitation of breathing through a saturated wet cloth. Fursuiters should carry their mask with them at all times, so that if they take their head off in any areas, including the headless lounge, they must immediately put the mask on. Fursuiters not wearing a mask inside head should keep 6 feet away from other attendees. (ie no hugs)

D) Masks may be removed if actively eating or drinking, however you must remain stationary. You may stop, sit at a table/chair/floor and eat or drink food that was purchased from the hotel. Masks may also be removed for the Sponsor/Staff Dinners.

E) Areas outside of Megaplex's convention space will default to the hotel's overall policy, as those areas are not enforceable by Megaplex. Those areas include all the outside walkways, pool, lodge buildings and main lobby. Anyone that violates the hotel's policy may be forced to leave the hotel, and Megaplex will not offer any refunds for anyone that is ejected for violating a hotel policy. The latest COVID updates from the hotel can be found on the Hotel and COVID-19 Update page.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this since when Megaplex first announced 2021 was going to happen, furry twitter told them the "blood was on their hands" and how anyone who lives in Flordia is an idiot, super spreader, the works. Furries always have an outrage if someone isn't wearing a mask but radio silent if there's a zoophile or pedophile.

Last edited:

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I know it's not your point but I'ma just point out that Florida has a concentrated Zoo ring.
Honest question: what coastal state doesn't, or isn't likely to? I know there's a lot lot of zoo shit happening everywhere, but the coasts seem to be crazy with that shit. Maybe it's just the higher population densities making it easier to spot, I don't know.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Honest question: what coastal state doesn't, or isn't likely to? I know there's a lot lot of zoo shit happening everywhere, but the coasts seem to be crazy with that shit. Maybe it's just the higher population densities making it easier to spot, I don't know.
Oftentimes the locals know the people living in these places are weirdos too, and even though they hate them the feds and state authorities just don't do anything about it. When I found out that Spink and Onision both lived in Gig Harbor, my response was "No shit huh?" Most people who've lived in Washington know the stereotype of that area being rich liberal retirees and freakazoid yuppies who moved across the Sound to escape the homeless people, crusties, and negros they invited into the SeaTac metropolitan area.

Wheezy Asthmatic

Don't forget, you're here forever
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good question. Honestly, dunno. I'd say either Maine or Connecticut but I feel like I'm PAINFULLY wrong there

Realhat

kiwifarms.net
While the thought of Kevin/Kathryn being repulsive enough to scare away furries en masse is pretty funny, it does make me curious as to what's making people react so negatively to Denfur, but not Furrydelphia.

From what I can see, both events have a lot in common; They're both among the first furcons to be starting back up after Covid restrictions are starting to lift, and they're both forcing attendees to deal with a bunch of covid "precautions" that may or may not even be necessary. While Denfur seems to be hemorrhaging staff, attendees, and guests, Furrydelphia is having the opposite issue, and I've heard a surprising number of furries signed up for more expensive sponsorship pre-registrations. The general consensus I see from furries online seems to be much more positive towards Furrydelphia, and I can't figure out why because they're both essentially the same sort of event.
Since you said this I've been watching for any developments to further support it. And here we are maybe:

Furrydelphia's room block is full as of June 27 (Archive), while DenFur's is still open (Tweet archive). And the DenFur tweet trying to get people to book a room says that time is running out due to block closure on the 19th... notably, nothing about running out of rooms, just time. Just speculation of course, but makes me think they might not be very close to full, especially since all six different room types are still free for the picking on the hotel reservation site.

I've been told that conventions are often conservative with the size of their room blocks because hotel contracts will often penalize the con if the block doesn't get filled. That's one reason we frequently see blocks filling quickly and then the con has to negotiate for more rooms. The con doesn't want to just make the block huge to begin with because then they risk getting screwed. I wonder how bad things would be for DenFur if they can't fill the block due to reduced attendance?

Bec

Good dog best friend
kiwifarms.net
I’m curious with furry now being mostly trans versus 2000s where it was mostly gay what the hookup culture nature is like at cons now. Have there been any documented cases of straight furries encountering surprise undisclosed tranny dick and phobia drama occurring?
Eh I'd say it's a mixture of all the lgbt spectrum at this point.

who dare wins?

does Geneva convention apply to weebs an furfags?
kiwifarms.net
I think a lot of it has to do with population density is my guess. I'm not too familiar with the furry population out in Colorado but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the population isn't as densely packed as somewhere like the North East.

There also may be things happening behind the scenes we don't know about.
From what was mentioned earlier in the thread it appears to be that denfur overall is operated worse than furrydeplhia I.e the hotels for the 2018 convention were quite poor int hat they had literally no aircon whatsoever and I think the hotel needed up comapling to them afterwards. Thats what seems to be the case at the very least.

Emperor Percival Tachyon

Your Freindly Neighborhood Cragmite Overlord
kiwifarms.net
(Crosspost from the Tranch thread) It seems some of my suspicions from Kevin buying so many tickets were correct... The whole Tranch is going to DenFur.

alpacas.png

Twitter | Archive