Furry Fandom and Drama General -

Golden Compass

Depart for points unknown
Supervisor
kiwifarms.net
People, the furry fandom is political now, don't you understand?

I applaud the guy for triggering so many people with his softball insult. So many other reasons to be mad in gaming these days, and yet this was the final straw? Really?

When did we start giving a shit about the Doritos Pope Awards? It's a commercial-ridden wankfest anyways. Just look up who won the awards after the broadcast to avoid giving them ad-revenue like any other sane person with a life.

KiwiLedian

I place my anger firmly on other people
kiwifarms.net
What's funny is that being a furry, black, or gay, probably doesn't bother conservatives. Being a smug fucking cunt does.
I'm hardly right leaning in a lot of ways and I hate politics, especially people who treat it as a way to lord over the "stupid".

That being said, him being a furry, black, gay, and a "gamer" is like, four times the exceptionalism at once so being a smug fucker comes naturally.

Though I wonder. How many furries will be up in arms about him being political about being a furry?

Golden Compass

Depart for points unknown
Supervisor
kiwifarms.net
What's funny is that being a furry, black, or gay, probably doesn't bother conservatives. Being a smug fucking cunt does.
I'm hardly right leaning in a lot of ways and I hate politics, especially people who treat it as a way to lord over the "stupid".

That being said, him being a furry, black, gay, and a "gamer" is like, four times the exceptionalism at once so being a smug fucker comes naturally.

Though I wonder. How many furries will be up in arms about him being political about being a furry?
I follow a few of the furry lolcows on my Twitter account. Pretty much the only people you'd think would be mad are the ones that are mad. Otherwise the rest of the community is fawning over him, as are most games media personalities and sites that covered the event.

They don't see the typical furry political statement, they see a guy so happy he won an award stumble over his acceptance speech, and it's endearing to them.

Baethoven

kiwifarms.net
Looking at videos of his "speech", he said "I'm gay, black and a furry, so I'm everything Republicans hate". Just felt the need to make everything political because people like him can't go a minute without going political.
Let's actually be real about what happened here for a second:

The dude gave a two minute speech that was largely positive, about how he just does this for fun and donated money to someone's dying dad, and at the end, he essentially makes a quick joke that he's everything Republicans hate. Cue everyone getting buttmad because of this comment, and talking as if this was a five minute speech decrying conservatives and talking about how everyone needs gender reassignment surgery or something absurd like that.

The truth is, if an off-hand joke is enough to trigger someone into hysterics: Maybe the lolcow is you.

Laplace

The box that must be opened.
kiwifarms.net
Half the furfags I see tout him like he’s a hero. He’s just a very good video game player and a furry who’s at times mildly obnoxious. People need to stop acting like he’s an entity to be idolized or demonized.
Sadly true,
twitter is absolutely filled to the brim with people sperging about how great sonicfox was today, and how he was the furry version of Jesus,
all this dick sucking and meaningless drivel being pumped out at such a high rate is pretty pointless.

Additionally, being a "gay, black and a furry" has absolutely jack to do with how well someone performs in a esport, there was absolutely no need for anyone to know where his politics stand, this guy's just your garden variety furry attention whore.

Feline Darkmage

Queen Tank, the Vice Signaler
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Additionally, being a "gay, black and a furry" has absolutely jack to do with how well someone performs in a esport, there was absolutely no need for anyone to know where his politics stand, this guy's just your garden variety furry attention whore.
Because I like torturing myself I read through upwards of 300 mentions of him on Twitter and Tumblr, and there is literally not a single case of him being applauded for being one of the best video game players in one of the toughest genres out there, regardless of the game chosen.

He was invited and awarded at a gaming event for his skills. This means that this was a win for 1. SonicFox, 2. The fighting game genre being 'more important' than the other nominees. eSport awards are already a drag, because nobody is invested in all of the available genres, and as such it's a battle of hiveminds. Which fanbase voted the most, which moment was the easiest for a normie to understand the hype of; such as a 1v4 in CS:GO or a 70% HP difference in a fighting game grand finales.

What his fans and he himself think this meant: A gay, black furry was being applauded for being just that. Disregard that he's probably a historical titan in the FGC; that's all he his. A token, flamboyant, 14-year old acting motherfucker. Ninja on the other hand, as cringe as he may be, showed up in a suit with his branded cyan hair, putting on a respectable yet informal speech, satisfying his fans by acting like an athlete at a press event as well as shareholders for being a stand-up bloke.

Someone pointed this out and it would've been almost respectable, if Sonicfuck showed up in formal attire with his furry tail in. It'd be a big win for furries and their selfish, low-IQ need for recognition, but also put a (puberty-stache'd) face to his legacy. But that's not what he wants. He wants his staple in time to be his fursuit and what it stands for, not himself and his achievements. Honestly the most surprising part of all of this is that he's in on it. He used to banter because his skills allowed him to, basically playing the heel of the FGC. Now he's just as obnoxious as any pre-teen furry finding out you can get attention by being the easiest, most flamboyant husky around.

