G4 Returning in 2021

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net

G4, the defunct cable television network that featured tech, gaming, and entertainment programming, is apparently returning in some form in 2021, according to a teaser posted by IGN during Comic-Con@Home, the online replacement for San Diego Comic-Con 2020.
The official Twitter accounts for Attack of the Show! and X-Play, G4’s best-known shows, also posted the teaser along with a tagline: “We never stopped playing.” The only other activity currently visible on those accounts is retweets of tweets from 2012.
The teaser contains few details on the way in which the TV network and/or its signature programming would return. In the one-minute video, a camera pans through a dark warehouse until it comes upon a game of Pong being played on a CRT television. The TV’s screen glitches and displays the words “incoming transmission,” before the camera flies through a very 2009-era animation of zooming through internet wires that eventually resolves to the G4 logo. The year 2021 appears on the screen, followed by the aforementioned tagline.
G4 was a television network that launched in 2002 and shuttered in 2014. Among video game fans, it’s probably best known for shows like X-Play (originally hosted by Adam Sessler, who expressed apparent surprise at Friday’s announcement) and Attack of the Show!, a live pop culture and review show with a collection of funny hosts. Olivia Munn, one of the show’s former hosts, also retweeted the G4 teaser video.

G4 was most recently owned by Comcast subsidiary NBCUniversal. It’s possible that the network could return as part of Peacock, the streaming service that the company fully launched last week. We’ve reached out to NBCUniversal for comment, and we’ll update this article with any information we receive.

Can't wait for this shit show.

The Master Cuck himself weighs in on the announcement
1595621436199.png

1595621600078.png

1595621508522.png

1595621831363.png

1595621717840.png

1595621875550.png

1595621153199.png

1595622040027.png

Last edited:

Coffee Shits

Get a grip
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OK, so they're going to prop up the corpse of a dead channel on a nothing streaming service to offer its programming to... who, exactly?

If you're hip and cool with the gamer crew, you're getting your news from aggregators, as announcements on Steam, or directly from the studios themselves. The internet enables this to happen a lot faster than a pre-recorded episode of X-Play.

If you're just in it for the nostalgia trip, you're looking for shows that were actually penned by G4, not TechTV. Judgment Day. Portal. Cheat!. etc. Those shows are long dead and there are plenty of replacements to sate that autistic desire.

I can't think of a single person who would actually tune in.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Without even seeing any of the episodes that will come out, i can tell EXACTLY how this shit is going to play out.

One of the hosts will be a female/tranny with dyed/buzzed to one side/both hair style that will only talk about either the same AAA garbage that E3 already shoves in our face, or safe indies that don't offend anyone, or both. They might also take out the retro corpse and rape it live on camera, or pull the "how do you do fellow gamers" card.

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
G4TV was the original channel for actual fans of video gaming and anime.
The problem now is that both of those hobbies are being used as props for political agendas and celebrity/influencer culture – the types that do not care for, or respect, said hobbies.

Since Morgan Webb and Olivia Munn have moved on to do different things, and Adam Sessler is a lolcow who destroyed his reputation, I fear G4 will just be another copy and paste version of IGN.

No one wants to be a copy and paste version of IGN.

Last edited:

irishAzoth

37.87224,-109.34303
kiwifarms.net
G4 was the original channel for actual fans of video gaming and anime.
The problem now is that both of those hobbies are now being used as props for political agendas and celebrity/influencer culture – the types that do not care for, or respect, said hobbies.

Since Morgan Webb and Olivia Minh have moved on to do different things, and Adam Sessler is a lolcow who destroyed his reputation, I fear G4 will just be another copy and paste version of IGN.

No one wants to be a copy and paste version of IGN.
That's the thing everyone has moved on. Even Kevin Pereira is doing something else at this point. I cringe at what versions they get in current year. The amount of danger hairs and nogs that show up aren't going to be entertaining at the slightest and once cancel culture comes along their jobs are done. SMH

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net
G4 was the original channel for actual fans of video gaming and anime.
The problem now is that both of those hobbies are now being used as props for political agendas and celebrity/influencer culture – the types that do not care for, or respect, said hobbies.

This is exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't seem like any original people are involved so they'll probably hire a bunch of "gamers" with colorful hair to talk about diversity and politics. Oh and maybe some games.

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't seem like any original people are involved so they'll probably hire a bunch of "gamers" with colorful hair to talk about diversity and politics. Oh and maybe some games.
Since it’s allegedly coming back in 2021, I think they’ll try to shill for the PS5, while randomly screeching about why a Trump presidency is making more politicized “gamers” consume more products that are made in China.

Miller

Let's go, champ!
kiwifarms.net
One of the hosts will be a female/tranny with dyed/buzzed to one side/both hair style that will only talk about either the same AAA garbage that E3 already shoves in our face, or safe indies that don't offend anyone, or both. They might also take out the retro corpse and rape it live on camera, or pull the "how do you do fellow gamers" card.
If there's one then I hope it's LKD.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
G4 was shit by the end, and as I understand it they're not even bringing back any of the original hosts and supporting staff. makes the "we never stopped playing" line kinda funny. who is "we"? and what's this supposed to be anyways? ign with a streaming platform and a logo that makes a few people in their thirties and late twenties briefly nostalgic? I could "bring back" the Ed Sullivan Show with the same set logo and opening but no boomers are gonna watch it if it's just some guy with blue hair wordlessly farting into a microphone for 53 straight minutes.

Ita Mori

⚜Party With Crooks⚜
kiwifarms.net
Why would G4 come back with the internet still being around?
It made sense when most people only had shitty dial-up and one internet-connected machine, but now with phones, all the info you want is at your fingertips and at your demand. Countless podcasts about the topic.

Did anyone tell them Cops is now banned for being too blue?