G4 Returning in 2021

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why am I being subjected to the trivial whining of a privileged white woman when Trans BIPOC folx are literally being murdered in the street by J.K. Rowling & Dave Chapelle rn, it's 2022!!!😡
Those are not JK Rowling and Dave Chappelle killing them, it's just trans people who look like them who are killing themselves.

Mr. Zed da Robot Poon Fed

Goooooooooood!
kiwifarms.net
I don't get the love/hate relationship these people have with maleness, they want to look like 12 year old boys, but get angry at what any normal 12 year old boy would do, ie ogling boobies or giggling at dumb sex jokes.
Same reason why women want to hate men for muh patriarchy, until they need something carried for them or built by hand for them. It’s cool to hate maleness, until it isn’t.

Last edited:

Dewy60

kiwifarms.net
The best way I could discribe frosk when I first saw her rant is basically this setence: She's an asshole and a hypocrite.

NickDigger

kiwifarms.net
This is your daily reminder that G4 always ate shit. It ate shit 15 years ago, and it eats shit now. It's just the present day shit is soylent flavored.

Well, so much for that.

Hate that we didn't even get any official archives of old G4 content.
And sadly that won't happen if Comcast/NBC, the previous owners G4 (and in turn inheritors to TechTV's assets via the 2004 merger w/ G4), get off their ass and dig out whatever masters are in their vaults. I vaguely recall hearing Leo Laporte trying to acquire any and all old master tapes of original Screensavers episodes (and possibly additional ZDTV/TechTV content), but Comcast didn't want to cooperate in tracking them down.

Right now I think the only "classic" G4 stuff that anyone has in broadcast quality is their old review show Judgment Day (which frankly should've replaced X-play as their main review show, especially as X-play started larding up their reviews with sketches that always deviated from actual game criticism), since that was technically co-host's Victor Lucas' show, just rebranded for the US from its Canadian title (Reviews on the Run). This is primarily an assumption as Victor has sporadically uploaded source quality encodes of his other show, Electric Playground, on youtube.

I sure miss what Tech-TV was like 20 years ago.
We all do.
But after that whole schtick I'd rather we just go back to 90s gaming Magazines.
Those 90s gayming rags were every bit a part of the payrolla farce that was "games journalism". We were just too young, dumb, and wide eyed to notice.

Frosted Snowflakes

Part of a delicious genderbalance breakfast
kiwifarms.net
1642193866821.png

Negative Damage

kiwifarms.net

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same reason why women want to hate men for much patriarchy, until they need something carries for them or built by hand from them. It’s cool to hate maleness, until it isn’t.
Very well said.

Adam Sessler.

SHOCKER, I know.
But he used to be blond, there can be blond Jews?

This is your daily reminder that G4 always ate shit. It ate shit 15 years ago, and it eats shit now. It's just the present day shit is soylent flavored.
15 years ago is when I stopped watching the original G4 as a matter of fact, late 2006, early 2007, I want to say I read that they got a new network head, which would explain all the sudden changes, but I just remember it taking a big nosedive, they stopped airing anime, X-Play started to suck after the third set change (I always thought of the musical episode as a series finale)

I also read that Cinematech ended later in 2007, it was pretty cool from 2004-2006 but by 2007 it just didn't feel worth watching anymore.

And sadly that won't happen if Comcast/NBC, the previous owners G4 (and in turn inheritors to TechTV's assets via the 2004 merger w/ G4), get off their ass and dig out whatever masters are in their vaults. I vaguely recall hearing Leo Laporte trying to acquire any and all old master tapes of original Screensavers episodes (and possibly additional ZDTV/TechTV content), but Comcast didn't want to cooperate in tracking them down.
That really sucks.

Right now I think the only "classic" G4 stuff that anyone has in broadcast quality is their old review show Judgment Day (which frankly should've replaced X-play as their main review show, especially as X-play started larding up their reviews with sketches that always deviated from actual game criticism), since that was technically co-host's Victor Lucas' show, just rebranded for the US from its Canadian title (Reviews on the Run). This is primarily an assumption as Victor has sporadically uploaded source quality encodes of his other show, Electric Playground, on youtube.
I remember watching Electric Playground when it would air on The Science Channel, unfortunately I felt like by the time of Judgement Day, Tommy got really obnoxious.

We all do.
TechTV really was something special, it was so authentically nerdy, it wasn't trying to be "hip" or "geek chic" like G4 was, TechTV was the genuine article, when they would air reruns it would be weird shit like Max Headroom or Thunderbirds, not Cheaters and Cops.

And when they started airing anime they started with fucking Serial Experiments Lain, something that would have been too out there even for Adult Swim, it still amazes me to think that series got US TV airtime.

Those 90s gayming rags were every bit a part of the payrolla farce that was "games journalism". We were just too young, dumb, and wide eyed to notice.
90s magazines maybe, but 2000s magazines like EGM you got authentic opinions, it's just that sometimes the opinions were dumb.

albert the programmer

Java programming under Chris Cornell’s name
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We got a stunning & brave male ally beta cuck white knighting Froskurinn and his name is Chris Scullion. Until the internet ripped him a new asshole.
View attachment 2887699View attachment 2887700View attachment 2887701View attachment 2887706

He runs a website as a "journalist" called Tired Old Hack.

View attachment 2887729

Of course he's one of these journalists obsessed with GamerGate.
The fact that he compared that unhinged rant to the recent James Bond movie is just real proof that they can’t back up their so called political beliefs without Hollywood pop culture references.

And of course, he would have a #Gamergate hashtag in 2022 on his barely viewed website.