Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Spoonomancer

#T R A M S C R O W F U N D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1641532446117.png

https://twitter.com/furcon/status/1479319429246701568 / https://archive.ph/Ql56y archive
So about that Further Confusion

longtoothduck

kiwifarms.net

hot off the press, FurCon organizers where harassed by covid crusaiders to either shut down or enforce unreasonable safety measures.
when they caved to the asinine demands a lot of events and vendors cut and run causing a chain reaction of everyone pulling out at the same time, causing the con to collapse under its own hubris
what a shame...
it was a good con, what a rotten way to die...

The Rabbit Holes

come here little carrot ;)
kiwifarms.net
hot off the press, FurCon organizers where harassed by covid crusaiders to either shut down or enforce unreasonable safety measures.
when they caved to the asinine demands a lot of events and vendors cut and run causing a chain reaction of everyone pulling out at the same time, causing the con to collapse under its own hubris
what a shame...
it was a good con, what a rotten way to die...
While your viewpoint is understandable, the safety measures (spacing, hand sanitizer) were never addressed by the con, it was always put forth as either "we host like normal" or "we punish you for asking about Covid".

Benefit of the doubt, the all or nothing stance might have been because of a contact, but the way it played out from the mask lifting horny dealer's den art to the "survey" to cancelling all event with the blame on people withdrawing to the final announcement is..... weird.

There was a group of people asking the con to ban Khord and pointing out the above dog-fucker-married dj who got blocked on twitter by the con for asking about it publicly.
furrytwitter.jpg

The Con intially cited staff dropouts as the reason for cancelling nearly every event.

I don't doubt staffing returns have been lower each year as conventions (from anime to furry) offer less compensation, more work to do, and generally act ungrateful towards new blood/younger people while the old guard literally dies off and reveal the degeneracy rings left behind.

Now, let the shaming of those who don't donate the cost of registration or more in this #timeofneed commence! :smug:

Last edited:

longtoothduck

kiwifarms.net
Please do not double post and keep posts under the size of two Empire State Buildings in height via spoilers.
While your viewpoint is understandable, the safety measures (spacing, hand sanitizer) were never addressed by the con, it was always put forth as either "we host like normal" or "we punish you for asking about Covid".

Benefit of the doubt, the all or nothing stance might have been because of a contact, but the way it played out from the mask lifting horny dealer's den art to the "survey" to cancelling all event with the blame on people withdrawing to the final announcement is..... weird.

There was a group of people asking the con to ban Khord and pointing out the above dog-fucker-married dj who got blocked on twitter by the con for asking about it publicly.
View attachment 2867124

The Con intially cited staff dropouts as the reason for cancelling nearly every event.

I don't doubt staffing returns have been lower each year as conventions (from anime to furry) offer less compensation, more work to do, and generally act ungrateful towards new blood/younger people while the old guard literally dies off and reveal the degeneracy rings left behind.

Now, let the shaming of those who don't donate the cost of registration or more in this #timeofneed commence! :smug:

the safety measures where to Santa Clara county standards (which haven't changed since august)
its the covid crusaders that couldn't leave well enough alone and had to one up each other in the name of "stopping the spread"

just by skimming the public comments the con kowtowed to most of their demands and lost a shit ton of vendors, panelists, and staff bending over backwards for these covid karrens

and this is just the shit they said publicly,
imagine all the emails and private messages they (and the venue/hotels) must have gotten bitching about n95 masks and 6 ft social distancing
Capture.PNG Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG

dog fuckery drama isn't anything new to conventions
but now we got a lot of self righteous covid karrens frothing at the mouth to fearmonger the fandom.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rabbit Holes

kiwifarms.net
othe safety measures where to Santa Clara county standards (which haven't changed since august)
its the covid crusaders that couldn't leave well enough alone and had to one up each other in the name of "stopping the spread"

just by skimming the public comments the con kowtowed to most of their demands and lost a shit ton of vendors, panelists, and staff bending
Your screenshots do paint a picture of a rabid twitter. There's also reasonable "hey uh... you gonna even consider doing head counts and maybe not hosting the party floor infamous for standing room only?"

