G4 Returning in 2021

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

irishAzoth

37.87224,-109.34303
kiwifarms.net
Imagine G4 coming back from the dead and being the spark that the game industry needs right now. Instead of danger hair soapbox hour we could have gotten actual game journalism, gaming history hell even essays dissecting video games(or their genre). Nah instead we get the same stuff that is souring the industry and running it dry clickbait, top 10 videos. They never had to go the old edgy late 2000s route for nostalgia sake even just not go the soapbox political route.

Sidenote:
I do remember back probably around 2008 Attack of the show had some democrat chick on to encourage young people to vote. They didn't get preachy about it, they didn't tell the audience who to vote for (even with the bias presence there) it was pretty much the typical Americana patriot bullshit that was RIPE during the 00s. Still that was more classier that the shit they're spewing right now

Rich Evans Ayypologist

forgetter of email passwords
kiwifarms.net
Everything about this screamed "how embarrassing" before, but now I can confidently say of G4's not-long-awaited-revival:

How embarrassing.

btw she's 100% reading off of a teleprompter for the DON'T SAY YOU JERK OFF TO ME "outburst"
if you've ever been on a stage like that, you don't look straight into the camera that way because you'd more than likely have a lot of fucking lights pointed straight at your eyeballs. You'll see people look over at the camera for brief bits to give expressions or exaggerations, sure, but you don't see them keeping eye contact with the camera for extended periods both because of the lights and because it's... it just looks weird, it's creepy. So she's not looking at the camera - she's looking at the prompter. That's the kind of awkward, stilted posture and pupils staying straight on the same spot that you'd expect of a hack fraud

Last edited:

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you really think about it, Froskurinn’s unhinged tirade towards the “male gaze” from male gamers is actually condescending to females that may like to play to video games.

I think @Neil said it best: She’s not gaining any friends with females or social justice warriors that don’t know what G4tv or X-Play really is.

If anything, this speech not only sounded rehearsed, but it sounds way too coordinated to officially cancel the “reboot” of G4tv. Something happened behind the scenes for sure.

Last edited:

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net
Froskurinn is listed as a woman and by my judgment is one naturally. Here's a potential future landmine for Nu-X-Play:

Hope she stays on her meds. Humongous red flag right there.
Good prediction.

Not exactly a surprising rant from a corporate owned media outlet in current year + N. Could be a publicity stunt to get people talking about G4 or just the psychosis of a literal BPD lesbian. Either way, still not watching unless they put Sessler in a cage with no coke for two weeks.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I sure miss what Tech-TV was like 20 years ago.

But I'll digress on the Zoe Quinn comparisons. She's also a Noelle Stevenson type lesbo who gets really mad when men sexualize women but tries to emulate men's looks as much as possible, judging by her dressing like a 12 year old boy.
I don't get the love/hate relationship these people have with maleness, they want to look like 12 year old boys, but get angry at what any normal 12 year old boy would do, ie ogling boobies or giggling at dumb sex jokes.

Man its like I was Nostradamus or something
G4 you blew your chance by not giving a cinematech like show
its over...go out into the pasture
A return of cinematech would have been cool.

Kinda funny how I keep finding out how all these people are members of the tribe after years of hating them. It's just innate, even before becoming J-woke.
Wait, who's Jewish?

Imagine G4 coming back from the dead and being the spark that the game industry needs right now. Instead of danger hair soapbox hour we could have gotten actual game journalism, gaming history hell even essays dissecting video games(or their genre). Nah instead we get the same stuff that is souring the industry and running it dry clickbait, top 10 videos. They never had to go the old edgy late 2000s route for nostalgia sake even just not go the soapbox political route.

Sidenote:
I do remember back probably around 2008 Attack of the show had some democrat chick on to encourage young people to vote. They didn't get preachy about it, they didn't tell the audience who to vote for (even with the bias presence there) it was pretty much the typical Americana patriot bullshit that was RIPE during the 00s. Still that was more classier that the shit they're spewing right now
I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I still held out some hope that the return of G4 would lead to a return to more 2000s style gaming journalism, but now that's got down in flames.

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
What I am working about this G4 mess, is if anyone is actually defending Froskurrin's Gamer rant.

Froskurinn was a LoL commentator as I recall. She used to be quite respected and good at it, but then kept dragging politics and SJW shit into everything. Ended up burning bridges with people who had previously supported her like Thorin, who became her enemy when he suggested she tone down the politics in favor of doing her job. I think she even takes a jab at him in her weird little rant. I haven't kept up with LoL stuff in a long time, but Thorin was a pretty well-respected analyst type guy that talked about pro games and stuff. He also used to talk her up a lot and say how great she was. Pretty much threw him under the bus for political tribalism I believe. Terrible person, this bint.

Also, she legally changed her name to Indiana Juniper Black in 2015, which makes that action even more sufferable, given how she devolved herself to this.

Gezkill

IlKhan of Clan Waifu
kiwifarms.net
I don't get the love/hate relationship these people have with maleness, they want to look like 12 year old boys, but get angry at what any normal 12 year old boy would do, ie ogling boobies or giggling at dumb sex jokes.
Because the hard cold truth is that masculinity attracts femininity. This has been hard coded in our genetics back to when we where flinging rocks and swinging sticks at each other and if you want to attract a mate you better exemplify what you are.

