Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Dog_With_A_Lawn

Down in the trenches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There’s people upset about the art itself: the cat is pulling up it’s mask.
It's always fucking something
Screenshot_20220103-123152_Twitter.jpg

Here's the offending art:
20220103_123243.png

Spoonomancer

#T R A M S C R O W F U N D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I swear to God one day they'll walk into a fucking murder scene and complain that the dead naked hooker is "bad optics" and "Misrepresents the community."
Fuckers will literally say that known pedophile Growly doesn't represent all "wholesome beanie baby furries uwu" and then go simp for someone like Foxler or GlitchedPuppet.

A-Z0-9

A rather mundane letter, designated "A".
kiwifarms.net
Fuckers will literally say that known pedophile Growly doesn't represent all "wholesome beanie baby furries uwu" and then go simp for someone like Foxler or GlitchedPuppet.
The only good thing about these fucking idiots is that they are incredibly easy to milk money out of. The only thing that it will cost you is your dignity of a human being.

LurkerDog

kiwifarms.net
Surprised no one mentioned this..
https://twitter.com/Roman_Rowann/status/1477694867757146112 (I literally have sat on archive today for 45 minutes. :/)

Police showed up at the PDFC Hotel to shut down an unrelated convention issue on the 29th floor. So what do furries do because "acab"? Lie and claim they were threatening furries at gunpoint and shutting down room parties.

D.Va

(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot from 2022-01-04 15-25-14.png

"We had to stay at a party (because they were shutting down room parties)" ??

I don't know how these types don't find each other completely insufferable from lying all the time, but if I had to guess it's because they're all constantly fucking high

Spoonomancer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are these not the same people screaming that anyone meeting in groups over 8 are SUPER SPREADER NAZIS and snitch to the police on it themselves?
you don't understand they HAVE to meet in person for... Reasons?
For real though, why can't these conventions continue to happen in VRChat? Fits in with the "stay safe from the coof!" as well as VRChat allowing people to prevent less than desirable people from attending these conventions.

The Ultimate Ramotith

Sorry I'm not your fat fetish fuel.
kiwifarms.net
For real though, why can't these conventions continue to happen in VRChat? Fits in with the "stay safe from the coof!" as well as VRChat allowing people to prevent less than desirable people from attending these conventions.
...and letting peopl experience others' fursonæ instead of thei real selves.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2857015

"We had to stay at a party (because they were shutting down room parties)" ??

I don't know how these types don't find each other completely insufferable from lying all the time, but if I had to guess it's because they're all constantly fucking high
I mean furries don't want their people to think they're a normal person. Yet they will jump at the first chance to make normies think they're just a normal person with normal hobbies. As furries see it the more oppressed you can portray yourself the more pity points you get and maybe if you're a desperate horny person you can have sex.

But chances are some furry idiot started causing trouble and police got called in because idiots make stupid threats to get people they hate shut down.

Sintharia

kiwifarms.net
To answer this question, people are getting generally stir-crazy at this point in the pandemic. They want to meet up; they want to go back to seeing other people and hanging out beyond their household. And because the US government is not doing anything but saying "Everything is fine; go about your lives," it puts the convention industry, as a whole, in a bind. Contracts have to be honored, meaning events have to go on. If the events go on, there are people who are going to look at that as it's safe to attend. There are also people whose risk tolerance will see them go, consequences be damned.

Spoonomancer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So they basically pulled the plug on FC

View attachment 2863358
I'm literally seeing people cry about this on Twitter and I'm just thinking... Why? Aren't the same people crying about this also worried about the new Coof variant? What makes a convention that allows people with proven shitty behaviors in their doors casually as well as it being easy to fake coof cards so safe compared to something like going into a theater?

JethroTullamore

Continuing the Irish tradition of alcoholism
kiwifarms.net
I'm literally seeing people cry about this on Twitter and I'm just thinking... Why? Aren't the same people crying about this also worried about the new Coof variant? What makes a convention that allows people with proven shitty behaviors in their doors casually as well as it being easy to fake coof cards so safe compared to something like going into a theater?
I said it before and I’ll say it again, five years from now when we’re all laughing about how silly the COVID restrictions were, furries will still be wearing dog-snout colored masks and saying “it just isn’t time yet.”

omori

go the fuck to sleep
kiwifarms.net
A majority of them are upset the after hours coomer event got canceled. Ive seen several people claim it was their sole reason for attending.

The Ultimate Ramotith

Sorry I'm not your fat fetish fuel.
kiwifarms.net
That is the conflict between emotion and reason. They had their hearts et on being on the convention, bu they knew tha they needed to stay safe.