The con, however, never even posted "yes, we will have hand sanitizer and space out booths. we will limit the amount of people per event room". It went straight from

> horny de-masking art ;)
> uwu so sorry we are cancelling all the fun things and ONLY the fun attendee interactive things including the ones that would have been easy to comply with 6ft/masks :mad:
>well, the whole thing is dead now :(
>PWEASE don't forget to PAY US for our HARD WORK :'(

They didn't kowtow to anyone but themselves. this was an exit strategy. Either forced by the terms of a contract (:optimistic:) or because the organizers value woke points, getting paid back and claiming the moral ups over other conventions.

FC isn't some weakling getting browbeat. It knows exactly what it is doing and how to play the game. Twitter and furries are insane, for sure, but FC used this manufactured outrage for themselves.

Rukario

Keepin' it PokeGangsta fo' life
kiwifarms.net
the safety measures where to Santa Clara county standards (which haven't changed since august)

just by skimming the public comments the con kowtowed to most of their demands and lost a shit ton of vendors, panelists, and staff bending over backwards for these covid karrens

imagine all the emails and private messages they (and the venue/hotels) must have gotten bitching about n95 masks and 6 ft social distancing
View attachment 2867169

View attachment 2867170

View attachment 2867171

View attachment 2867172

View attachment 2867173

View attachment 2867174

View attachment 2867175

View attachment 2867176

but now we got a lot of self righteous covid karrens frothing at the mouth to fearmonger the fandom.
Learn to spell "Karen" correctly and learn to use punctuation before your next rant.

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2867169

View attachment 2867170

View attachment 2867171

View attachment 2867172

View attachment 2867173

View attachment 2867174

View attachment 2867175

View attachment 2867176

Lolcalmdown. We get it, you can't go to your dog fucker con and you hate the covid restrictions. Go take your meds and calm down.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net
Oh how so sad.
But in honesty I actually do feel a little upset. See conventions anime, furry, and all around nerd cons have gone to shit lately. I can remember in 2014 SGC was the epitome of nerd fun I think they literally brought down the stage.

Between the coof, trannies suddenly becoming staff heads and demanding everyone join their weird sex cult, and just general stupidity cons have died sadly.

JFKdestroyer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2867124

They did address some safety measures in a page on their site. For example, they invented a new 21-day quarantine and new guidelines for exposure. I guess "follow the science" and "trust the experts" went out the window when the science and experts started saying things that didn't fall in line with their personal views on Covid.
If any of the following are no longer true within 21 days of the start of the convention on January 13th, 2022, you are not to attend the convention, and instead email registration@furtherconfusion.org for a refund of your registration:
I, nor anyone in my household have any of the following symptoms: sore throat, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
I, nor anyone in my household have tested positive for COVID-19.
I to the best of my knowledge have not been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19.
I do not have any reason to believe myself or anyone in my household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19.
Not surprised they made this up. I knew it was just a matter of time until some convention decided it needed to be the creator of new public health policy. I'm kind of surprised we got through this many post-Covid cons without hearing about some staff member making a scene over a perceived "forged" vaccine card.

The Rabbit Holes

kiwifarms.net
They did address some safety measures in a page on their site. For example, they invented a new 21-day quarantine and new guidelines for exposure. I guess "follow the science" and "trust the experts" went out the window when the science and experts started saying things that didn't fall in line with their personal views on Covid.

Not surprised they made this up. I knew it was just a matter of time until some convention decided it needed to be the creator of new public health policy. I'm kind of surprised we got through this many post-Covid cons without hearing about some staff member making a scene over a perceived "forged" vaccine card.
This policy is a standard legal cover-our-asses waiver nearly every anime, furry, or nerd con has had attendees sign or agree to with registration. It's not outrageous at all.

My point I'm making is that at NO point did FC take a reasonable and measured response publicly on social media or otherwise to the Omnicron-specific issues, which would have been

>hand santizer and/or masks provided/placed throughout the venue
>limiting amount of attendees per closed room event
>spacing out booths, seating areas, etc.
>removing the main event which brought concern, the literal fuck/drink/drug standing room only adult only "party floor".

FC chose to be snarky and dismissive, then they pretended to "care", then they announced it was ALL over and pretty please still give them money. They didn't seek a real solution at all.

In stark contrast, Sacanime 2022 steams right ahead this weekend.

Kuchipatchi

Mah mate gave me his funny juice.
kiwifarms.net
My point I'm making is that at NO point did FC take a reasonable and measured response publicly on social media or otherwise to the Omnicron-specific issues, which would have been

>removing the main event which brought concern, the literal fuck/drink/drug standing room only adult only "party floor".
I bet staff are too lazy or incompetent to make restrictions so they rather just cancel.
Better to cancel than have lots of immunocompromised people complain about struggling to breathe.

Rukario

Keepin' it PokeGangsta fo' life
kiwifarms.net
This policy is a standard legal cover-our-asses waiver nearly every anime, furry, or nerd con has had attendees sign or agree to with registration. It's not outrageous at all.

FC chose to be snarky and dismissive, then they pretended to "care", then they announced it was ALL over and pretty please still give them money. They didn't seek a real solution at all.

In stark contrast, Sacanime 2022 steams right ahead this weekend.
Several conventions went ahead in my country last year, and all implemented specific protocols (including masks, hand sanitizer, proof of vaccination/negative test to enter, etc). It seems the ones that took it seriously went ahead without any issues.

On the other hand, there were COVID outbreaks at some of the furmeets that started up again during the spring and summer. Considering what goes on at those meets though (one of them openly advertises taking part in a "kink night" at a nightclub) infection spreading isn't uncommon.

Although removing the Party Floor is probably one of the biggest complaints (most furries go to conventions just to have unprotected sex with strangers), another thing that might be a point is that a lot of Popufurs are critical of such safety measures. A Global Pandemic shouldn't put a stop to their degenerate and exhibitionist sex life in their opinion.

But what the hell. At least cancelling FC means there will be fewer dogs molested that weekend.

D.Va

(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you are attending conventions at this point it's because your risk tolerance is high enough that you don't give a shit about some boomers dying to a memeflu. The convention hinting at a closure killed it by seeding doubt, they shouldn't have said anything.

The Atlantic Ocean

kiwifarms.net
Registration for ConFuzzled, the UK’s largest furry convention, opened a few days ago and you may be wondering what sort of person takes on the responsibility of running it.

Happily the 38-year-old Toby Watkin-Jones (aka “Crimson” or “Crimson Nova”), currently ConFuzzled’s longest-serving director, has a public Twitter, giving you a chance to learn all about him and what he likes.

Before we look at it, let’s imagine what we might see. Perhaps it will be creative, well-executed illustrations of cartoon animals that he takes pride in drawing himself. Perhaps he likes to commission artists and then show off their work to us. Perhaps he’s more of a fursuit guy and has a lot of fun amusing others by bringing an animal character to life. Or perhaps it’s something else. Take a guess before you click the spoiler.

Did you guess “something else”? If so, you were correct! I wonder how you guessed.

Pup hoods:

3b.jpg

(https://archive.ph/n7pIf)

3c.jpg

(https://archive.ph/UPdHR)

Chastity:

3d.png

(https://archive.ph/FwA7U)

“Dronification”

3e.jpg

(https://archive.ph/M4GFj)

“Pony play”:

3f.png

(https://archive.ph/ri0TZ)

This idea for a convention event (which you’ll notice has absolutely nothing to do with anthropomorphic animals):

3g.png

(https://archive.ph/L8sYM)

Messaging Kindness:

3h.png

(https://archive.ph/Zj0Ke)

Losing his self-esteem (the unavailable tweet is from “Mr Leather UK 2019”):

3i.png

(https://archive.ph/Di3Dh)

I think Twitter might be able to suggest to us the exact time and date that the self-esteem was lost:

Lastly, and perhaps most regrettably, Crimson is very much ready to offer warm words of support to Foxberance (aka Rutt Pup) and patronize his canine fetish weekend.

Twitter: afterdarkdrake