AutoGuyNoFile

Autoguys...transition and troon out!
kiwifarms.net
So THIS is what it's like outside the bubble. Was a long time GGer and never understood why the farms acted the way they did towards it but now I do. This G4 thing is embarassing. It HURTS to see so many YouTubers comment on this non-incident. If this was a publicity stunt to let people know G4 is back, it almost worked because I literally did not know until now. Now that I DO know however...I'm glad I'm not watching it!

I mean on one hand, she's kinda right in that telling women you jerk off to them or complaining they aren't hot enough is pretty bullshit. But on the other hand she handled it in the worst possible way.

On the THIRD hand, however, she also revealed why G4 is a terrible idea when she admitted the reviews are written for them and are not actually their own opinions. I mean yes, this is what corporate media is, but on the other hand this is why YouTube was successful. When you do a video on YouTube, the person in the video takes responsibility for the words coming out of their mouth and they are usually the boss. There's at least a percieved authenticity to it and when you are found to be inauthentic you lose a lot of why people like you. But if you're not the origin of the reviews, then why ARE you there? Yes no single person can review ever game but...aren't there 5 of you? If you ARE just hired to read other people's reviews, then chances are you were hired to be a pretty face, in which case...yeeeah...

But this, of course, is why bringing back G4 was a dumb idea. It really doesn't belong in the modern day.

That said, listening to you all miss the old days of 2000s game journalism kinda hurts. Personally I loved the very last season of Extended Play, the one where it was JUST Adam Sessler in an arcade rapid fire reviewing games. It was the perfect game review show. Then X-Play happened and they reviewed less games, added dumb skits, and the reviews themselves were more focused on being LOL SO FUNNY than informative. Every time I bitch about it I get to hear "But Extended Play was boring, this is funny!" and "Doesn't matter, Morgan Webb is hot."

But at the same time, yes, 2000s game "journalism" was more about drooling over girls in bikinis and making dick jokes than anything else which is a large part of why game journalists trying to do a 180 was so retarded. Y'all gonna blame the games for the "frat boy culture" that YOU IDIOTS CREATED AND FOSTERED IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE! I am LOVING watching people juxtapose this rant with clips of old G4's retarded hijinx. Own up to it instead of blaming everyone else for the shit you did! BAH!

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adam and Kevin I don't mind. Not sure where Sara Jane, Allison, Blair, Kristin, Chobot, Candace, and that Indian chick have gone off to.

Wasn't Blair in Road Rules on MTV forever ago bc lol

Cactus Concerto

post's dramatic mati disorder
kiwifarms.net
Starting in the New Year, Nu-G4TV wants you to respect wahmen like MGKurinn. The retweets are pretty embarrassing like "YASS QUEEN" and crap like that.
View attachment 2879558

This should be interesting tomorrow in the morning.
View attachment 2880367

My absolute favorite thing about this is her starting with "sexism in gaming," a singular wahman clapping over her derailing the program, her black male co-host clapping with a dead look in his eyes while Jirard takes a moment to let it sink in, makes light of the downward spiral G4 is about to experience, and then seeing both men watch as she rips their salaries to shreds. And then the empty hooting and hollering in support of her emotional outburst because we love when women are unprofessional in the workplace and tank everyone's fucking jobs in the process. At which point, I started to tune out. And apparently this was all over a comment in chat? Yikes.

What's really amazing though is that instead of sitting back and letting her sparkling personality, amazing sense of humor, natural chemistry with the male hosts, or vast gaming knowledge stamp out all the negative backlash for her, she gets uber upset about not being as fuckable as another chick in the eyes of some rando on the internet.

And this is what it's about. No matter how much these women squeal and cry about diversity and togetherness and woman loving woman, what they really want is to be the top prize in the eyes of all men, at all times. She wants comments saying she's hotter smarter than the previous female host, better than the previous host, superior to the woman who wore these shoe before her. She wants to be at the top of the food chain simply because she exists and we should all bow down before her.

Keep in mind this is the exact same space (gaming, that is) where ALL PARTIES, male and female, are very open to talking about how much they want to see a male character suffocate them with his thighs or two male characters fuck each other's brains out. It's all "If I was Peach, I'd let Bowser fuck me up the ass" this and "I wanna see Link get pegged by a tree!" that.

"IT'S DEHUMANIZING!" The only reason you're alive is because your dad wanted to jerk off to your mom and ended up popping inside her. Sex is one of the core pillars of life, you numpties. Women exist to be fucked and bred, men exist to spread their seed. Being nice on the eyes is one of the things that gets that train going. Just because we can exist and do more outside of that doesn't remove the fact that at our core we're a bunch of animals on this earth to fuck, be fucked, and fart out offspring who will grow up and do the same.

Edit: and holy fucking shit, her voice grating.

Dude Ukraine

Vaccinated Dogwalker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

FarCentrist

kiwifarms.net
"IT'S DEHUMANIZING!" The only reason you're alive is because your dad wanted to jerk off to your mom and ended up popping inside her. Sex is one of the core pillars of life, you numpties. Women exist to be fucked and bred, men exist to spread their seed. Being nice on the eyes is one of the things that gets that train going. Just because we can exist and do more outside of that doesn't remove the fact that at our core we're a bunch of animals on this earth to fuck, be fucked, and fart out offspring who will grow up and do the same.
Imagine if our male Neanderthal cavemen ancestors had high standards when it comes to the fuckability of the "fairer" (barely) sex. The human race would become extinct in one generation.

On the bright side, this g4 dyke wouldn't exist.