What would a skeptical father have an easier time accepting: His gay son sitting down with his mature boyfriend and having a talk, or getting a taste of his son's dick as he runs around the house in a rainbow harness saying "FUCK HATERS~!"? Sonic figured the latter.

Frogasm

kiwifarms.net
I applaud the guy for triggering so many people with his softball insult. So many other reasons to be mad in gaming these days, and yet this was the final straw? Really?
i think that this is the kind of thing that makes him a really ideal sort of troll and it's one reason I find him so amusing, he just needs one weak little sentence to make people flip out

sonicfox is good at the games he plays but he's even better at annoying the shit out of people who are prone to getting triggered by really dumb, little things. sonicfox knew what he was doing when he picked his words and he BARELY had to touch on politics to whip people into a frenzy.

i hope he continues doing this because the rage that he stirs up is always great

Stratovorious

Yiffing in Hell
kiwifarms.net
Let's actually be real about what happened here for a second:

The dude gave a two minute speech that was largely positive, about how he just does this for fun and donated money to someone's dying dad, and at the end, he essentially makes a quick joke that he's everything Republicans hate. Cue everyone getting buttmad because of this comment, and talking as if this was a five minute speech decrying conservatives and talking about how everyone needs gender reassignment surgery or something absurd like that.

The truth is, if an off-hand joke is enough to trigger someone into hysterics: Maybe the lolcow is you.
To be fair, if their party's activities are any indication, Republicans hate seeing health care costs be covered by anyone other than the sick patient too so I think his softball insult was right on the nose.

A boop, even.

Reynard

Alpha [She]Male
kiwifarms.net
i think that this is the kind of thing that makes him a really ideal sort of troll and it's one reason I find him so amusing, he just needs one weak little sentence to make people flip out

sonicfox is good at the games he plays but he's even better at annoying the shit out of people who are prone to getting triggered by really dumb, little things. sonicfox knew what he was doing when he picked his words and he BARELY had to touch on politics to whip people into a frenzy.

i hope he continues doing this because the rage that he stirs up is always great
As I said earlier, people hating him and people praising him are both speds. He’s a great competitive gamer at best (if you can win a championship in a fursuit head, that’s impressive) and a mildly obnoxious attention whore at worst. The dude was put on the spot and he made a joke, and people either praised him more than he deserved for it or flipped the fuck out as if it were a big deal. It’s both annoying and funny watching people talk about him.

Last edited:

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
getting a job at GOwOgle.
Getting a job at google seems to be the techie version of getting a job at McDonald's. Instead of running your own company, you're stuck working as another cog in the machine that increasingly gains more influence over tech and the internet.

Oh speaking of that troon, it's none other than Pandora's Fox, a common name in "techie" fur groups.
upload_2018-12-7_11-17-42.png
upload_2018-12-7_11-20-13.png
https://archive.fo/ZMSVz

Oh wow, a "hacker girl", I wonder what job they work at Google. Security? Nah, "site reliability engineer", the same position held by both Liz Fong-Jones (the infamous troon who led a one man war against the farms from their Google.com email account) and Kevin "Lucia" Batman (the infamous headmate/plural guy from the Google diversity memo). Oh and it's friends with "suck my dick and balls I work for NASA" as well. In other words he's literally a diversity hire.
upload_2018-12-7_11-24-10.png
https://archive.fo/naD2O

Stratovorious

Yiffing in Hell
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow, a "hacker girl", I wonder what job they work at Google. Security? Nah, "site reliability engineer", the same position held by both Liz Fong-Jones (the infamous troon who led a one man war against the farms from their Google.com email account) and Kevin "Lucia" Batman (the infamous headmate/plural guy from the Google diversity memo). Oh and it's friends with "suck my dick and balls I work for NASA" as well. In other words he's literally a diversity hire.
View attachment 609331
Didn't she just graduate from college though? Getting into Google as a first job out of college-- diversity hire or not-- isn't exactly common.

• Agree
Reactions: Golden Compass

Reynard

Alpha [She]Male
kiwifarms.net
Getting a job at google seems to be the techie version of getting a job at McDonald's. Instead of running your own company, you're stuck working as another cog in the machine that increasingly gains more influence over tech and the internet.

Oh speaking of that troon, it's none other than Pandora's Fox, a common name in "techie" fur groups.
View attachment 609324
View attachment 609329
https://archive.fo/ZMSVz

View attachment 609331
Oh shit. At least she passes decently?

On another note, I remember seeing this person’s stickers on telegram around before they trooned out. Then I saw like trans flag sticker and the character was a woman now, and I’ve noticed this with other characters as well. My only thought is “why is everyone a fucking tranny these days?” Surely, not all of them can be for real dysphoric, right? I don’t know. I guess this has just devolved into me rambling about how trans shit has been fetishized into being a fad and I hate that.

Goda

kiwifarms.net
Didn't she just graduate from college though? Getting into Google as a first job out of college-- diversity hire or not-- isn't exactly common.

Their bio says they're an "RPI" student which is a very expensive NY school. Microsoft and Google recruit from these types of colleges frequently.

upload_2018-12-7_12-0-52.png

Someone's got some money or extreme debt.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino