Furry Convention Drama - Because you can't have a couple thousand dog fucking enthusiasts under the same roof without shit hitting the fan

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Kuchipatchi

Mah mate gave me his funny juice.
kiwifarms.net
Before we look at it, let’s imagine what we might see. Perhaps it will be creative, well-executed illustrations of cartoon animals that he takes pride in drawing himself. Perhaps he likes to commission artists and then show off their work to us. Perhaps he’s more of a fursuit guy and has a lot of fun amusing others by bringing an animal character to life. Or perhaps it’s something else. Take a guess before you click the spoiler.
This entire paragraph gave away the fact that it's not a run-of-the-mill furfag.

sex haver

unwashed destroyer of plushies
kiwifarms.net
Not quite sure what exactly is happening, but Megaplex just announced that there are some departures from the board of directors.

board.png

(Tweet | Archive)

Normal enough, but Yappy Fox is in the replies, stating that himself, the (now former?) con chair Scooby, and someone else named Stitch have been forcibly removed from the board in a "hostile takeover".

hostile.png

(Tweet | Archive)

hostile2.png

(Tweet | Archive)

Thistle

Dragon Dick Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Not quite sure what exactly is happening, but Megaplex just announced that there are some departures from the board of directors.

View attachment 2873888
(Tweet | Archive)

Normal enough, but Yappy Fox is in the replies, stating that himself, the (now former?) con chair Scooby, and someone else named Stitch have been forcibly removed from the board in a "hostile takeover".

View attachment 2873898
(Tweet | Archive)

View attachment 2873917
(Tweet | Archive)
Yappyfox is Randall Fox, the other two known heads of Florida United Furry Fandom Inc (which Megaplex is operated under) are Erik K Johansen, and Matthew Pence (Which means Scooby and Stitch are either one)

From what I gathered so far, the forced removal of the heads of the company is in response to last year's issues about sex offenders going to megaplex, and outrage by 'survivors' about that along with complaints of harassment.
https://archive.md/wip/DEzjK ( https://twitter.com/MegaplexCon/status/1425966589241970693/photo/1 )

Other than that, there's probably some unheard of acquisition of the non-profit, by someone else that has a grudge over the three, Though that's just my own conspiracy theory with the lack of info. See Post #1685

Last edited:

Foxx

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2873888
(Tweet | Archive)

View attachment 2873898
(Tweet | Archive)

View attachment 2873917
(Tweet | Archive)
My understanding from the Megaplex chats and other folks is that there were complaints from attendees & other staff for the convention that lead to a vote by the other board members for those 3 removals, and YappyFox was not happy with the decision and is calling it a hostile takeover, which is likely not what actually happened.

Edit; from the TG chat:
tg.png

Yappyfox is Randall Fox, the other two known heads of Florida United Furry Fandom Inc (which Megaplex is operated under) are Erik K Johansen, and Matthew Pence (Which means Scooby and Stitch are either one)
I believe the names are not up to date for the organizations board members, since there have been board member changes (without announcements) and more than the 3 listed.

Edit to avoid double posting, here are some interesting replies to the tweet.
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png
Some people seemed really upset about this announcement because YappyFox and others have been there for quite some time, regardless of the reason for their removal.

Last edited:

Parce Que

Goodbye
kiwifarms.net
I'm literally seeing people cry about this on Twitter and I'm just thinking... Why? Aren't the same people crying about this also worried about the new Coof variant? What makes a convention that allows people with proven shitty behaviors in their doors casually as well as it being easy to fake coof cards so safe compared to something like going into a theater?
They're not. They don't care about the chink flu in the slightest, they only want to look like they care.
They'll gleefully scream at you for not wearing 12 masks while you sleep to protect grandma, but suddenly it's not as urgent anymore when their annual buttfucking con gets cancelled.

Thistle

Dragon Dick Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
My understanding from the Megaplex chats and other folks is that there were complaints from attendees & other staff for the convention, that lead to a vote by the other board members for those 3 removals, and YappyFox was not happy with the decision and is calling it a hostile takeover, which is likely not what actually happened.
Edit; from the TG chat:
View attachment 2874102

I believe the names are not up to date for the organizations board members, since there have been board member changes (without announcements) and more than the 3 listed.

Some people seemed really upset about this announcement because YappyFox and others have been there for quite some time, regardless of the reason for their removal.
In which case Randall is just being a shitter. Either way, it'll do little to fix whatever larger issues that have been cataloged over the years.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In general, none of the big problems in the Furry Fandom will ever be fixed so long it is effectively run by Popufurs, Dogfuckers, and those who are both at once.
Then nothing will ever get fixed, because the only people invested enough in cartoon animals to try to run a fandom and its events like that are popufurs, dogfuckers, and popufur dogfuckers. There's a lot of selection pressure to exclude the normies with good organizational and leadership skills, so much so that when a furfag with a minimum of motivation like Kage pops up, he has to drink himself into a stupor just to be able to put up with all the tardwrangling he has to do.

And I'm not fitting Kage for a halo here. Just using him as an example. We all know his proclivities.

