Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Juan?

TRAN RANCH IS UNDER SEIGE, UNDER LOCKDOWN.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know, there's some fresh content ramping up.

57C232F7-999B-4902-B8E0-F4695454FA77.png

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funnily enough, I just finished watching Internet Historian's Rainfurrest video. You would think that people would remember to act somewhat normally in a convention (which are more lenient than a lot of venues). I guess people at denfur forgot about it - grifting for the tranch aside.
I don't think they forgot about it. I think they don't care. Rather, I think they love pushing boundaries and getting away with as much sick shit as possible. This is just a different flavor of "gay pride" bullshit. They want an audience and they want them retching.

I would love to see this con go over, no major disasters, people talking about how security did such a good job, how they raised money for charity, and how so many people who were normally put off by cons enjoyed themselves. And then everyone goes fucking insane!
They're already fucking insane. Though I'll admit it's deeply entertaining to keep poking the insane bears (so to speak).

billydero

Not An Ally
kiwifarms.net
Welp, that's exactly what I expected to happen.
It would be hilarious if this turned into a all out con cancellation war, and there was no cons left at the end of the day. Like a nuclear war, but no mutants. Between this and Califur the precedent seems to have been set.

I eagerly await the partys responsible to come forward to crow about it and the sperging that will happen around that.

Uncle Warren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Except the furries would call and have the location cancel on them, so they’d have to put their tents up in a Petsmart parking lot.
That can't really happen unless they're on state protected land, and even then there is no one they will be able to call from the state government to stop any sort of gathering. That and these are the same people who hate the government anyway.

sex haver

kiwifarms.net
That can't really happen unless they're on state protected land, and even then there is no one they will be able to call from the state government to stop any sort of gathering.

Depends on what the actual reason is. Oklacon tried that exact concept: host a furry convention at a public campground, because they legally have to let them in. Then people showed up, got drunk, and fucked in public. Oklahoma has a law that states women legally cannot consent when under the influence of alcohol, turning the event into a rape investigation, and so bye bye convention.

It would definitely work for Free Fur All's first year, on the grounds that "they differ from us politically :(" isn't something campground staff would (or legally could) care about, but I have no doubt woke furs wouldn't absolutely dig up everything they could after. Unless every FFA attendee was on their absolute best behavior someone will probably dig up (or fabricate) something that would tickle someone on campground staff the wrong way.

Foxiest

kiwifarms.net
Cancellation was confirmed by AWOO a few hours ago; their hotel "asked them to relocate". They are claiming it isn't an issue and they will find another before the con's date.

(Archive)

View attachment 2538529
IMG_20210917_013723_065.jpg
I keep seeing this screenshot circulating and it's bugging me. Furries think this kkk klyde guy is one of the con runners... but it seems like an obvious troll.

I keep coming back here to see if anyone can confirm or deny that. In other screenshots, he goes by Klyde Kash in an obvious reference to cwiki/ Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sintharia

kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing this screenshot circulating and it's bugging me. Furries think this kkk klyde guy is one of the con runners... but it seems like an obvious troll.

I keep coming back here to see if anyone can confirm or deny that. In other screenshots, he goes by Klyde Kash in an obvious reference to cwiki/ Chris.
Even without being able to identify this person in particular, it's always suspicious to me when an event refuses to at least identify their board of directors.

sex haver

kiwifarms.net
There are many who think Peacewolf is on the Board or is running this convention, has this been confirmed/debunked at all?

The website neglects to mention any of the convention's staff as far as I can tell, and after checking Peacewolf and the AWOO Association's twitter, there's nothing that outright states "yes, I am chairman of this convention". Which is... strange. I've never seen a furcon be this secretive over who is actually running the thing.

That said, this site (archive) has leaked screenshots from the AWOO Discord, which Peacewolf owns and used to make all the announcements regarding FFA. She refers to herself as "we" in terms of the con's board of directors. She never outright states that she is actually chairman, but she's pretty clearly somewhere on the board and is almost certainly the head of the con in context. Also worth pointing out that the article has a link to their incorporation documents for AWOO, which includes a residential address for herself and her husband, so lol self dox probably.

ffa announcement.jpg

Edit to avoid double posting:

There's a Flayrah article (archive) that outright states PeaceWolf is the owner of FFA, forming it (and AWOO in general) after having been tossed out of leadership from another Oklahoma convention, Tails and Tornadoes. FFA is really just a revenge con being held at the exact same hotel. Guess that explains why she is being so secretive, it'd be a bad look for the con.

This post previously in the thread also covered all of this so I guess I'm just a exceptional individual who didn't read the previous page close enough.

Last edited:

1 Guy 1 Taco

kiwifarms.net
I'm really tempted to buy a ticket to this thing. I hope they get a venue sorted out. After watching Rainfurrest I absolutely want to be inside one of these things while they implode. I'd feel like a reporter behind the enemy lines except with a bunch of weird furries instead of terrorist. Not that would I be antagonistic or cause any shit. Just catching the inevitable shitstorm in person seems mildly exciting. Corona has made me bored. Worst case scenario I get to fuck some fat girl dressed up like a dog. It's verryyy tempting.