Furry Fandom and Drama General -

Rukario

O.G. Pokérapper
kiwifarms.net

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
Furaffinity underwent a server migration the past day or two, so I wonder if FurryLife.Online planned to jump on the potential opportunity of FA fucking up.
It's the same story every time. "Quick, FA's down, get our site up and they'll HAVE to use it!"

When FA was down for six weeks and Weasyl still failed to launch, that was the last time anyone sane thought it would work.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
It's the same story every time. "Quick, FA's down, get our site up and they'll HAVE to use it!"

When FA was down for six weeks and Weasyl still failed to launch, that was the last time anyone sane thought it would work.
well, sane people are in very short supply in the fandom

Weasyl was shit for a lot of other reasons. FurryNetwork was basically a stillbirth. InkBunny basically ate shit after the FA Cub Exodus. In a way Dragoneer is almost like a furry DSP.

Damn Furfag

[[[LITERALLY SPOOKED]]]
kiwifarms.net
well, sane people are in very short supply in the fandom

Weasyl was shit for a lot of other reasons. FurryNetwork was basically a stillbirth. InkBunny basically ate shit after the FA Cub Exodus. In a way Dragoneer is almost like a furry DSP.
Everyone just goes back to twitter, facebook, telegram, or discord.

Corn Flakes

No frosting, all flavor.
kiwifarms.net
it's funny because i think this is the first time in centuries that dragoneer's managed to pull off some form of maintenance without bricking the entire fucking site for hours
I hadn't checked FA in a few weeks so I didn't even know they had done a server migration. I usually know about it because of everybody swearing at Dragoneer on twitter that he broke the website again.

Rat Lord

Them filthy rodents are still coming for your soul
kiwifarms.net
I've been wondering, do you guys think Dragoneer decided to push the server migration because FLO was actually looking like a promising successor (minus the lefties eating eachother alive over there) and felt threatened? From what I've been observing, a lot of users are actually packing up and going through with a site jump.

Corn Flakes

No frosting, all flavor.
kiwifarms.net
I've been wondering, do you guys think Dragoneer decided to push the server migration because FLO was actually looking like a promising successor (minus the lefties eating eachother alive over there) and felt threatened? From what I've been observing, a lot of users are actually packing up and going through with a site jump.
If he was, that was some serious 4D chess on his part. From what I'm reading up, what migration sounds like it got the guys at FLO to try to hurry up and open their website before it was completely ready.

I don't believe he even cared about FLO, though. Dragoneer knows he's got by far the largest platform, he doesn't need to worry about competition unless they come up with content FA can't provide. Since FA is basically as "open" with their furry degeneracy as a website can be without being blacklisted by credit card companies, and furries have been using twitter for their social interactions (meaning any "social" furry site like FurryNetwork is also doomed to fail), he's in no danger of that happening.

Rat Lord

Them filthy rodents are still coming for your soul
kiwifarms.net
If he was, that was some serious 4D chess on his part. From what I'm reading up, what migration sounds like it got the guys at FLO to try to hurry up and open their website before it was completely ready.

I don't believe he even cared about FLO, though. Dragoneer knows he's got by far the largest platform, he doesn't need to worry about competition unless they come up with content FA can't provide. Since FA is basically as "open" with their furry degeneracy as a website can be without being blacklisted by credit card companies, and furries have been using twitter for their social interactions (meaning any "social" furry site like FurryNetwork is also doomed to fail), he's in no danger of that happening.
Yeah you're probably right. I suppose I long to see some site actually take FA head on, as FA is utter garbage in every single way a site can be from coding to interface to the admin team in general.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net

Each time FA dies a little, a new site appears and B-tier artists try to make it "their" platform. Weasyl is still dominated by the same 4-5 nobodies but they're probably gaining more traffic from it than they would on FA.

YayLasagna

Cuddly Spacebug
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And yet i swear i saw something about people complaining the server was down, even though it was a planned migration.

Then again, they aren't known for any IT knowledge.
It was definitely unstable post mitigation yesterday. It had trouble loading thumbnails and would intermittently 502 for a minute or so before going back to normal. It seems to have stabilized since.
Edit: It's still shitting itself lol

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Damn Furfag

Lou’s Biggest Fan

>Does fapping count as an emotional response?
kiwifarms.net

Corn Flakes

No frosting, all flavor.
kiwifarms.net
i love when they forgot that they used to call themselves furfags.

edit: the fandom as a whole not this cow
It's usually the other way around, isn't it? A group "reclaims" an insult thrown at them and makes it theirs. See: black people and "nigga". Furries went in the opposite direction: a lot of them they started out as furfags, but now it's a horrifying insult and they can't call themselves that anymore.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Super Sp00ky
kiwifarms.net