JFKdestroyer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My point I'm making is that at NO point did FC take a reasonable and measured response publicly on social media or otherwise to the Omnicron-specific issues
Their social media prescience has been shit. The poorly-worded first "We are aware" tweet set off a chain reaction. People got nervous that it was going to cancel, so they canceled their trips and forced the con's hand once enough people pulled out that it was obvious nobody was going to be there. Whoever is writing their tweets singlehandedly killed the convention.
They're not. They don't care about the chink flu in the slightest, they only want to look like they care.
They'll gleefully scream at you for not wearing 12 masks while you sleep to protect grandma, but suddenly it's not as urgent anymore when their annual buttfucking con gets cancelled.
I've seen a few furries make a spectacle about canceling their FC plans, and then followed it up with "Excited for Sin City Murr Con!" (Which is the first con basically billed as the "buttfucking con") which takes place in Vegas on the first weekend in February. It's obvious where some people's priorities lie. I strongly suspect a lot of would-be FC attendees canceled simply because it was en vogue at the time, and not because they were truly concerned about Covid. The "numbers" don't seem to be slowing down. Even if they turned around by this Friday, by the time SCMC rolls around, they'll probably be back where they were when FC first started the process of self-immolating and people were making a deal about it not being "safe".

Tennis-Ball-Tony

Coolest cracker in the box
kiwifarms.net
Their social media prescience has been shit. The poorly-worded first "We are aware" tweet set off a chain reaction. People got nervous that it was going to cancel, so they canceled their trips and forced the con's hand once enough people pulled out that it was obvious nobody was going to be there. Whoever is writing their tweets singlehandedly killed the convention.
They did it in such a hamfisted way that a lot of folks were unable to cancel trip tickets. I know at least two people who are going out to San Jose to "hang out with furs" not in the convention, but with other folks whose tickets they were unable to refund. There's apparently enough furs in the same situation that it looks like they're just going to do a small type meet regardless.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net
They did it in such a hamfisted way that a lot of folks were unable to cancel trip tickets. I know at least two people who are going out to San Jose to "hang out with furs" not in the convention, but with other folks whose tickets they were unable to refund. There's apparently enough furs in the same situation that it looks like they're just going to do a small type meet regardless.
I mean those people get surprised Pikachu face when their favorite cons get shut down. Yet these same people will unironically blame Trump and anti vaxxers even though their respective state/hotel said no to mask mandates and vaccine mandates.
Wait you mean incompetent people in con staff and PR are tanking a con?
No way.

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
A "new diverse board" which will "better represent the current furry community." So it will be a trans takeover then? I won't remember to check whenever it happens, but I'd bet that's where it's going.
I won't remember either, but if someone sees this in 3 months or more, check for us. I don't care if it's been 90 years. Check and quote me.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net

I've seen a few furries make a spectacle about canceling their FC plans, and then followed it up with "Excited for Sin City Murr Con!" (Which is the first con basically billed as the "buttfucking con") which takes place in Vegas on the first weekend in February. It's obvious where some people's priorities lie. I strongly suspect a lot of would-be FC attendees canceled simply because it was en vogue at the time, and not because they were truly concerned about Covid. The "numbers" don't seem to be slowing down. Even if they turned around by this Friday, by the time SCMC rolls around, they'll probably be back where they were when FC first started the process of self-immolating and people were making a deal about it not being "safe".
I mean I've met these people irl they will post how they're triple jabbed and double masked and saying they're taking COVID seriously when half of these usually obese landwhales refuse to do the bare minimum and get off their fat asses and walk to the store because healthy exercise and microtears are how you get the coof.

Wait you mean incompetent people in con staff and PR are tanking a con?
No way.
Let's be honest I should have added alot of addendums to this statement.
Then nothing will ever get fixed, because the only people invested enough in cartoon animals to try to run a fandom and its events like that are popufurs, dogfuckers, and popufur dogfuckers. There's a lot of selection pressure to exclude the normies with good organizational and leadership skills, so much so that when a furfag with a minimum of motivation like Kage pops up, he has to drink himself into a stupor just to be able to put up with all the tardwrangling he has to do.

And I'm not fitting Kage for a halo here. Just using him as an example. We all know his proclivities.
I mean it doesn't matter if you're wrangling drunk gen Xers at a sci Fi con, millennial perverts at a furry con, or Zoomer retards at an anime con.

tard wrangling causes alot of people to drink/smoke themselves into a stuper.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm literally seeing people cry about this on Twitter and I'm just thinking... Why? Aren't the same people crying about this also worried about the new Coof variant? What makes a convention that allows people with proven shitty behaviors in their doors casually as well as it being easy to fake coof cards so safe compared to something like going into a theater?
They're bug chasers, plain and simple. Usually it's HIV they're after (and I'm sure it's making the rounds among the furries) but coof will do in a pinch.

See what I mean? Now they're just going to "hang out" together with no distractions like panels or vendors.

Definitely bug chasers.

LurkerDog

kiwifarms.net
My understanding from the Megaplex chats and other folks is that there were complaints from attendees & other staff for the convention that lead to a vote by the other board members for those 3 removals, and YappyFox was not happy with the decision and is calling it a hostile takeover, which is likely not what actually happened.

Edit; from the TG chat:
View attachment 2874102

I love how Cassmutt is the first to jump on spouting "evidence" then refuses to show anything because "I can't." Very typical of her.