FX's Justified to return with limited series "Justified: City Primeval"

How will CURRENT YEAR ruin this classic series?

  • Raylan's Stetson hat will be replaced with a MAGA cap, rebranding him as a villain

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Boyd once ran with a huwhite supremacist gang so he gets #cancelled by soys

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Quarles shows up as a whiny prison advocate for disabled rights

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wynn Duffy is in a homoerotic relationship with his bodyguard

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Art Mullen gets killed offscreen because Nick Searcy is dangerously based IRL

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Dewey Crowe sues everyone for cruelly taking advantage of a retard

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • An older Loretta McCready returns to #girlboss it up

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Tim Gutterson comes out of the closet and makes out with a dude on camera

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Rachel Brooks talks a lot about BLM and sassily wags her finger/bobs her head

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • The plot inexplicably focuses on Ava's heroic struggles as a single mother

    Votes: 7 46.7%

  • Total voters
    15

frozenrunner

Bracing himself for an even worse 2022
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
FX has been host to some genuinely excellent television shows over the years, and arguably none have been as great as Justified, based on the work of the late, legendary crime writer Elmore Leonard. (Okay, The Americans was fucking excellent, too.) The writers somehow captured Leonard's characteristic voice in television format (he did consult on the show before his death, so I'm sure that helped), and it's one of those shows where there are no bad episodes, just one long, great story.

And now it's coming back for a limited series. Same creative team behind the original show, mostly. I don't see how Boyd Crowder will be written into this one, but these writers can find a way to do it if they want to, I'm sure.

Here's the faggy Cinema Blend article I got this genuinely exciting info from. Discuss.
 

KEKMUHLORD

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
No Boyd Crowder, no watch. Walter Goggins was fuckin great in that show.

download.gif

Then again, I'm pretty sure I do not want this coming back. The ending felt good to me.

Probably just gonna desecrate it horribly.
 

CryoRevival #SJ-112

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Jun 7, 2021
They already overstepped with the last season of the main show. I don't know what happened to their writing staff but for some reason boyd turned into a drunkard going on about 'mah wuhman' and the entire thing just felt wrong, completely tonally at odds with the rest of the show.

Maybe it is just the fact that the main antagonist went from a flawed but relatively intelligent person to a bumbling retard who never even tried to anticipate other people's actions.
 

frozenrunner

Bracing himself for an even worse 2022
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
They already overstepped with the last season of the main show. I don't know what happened to their writing staff but for some reason boyd turned into a drunkard going on about 'mah wuhman' and the entire thing just felt wrong, completely tonally at odds with the rest of the show.

Maybe it is just the fact that the main antagonist went from a flawed but relatively intelligent person to a bumbling retard who never even tried to anticipate other people's actions.
Didn't Elmore Leonard die before that season was written?
 

I'd abeeb bear

Special Slam Poetry Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
They already overstepped with the last season of the main show. I don't know what happened to their writing staff but for some reason boyd turned into a drunkard going on about 'mah wuhman' and the entire thing just felt wrong, completely tonally at odds with the rest of the show.

Maybe it is just the fact that the main antagonist went from a flawed but relatively intelligent person to a bumbling retard who never even tried to anticipate other people's actions.
They really had to force the whole "Boyd is really bad and you need to remember that because we hate that you like him" angle. That's the one bit of the show that I can say is outright bad. Well, that and it peaked in Season 2, so they basically remade that season with bayou hillbillies instead later.

90% chance this will be pozzed, 5% chance it'll be boring and a waste of time without any pozzing, 5% chance of a (better) wrap up to the series considering the original ending focuses so heavily on a character I don't believe anyone liked.
 
Last edited:

Pentex

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Jul 24, 2020
I seen them long hard times to come...

Isn't Boyd still in prison for four murders? Don't see him returning as a main.

My cynical brain says that this is desperate nostalgia-mining of a show that ended about as well as a show like Justified could have ended (right down to the gunfight at the end).
 

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Dec 17, 2019
I remember how much of a big deal they made that they "had" to end the show when Elmore Leonard died. That they basically couldn't continue the show without him.

Now they want to do this, without him, and 7 years later? It's going to be dawg shit.